Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

18 Jan 2017 05:27 PM
PowerPoint slide is presented shifted or off screen (TS296) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
Sometimes when displaying a PowerPoint slide show the slide will display off-center or off screen depending on the display resolution.

Possible Cause:
While the exact root cause in unknown, it is currently happening on Windows 10 Build 1607 with PPT 2016. 

Possible Solution: 
To work around this the user can set the Slide Properties for margins under the External Players media type (PPT is one) to Full Screen with no margins and it will prevent the bad behavior. The user can also convert PPT slides in the Slide Builder or create/duplicate the content in Slide Builder.

(TS296)

17 Jan 2017 08:35 AM
RE: So Many Ways To Set Properties by akins in Version 8.3

WOW! Great answer, George. 1 & 2 are a little "squirrely," in that they are identical for some things, but different for others.
I also had not realized that 5 "outranked" 6, but it makes sense. Thanks for the help.

16 Jan 2017 12:30 PM
RE: Window 10 and PowerPoint Issue by George in Version 8.3

Dia,

The best answer I can give you with the info provided is "It depends..."

It will depend on what OS you are using and which version of PPT (Office) you are using since there are some workarounds for some of the PPT issues.  You can either refer to the many KB articles available on the topic or contact the support team as they will gladly go over your specific issues with you.

I can say that you will avoid ALL of the PPT issues if you either convert them to Slide Builder files or better yet create all your slideshow type content in Slide Builder.  FYI - anyone (your staff and contributors) can load the workstation version of SSP on any machine to create content for you.

If you have other specific questions, the support team will be glad to take your call to address them as well.

15 Jan 2017 09:08 AM
RE: Questions about your position by Yagabu in The Wave Pool

I am the Technical Director for my church, and I basically have the same position as you. However I am able to attend staff meetings when I can. I am a paid staff member but along with the duties you described, I am also on-call for technical issues for all PC's in the church as well as all the equipment.
As for who I report to, it is a complicated setup. We have a Senior Pastor and a Deacon in charge of the Technical Equipment. So I report to both, but the Deacon also reports to me since he is our sound man. I do not get any reviews and pay is based on how the church finances are doing. If we do well, I can propose a raise, but if not, I have to expect a cut.

I would definitely write up a job description and a list of all your responsibilities and have a meeting with the staff/elders and discuss what you want, ie. respect, attend staff meetings, etc....

Greg

12 Jan 2017 06:00 PM
How do Slide Properties within SongShow Plus work? (FAQ038) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

Slide Properties Hierarchy within SongShow Plus

There are several ways to change the look and feel of your content as it is displayed within SongShow Plus.  The primary way is through changes in the Slide Properties.  There are several levels of Slide Properties and it is important to understand the relationship between them.

Slide Properties are arranged in a reverse-hierarchy; in other words, each subsequent property level overrides the former property level from general to specific as you move down the following list:
  • Global Slide Properties
  • Media specific Global Slide Properties
  • Program Slide Properties
  • Song Database Slide Properties
  • Program Item Slide Properties

Global Slide Properties (ALL Media) - These are the most general slide properties.  They apply to All Media types for all programs, objects, and items for which you have not set more specific properties. These settings are applied any time you open SongShow Plus.
There are a few ways that Global Slide Properties can be edited but the primary way is from the main toolbar -- Main Tool Bar > Slide Properties >Display number (if relevant) > All Media.  From here the property groups can be selected to adjust the projected result for All Media.

Global Slide Properties (Media specific) - These are also a general slide properties.  They apply to specific Media types for all programs, objects, and items for which you have not set more specific properties. These settings are applied any time you open SongShow Plus.  The available Media Types are: Songs; Scripture; Images; Videos; Audio Tracks; and External Players.  Each Media Type has a distinct set of properties that can be selected for it.
There are a few ways that Global Slide Properties for Media can be edited but the primary way is from the main toolbar -- Main Tool Bar > Slide Properties >Display number (if relevant) > select Media type.  These are nested under the All Media settings and can be found there as well.  From here the property groups can be selected to adjust the projected result for the selected Media type.  When selected, these will override the All Media settings.

Program Slide Properties are an object inserted into a program and affect all relevant program items below them in the program. These properties are only applied in the program they appear in and can be moved up and down in a program like any other program element. Moving these up and down will change how the items in the program are displayed.
There are a few ways that Program Slide Properties can be added but the primary way is from the Program Panel -- Right-click in the Program Panel >Insert Item > Slide Properties For > Media type. These can be moved by drag-and-drop. When used, these will override the Global Slide properties.

Song Database Slide Properties are a song database specific setting and are saved in the song file. These properties will be applied every time you display the song from the database or add it to a program in SongShow Plus and display the song. This is useful if you have a song that you want displayed in a specific way all the time.
There are a few ways to edit the Song Database Slide Properties but the primary way is from the Song Database Panel -- Select the song > Right-click the song > Edit Song.  From this dialog select the Slide Properties tab. When used, these will override the Global Slide properties and the Program Slide properties.

