29 Apr 2017 06:37 PM
Timers Q & How/where to integrate Planning Center Online with SSP? by fritzman in Version 8.3
- Two questions...
1. I understand that this can be done, but have search for both Planning Center Online & Formulate and can't find any references to the how part...
2. Is there a way to create timers that once the time is up, they change color (pref to RED) and show a negative time? Several of our Pastors have asked as they feel this would be helpful for those who are more long-winded than they... personally, I'd just install the dreaded trapdoor, but hey... gotta be PC and all that.
Appreciate being steered the right direction please...
27 Apr 2017 08:20 AM
RE: DAX Error by akins in Version 8.3
- I have two very similar PC's; both with Win10 and 500 Gb SSDs. One is the projection
PC at church, the other my workstation at home. Both have identical image and video
files with the same folder structure. The church PC always has this problem with blank
slides, my home PC has never had it!
26 Apr 2017 01:47 PM
RE: Hebrew on iPad monitor by George in Version 8.3
- Hi Billy - good to hear from you again.
Good News (sort of)...
We are currently working on a new Mobile App along with the latest version of SSP - 8.4.
Version 8.4 is currently available for preview and the new app for Android is available for free to test at this time.
Unfortunately we do not have the iOS version available yet but that is the intent.
If you have an Android device available and you wanted to download the latest versions of 8.4 and the new Mobile App, you could check to see how your content works.
I did some testing of my own and it is better (no question marks) than the current app but I did see that it displays the text left-to-right rather than right-to-left as expected. Also the examples that I used did not have any Hebrew diacritics that we have discussed before.
It may be a tad early but if you have time I encourage you to take a look and provide some feedback.
26 Apr 2017 01:23 PM
RE: Linux and Mac support via Codeweavers? by George in The Wave Pool
- Hi Gary,
FYI - we did work on this quite a bit a while back and there were several issues but the two most glaring were the activation process and graphics performance.
Even when we could get it to work after side-stepping the activation issues, the graphics performance was horrid.
Granted, this was a while ago and things may have changed. Unfortunately, supporting this is not on the radar at this time.
24 Apr 2017 06:36 PM
RE: re-establishing preferred setup by akins in Version 8.3
- That's handy; Thanks Gary.
23 Apr 2017 07:26 PM
RE: can images be sent to this forum?? by iamgap in Version 8.3
Posted By Joel Osborn on 27 Mar 2017 06:52 PM
I've had the same issue. I have placed files on a public site, and put a link in my posts.
I remember that I had to go into the HTML and put the img code in manually, but I can't seem to get it to work now.
You have to use the img source tag and wrap it with lessthan and greaterthan symbols.
img src="http://www.iamgap.com/images/iamgap.jpg" alt="iamgap" produces:
23 Apr 2017 07:53 AM
RE: Avtivation blew up. by Yagabu in Version 8.3
- We are currently experiencing an activation error. I am currently on the temporary license. We are in the process of switching to another presentation software (unfortunately) and have not fully switched over yet. We also do not have a current subscription so I am not sure if the support will help. This was after a windows update. I will try calling or emailing sometime this week.
19 Apr 2017 12:18 PM
RE: Activation Failed by George in Version 8.3
The machine key will be changed during a reinstall. The only way to recover the license in this case is to contact support.
14 Apr 2017 10:08 AM
RE: Windows 10 Update by osborn4 in Windows 10
- Any word on when SongShow Plus will support Windows scaling to allow use on high resolution monitors? With 4k laptops coming out, it would be good to have the option of scaling up the display with the control panel. Displaying at 100% would be too tiny.
12 Apr 2017 06:11 PM
Random lockups of SSP after a Windows Update (TS300) by George in Troubleshooting
After a Windows update, SongShow Plus will randomly lock up. Other applications on the system may be affected as well.
A broken Windows update was installed - KB4013429.
Uninstall KB4013429 and install KB4015438.
12 Apr 2017 03:28 PM
Matrox Graphics Expansion Devices not working as expected (TS299) by George in Troubleshooting
Sometimes when attempting to split displays in SongShow Plus using a Matrox Graphics Expansion Device, commonly referred to as a DualHeadToGo or TripleHeadToGo device, the settings do not stay as set or the displayed content does not go where it is intended to.
If the Matrox Control software is installed, it can cause these types of issues.
NOTE: The Matrox Control software is not required for SSP to utilize the Matrox device.
Option 1: It may be possible to adjust the settings in the Matrox software to avoid the conflict. Since every setup may be a little different, there are no specific changes listed here. Recommendation is to experiment with the settings to attempt avoiding the conflict.
Option 2: Uninstall the Matrox Control software.
05 Apr 2017 08:29 AM
RE: Edge blend/blur not working in vs. 8.3?? by akins in Version 8.3
- GoFish solved this problem --- the default shadow is applied to this effect!!
Go to properties/shadow and turn off the shadow. An easy fix which is not
obvious, nor should it be necessary
04 Apr 2017 08:44 AM
RE: Why point to SongShow Folders?? by akins in Version 8.3
- Yes, the older editions of vs. 7 did a very nice job of remembering what folders where
recently accessed for various reasons (song backgrounds, slide videos, etc). Somehow
along about 2011 things changed.
03 Apr 2017 12:18 PM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool
- Hi Josh,
I updated this for you - it should work as before.
03 Apr 2017 12:16 PM
RE: 1080 HD background images by osborn4 in Version 8.3
- https://www.creationswap.com/ is another resource out there, that is some free and some paid, specifically aimed at the church.
03 Apr 2017 12:10 PM
RE: MiXed CaSe by osborn4 in Version 8.2
- I'm WAY too much of a control freak to let SSP mess with the case of my lyrics. Same with the page breaks.
03 Apr 2017 10:03 AM
RE: SSP.EXE by George in Version 8.3
That Windows notification is pretty common for lots of things when errors occur, but we typically ignore them. It is unlikely that MS will provide any solutions specifically for SSP.
That said, there is not enough info provided to make any other suggestions other than contacting the support team. They will look at your system and either resolve the issue for you or gather the needed info and escalate for investigation.
03 Apr 2017 09:53 AM
RE: SongShow Drive by George in Feature Reviews
The way this is designed, SongShow Drive can be used for any of the SSP functions that you select a location for - both saving and acquisition.
Along with the new "Send To" option, this adds additional ease of use for PTG as well.
02 Apr 2017 04:33 PM
Bugs by jarkle in Version 8.2
- Here are some issues I have found in version 8.2 Production Build 10/21/2015. Sorry if they have already been fixed in later version..
1. When mix case option makes a change on a song part that is not the currently selected part the 'Save' and 'Save and Close' options remain greyed out even though a change has been made.
2. Mix Case word entries does not support apostrophes.
3. Mix Case word entries does not support multiple words per line.
4. Unable to play large image slide show (500+ images).
27 Mar 2017 10:21 AM
RE: Direct x 9.0c by akins in Version 8.3
- Sorry to see you go, Greg, but can understand the decision.