20 Sep 2014 09:00 AM
RE: Workflow for using a seperate Workstation / Projection setup by akins in Version 7
- One time, in the distant past, I restored to a machine that had a different file structure and the files were placed where I didn't expect them! Probably just a fluke. Certainly, if your search engine can't find the files, something must be amiss with package-to-go.
19 Sep 2014 01:13 PM
RE: Song - Media Control Window by PastorJ in Version 8.0
- So I've been doing more playing. After seeing the thread about direct x and it having issues I run that install again via microsoft update. I also turn off windows defender and reinstalled 8. And I'm still having the same issues. I'm running on a dual hard drive system. SSP is on an SSD drive and I have 16mb of ram. I wasn't having this problem before....it's just started in the last few weeks. I haven't installed any new software either and have plenty of room on the drives so there are not storage space issues either.
17 Sep 2014 08:47 AM
RE: Video Spanning Across Video Ports by dreece in Version 8.0
My recommendation is to use a single video card for the three outputs if possible, and if that isn't possible, to use two identical video cards, and if that's not possible, to use two video cards of the same brand and which are close to each other in models (i.e., two different but recent NVidia video cards).
Back in the true-Direct 9/Windows XP days, spanning across devices introduced performance problems, among other things. Due to fundamental changes made in Windows Vista, its possible that spanning like this has much better support. I look forward to hearing a report from you.
15 Sep 2014 03:32 PM
New Bible Plug-in: New Living Translation by dreece in Latest News
- This is actually a bit of older news, but I noticed that we hadn't actually announced it. The New Living Translation (NLT) Bible is now available as an additional plug-in for SongShow Plus 8.0. You can license the NLT Bible text by using the menu command Update > Purchase Plug-ins.
14 Sep 2014 01:24 PM
RE: Move Song Database to cloud storage by yehoshua in Version 8.0
- We do that by keeping all of the SSP files/resources in the Google Drive (and formerly DropBox) folder so my workstation stays up-to-date with everything. It's best to pause syncing while the program is running. Otherwise there are odd conflicts.
12 Sep 2014 11:07 AM
New Tower for SSP 8 by wtaylor in Version 8.0
- We are now needing a new computer for SSP 8. Our finances are limited, but we want to go as high in quality as we can for under $800 - $1,000--if possible. We only need the tower as our two monitors are fine. The following was suggested, but it doesn't have a separate video card. Do people on this site have any suggestions to add a card or another model? I find it hard to know what is most important--video card, processor, etc. as we invest our money into this.
Thanks for your help...
edit: I forgot to give the site of the tower model suggested. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-desktop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/3199314.p?id=1219088673230&skuId=3199314&productCategoryId=pcmcat212600050008
11 Sep 2014 03:39 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 09/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News
A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 09/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.
There have been a few corrections in this build.
- Fixed text problems with the NLT Bible content.
- Song text importers now import song parts alphabetically.
Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.
Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus
10 Sep 2014 04:16 PM
RE: Fonts not rendering by George in Version 8.0
Some of these can be addressed by simply setting the treatment that they expect.
Check out KB TS255 for some details.
There are others, like Gulim, that we are not sure why it does not work, so there is no work around at this time.
10 Sep 2014 01:53 PM
RE: Triple-Wide Support Questions by bitbank in Version 8.0
- Thanks for the info Doug!
09 Sep 2014 02:05 PM
Need Advice on Video Card by kladner in Version 8.0
- I hope that I am putting this in the right forum. I need a video card that will produce 4 outputs and perform to an acceptable level. We just installed environmental projectors and the video is now choppy. I currently have a NVIDIA GT 630 and a GT 610. Prior to adding the GT 610 and the extra projectors the video was smooth. The 2 different cards could be the culprit but would like to remove both of these and go with one that will give us the outputs that we need. I have googled this and of course the results are staggering. Hopefully some of you have some experience with some of these cards and can recommend one.