Program Item Slide Properties apply to an individual item within a Program.  This setting is program and object specific and will be applied every time you open the program in SongShow Plus and display the object where the properties are set.  This is the lowest and most specific Slide Property setting possible and it overrides everything else.
To edit the Program Item Slide Properties -- Select the object in the program > Right-click the object > Slide Properties > select property group.  NOTE: Not all property groups are available for all media types. When used, this will override the Global Slide properties, Program Slide properties, and Song Database Slide Properties.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Keep in mind that when selecting property groups at a lower level, ALL of the settings in that group are over-ridden, not just the ones that are changed.  For example, if the Background property group is selected, ALL of the options under ALL the tabs contained in the Background property group will be affected.  It is important to consider this when making changes and to go through all settings to make sure the desired effect occurs.

For more detailed information on Slide Properties and how to use them, refer to the training videos available on the GoFishMedia Site.

(FAQ038)

12 Jan 2017 04:19 PM
RE: Timer on stage monitor by George in Version 8.3

Dick,

The short answer is Yes - you can.

If you have the Stage Display enabled and present a slide or timer to the main display it will go to the Stage Display as well.
If this does not work on your machine, please contact the support team.

If you are referring to presenting content separately to that display (not mirrored) you can do that to by selecting your target from the Display Selector (right end of the toolbar in the database panel and the program panel).

If you have trouble with any of this the support team can help you.

11 Jan 2017 02:00 PM
Bible Search - Reina-Valera 1960 - Contents not found as expected. (TS295) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When the user is searching scripture using the built in search field for the Reina-Valera 1960 translation, Bible books are not selected as expected.

Possible Cause: 
The user is searching for bible content without using the properly accented text.  A proper search in the translation requires that the user include the properly accented text. (i.e. Isaías 1 12 (with the accented i)

Possible Solution: 
Properly accented text can either be copy/pasted from another source or entered manually using the ALT+number tables to enter accented characters.

Possible Cause: 
The user is searching for bible content in a book with more than one word.  The search was not designed to accommodate this as in English translations books are a single word.

Possible Solution: 
In this case the user can get close with the text search but will have to manually select the book/chapter/verse by clicking with the mouse.

(TS295)

11 Jan 2017 01:45 PM
Video Chain locks up during playback. (TS294) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When using a video chain, SSP stops displaying the chain videos or it locks up.

Possible Cause: 
This is known to occur when the Video Chain is set to loop and the Stage Display is enabled. 

Possible Solution(s): 
Turn off Stage Display
Turn off the loop option in the Video Chain
Create a slideshow with the videos for looping playback.

(TS294)

11 Jan 2017 08:08 AM
RE: New dream laptop by cegarrett in Tips & Tricks

Me Too!

10 Jan 2017 04:54 PM
RE: DAX Error by markrief in Version 8.3

I got back to the computer to follow up on this, and evidently I'm a bigger pack rat than I thought. 
We had 9000 images in 300 folders. I moved the photo archive outside of the SSP folder structure, greatly reducing this number, and everything worked fine.
So by adding 3 videos and 5 images last week, I found the straw that broke the camel's back.

Thanks again for the help here!
Mark

09 Jan 2017 08:42 AM
RE: Video File Formats by osborn4 in Version 8.2

The safest way is to purchase the H.264 add on. Well worth it, in my experience.

I tried using alternative (free) H.264 codecs and ended up in a real mess.

With the purchased add on, it just works.

23 Dec 2016 08:06 AM
Linux and Mac support via Codeweavers? by unixabg in The Wave Pool

Greetings,

I am new to the forums and hope this is an appropriate place to ask about the possiblity of getting Linux and Mac support (for me content create only) for SongShow Plus via Codeweavers Crossover product https://www.codeweavers.com/ .  If this could be accomplished then this would bring extra operating systems in to the available options people like me have in their home.  I have noticed this has been examined before here http://www.ssplash.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/tabid/313/aff/19/aft/15190/afv/topic/afpgj/1/Default.aspx#15190  and I would like to resurrect dialog.

On a Linux note if in fact SSP could be made run under Codeweavers Crossover this would put to rest the picking of a specific distribution dialog, since if you can run Codeweavers Crossover then you could run SSP (again if it could be made to work). So below is some additional information that may assist in the dialog:

Codeweavers does do porting  and I believe you can sign up for your eval here https://www.codeweavers.com/porting/  and from there packages page https://www.codeweavers.com/porting/packages there is a basic package. I think it would be most constructive for the SSP developers to communicate with Codeweavers since they will have the technical knowledge of things unknown to community members.