Thanks guys for all the useful info.
08 Sep 2014 09:12 AM
RE: How do i find the "spacing selection panel"? by George in Version 8.0
This actually appears in many different places. In general it is in the Slide Properties settings. More specifically it appears as a tab under every text layout setting.
One example is as follows:
Slide Properties > All Media > Song Text Layout > Lyrics > Spacing
There are actually 3 sub tabs that appear on each text element - Position, Alignment and Spacing.
Hopefully this points you in the right direction. Once you find this if you have any more specific questions let us know.
08 Sep 2014 09:03 AM
RE: BIBLE PLUG IN by George in Version 8.0
- Bible plug-ins are licensed per machine so you have two options:
1) If you want to transfer the bible plug-in from one machine to the other you need to get with the support team to transfer the license.
2) If you want to use the bible on both machines you need to get with the sales team and buy another plug-in license for the second machine.
07 Sep 2014 09:09 AM
RE: SSP Forms Spam by Garry Nolan in The Wave Pool
- I think I found the solution... Below SongShow Plus Community Forums heading, I clicked on "My Topics" and then clicked on each topic to uncheck Check this box to subscribe to this topic.
I think it worked....
07 Sep 2014 08:51 AM
RE: Media Control is blank by ksingletary in Version 8.0
- Updated to the 8/19/14 package and that seems to have fixed the problem. Prior to that I did run the Microsoft install for DirectX End-User Runtime Installer for previous versions of Direct X. By itself that did not help. So I don't know if running the update for the 8/19/14 package would have fixed it on its own, or if it was the combination of the two.
07 Sep 2014 06:48 AM
RE: Alert about DirectX by afbcMike in Version 8.0
- Thanks for the tip George. Disabling my anti-virus during a reinstall fixed it.
05 Sep 2014 02:23 PM
RE: Installed Bible conflicts with scripture slide show display by sara-t in Version 8.0
Well, I didn't think so, Doug. But until it gets cleared up one way or another, I did appreciate George's suggestion. I am learning to use the scripture assistant.
31 Aug 2014 09:21 PM
RE: Song Text by akins in Version 7
Any word from anyone as to whether this is going to be returned and, if so, when?
I'm still using an old version because of this ;-(
31 Aug 2014 08:53 AM
RE: NKJV plugin is installed and enabled, but I can't access it by iamgap in Version 7
If you have the license, and it is installed, you also have to activate the license. You can do this by replicating the annual license renewal the SSP Utilities. Since we have internet access at the projection computer, I just choose the activate via the internet option. If you don't have internet access at the computer, I believe it will be included in the 'B Code' option.
30 Aug 2014 07:46 PM
RE: Any way to force 16:9 when using a 4:3 display by woalcc in Version 7
- Hi, to solve the problem you need to covert your video from 16:9 to 4:3, so you will need a video converter program. I normally use a mac, but in order to convert videos over, i go back and use a pc.
I use a software call avs4you, its a video converter program, its pretty easy to use and its cheap. If you have it, do the following steps and it should work. if you dont have it normally you can get it online for about $60 - but as always go to that website and not a second hand website, and do not add it all of the extras just get the video stuff you may need. i've been using it for about 3 years off and on and had no problems.
1 open the avs video converter
2. drag and drop the video file that you are needing to convert into the open window
3 at the top, make sure you select covert to avi
4 locate the tap "aspect correction" middle more so on the left side and click it
5 under the "input video aspect correction" - change it to 4:3 - you should be able to see a preview of everything you are doing.
6 if that doesn't work select "custom" change it to 5:4 or 6:6 or play around with it to get it to fit
29 Aug 2014 01:54 PM
RE: PowerPoint Locked to Display Screen & Playback Issue. by LamarM in Version 8.0
- same thing happened to me this last Sunday using 8.1, I finally had to remove the powerpoint presentation to get it where I could display anything else.