SSP is listed at Codeweavers https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/songshow-plus

I did just a bit  of testing with a VirtualBox VM of Ubuntu + Codeweavers Crossover and tested with the latest version of SSP.  It does install and with some configuration some of the utilities will run but SSP will not register.

Anyhow I hope this was the correct place to start dialog with the SSP developers and community discuss such things. And please no flame wars, I am just a person trying to help everyone on Linux and Mac.

23 Dec 2016 07:38 AM
RE: Some forums locked? by wbub in The Wave Pool

Thanks, that did it. I searched the forums, but I should have searched the KB. This doesn't matter to me, but why was the Vista forum locked?

19 Dec 2016 05:24 AM
RE: Powerpoint importer on Workstation License greyed out by George in Version 8.3

Randy,

You need to make sure that you are selecting the folder and not the section header.  When you are viewing the Slide Show tab, select the Slide Show Files folder to get the options to appear.

17 Dec 2016 06:49 AM
RE: bullet size by akins in Version 8.3

I don't get it (obviously). If I pick a font size, then the bullet attached is of that size. But if I select
a batch of text which has bullets (animated text), all the bullets are correct except the last one. In order
to get it correct, I have to do things like add blanks or lines at the end of the text block. Sometimes the
same is true at the beginning of the animated text block, but never in the middle. It seems like there
is some unspecified font with a size of 8 embedded at the beginning and the end of text blocks. Very confusing.

02 Dec 2016 01:46 PM
Version 8.4 Preview Release by George in Latest News

The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 11/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new Mobile Control App for Android!

Details can be found in the Version 8.4 subscriber forum.

21 Nov 2016 09:00 AM
RE: wire-less TV stage monitor by akins in Version 8.3

George,
White-on-black would be OK. Presently our stage monitors are on an A/B switch so that they can be stage monitors or show the projection view. That's what I really would like with a "wirelessly-connected" TV.

14 Nov 2016 03:01 PM
Version 8.3 Production Release - 11/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 11/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Updates in this build of Version 8.3 are: 
  • Fixed problem with activation when using Windows 7.

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Improved Signage control
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available for sale

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

SongShow Plus 8.3 - PRODUCTION BUILD - 11/11/2016 by George in Version 8.3

The PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus version 8.3 dated 11/11/2016 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download. 

As a production release if you have any issues, please contact the support team for assistance.  You can also discuss issues in this forum but this may delay assistance.

New features of Version 8.3 are: 
  • SongShow Synchronization Service - The SongShow Sync service provides a way for you to synchronize media files, songs, programs and slideshows between one or more machines. The machines can be located anywhere that is accessible via the Internet.

• Improved SongShow Signage control - The scheduling for Signage is more streamlined and flexible allowing more options with less work.

• Slide Scheduling - It is now possible to set slide show slide visibility based on a date range and/or day of the week.  This  feature will be useful for those that have complex announcement slide shows.
    NOTE: This is not yet implemented for SongShow Signage use.

• Song Database Importer - This tool will allow the user to import one or more song files from database to another for supported databases.  This will be a time saver when setting up the songs for use with Synchronization. 

Look for additional details on these features to follow in the blog.

Thank You for your interest in SongShow Plus

10 Nov 2016 09:55 AM
RE: tab bug?? by George in Version 8.2

Excellent - Thanks!

Minimize

SSP News

02 Dec 2016 01:46 PM
Version 8.4 Preview Release by George in Latest News

The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 11/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new Mobile Control App for Android!

Details can be found in the Version 8.4 subscriber forum.

Version 8.3 Production Release - 11/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 11/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

26 Sep 2016 02:20 PM
Version 8.3 Production Release - 09/21/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 09/21/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Fixed problem with missing quotes in ESV text.
  • Fixed problem when stage monitor is enabled but the target display is not enabled.
  • Fixed problem where synchronized web folders are not included in backup/restore.

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

26 Sep 2016 12:12 PM
Windows 10 Users - Known issue with PPT and Windows 10 version 1607 by George in Latest News

We have confirmed an issue with SongShow Plus, PowerPoint and the latest major update of Windows 10.

The latest major update to Windows 10 is release 1607, AKA the Anniversary Update. (FAQ037)

If this update has NOT been applied to your system, you should defer this update if possible.

If this update has been applied to your system, you will encounter issues using PowerPoint files in SongShow Plus.

The 2 known solutions at this time are:
  • Roll back the Windows 10 1607 update to the previous version, 1511.
  • Disable the High End Graphics support in SongShow Plus. (TS292)
We will continue to update as we learn more about this issue.

01 Sep 2016 04:35 PM
Version 8.3 Production Release - 08/30/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 08/30/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Fixed problem that prevented the selection of images or videos when using slide assistants from within Slide Builder.
  • Fixed typos in scripture text.
  • Fixed problem that prevented use of RSV-only license.
  • Various other fixes

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?