24 Sep 2016 03:58 PM
RE: Planning Center Import Issues by wcworship in Version 8.0
- to confirm, I did create an order in my iPad app for Planning Center, and SongShow would not import it. I believe the same happens when I use my phone. Again, the only time we have issues importing from Planning Center is if our "computer clock" is off time or if we happen to use a mobile device to adjust/create an order in Planning Center (via their app). I do understand this isn't your issue, however, I just wanted to confirm that SongShow doesn't like something about the Planning Center order when it has been adjusted or created via their mobile app.
Thanks guys, again, just wanted to up you.
21 Sep 2016 10:06 AM
RE: PowerPoint file save occurs when closing SongShow Plus (TS232) by George in Troubleshooting
If the recommended settings are used in PowerPoint (KB TS293), this should not longer occur.
If this behavior persists, contact support.
21 Sep 2016 09:45 AM
PowerPoint settings for SongShow Plus (TS293) by George in Troubleshooting
- Microsoft PowerPoint can be used to display slide shows within SongShow Plus. In order for this to work as smoothly as possible, the follow PowerPoint settings are recommended:
PowerPoint 2013 and 2016
- Under the Slide Show monitor settings:
- Open PowerPoint and open any slide show.
- From the main ribbon select the Slide Show tab.
- In the section called Monitors, confirm the following:
- The Monitor selection is set to Automatic.
- The "Use Presenter View" option is un-checked.
Additional modifications may be recommended separately if needed in certain circumstances. Refer to individual KB articles for these situational settings.
Earlier versions of PowerPoint
- There may be specific settings used in certain circumstances. Refer to individual KB articles for these situational settings.
20 Sep 2016 03:32 PM
Turning off High End Graphics in SongShow Plus (TS292) by George in Troubleshooting
From time to time an issue that is discovered in SongShow Plus is related to the use of DirectX. This can be almost anything using hardware acceleration such as videos, effects, animations and even the use of PowerPoint.
The use of DirectX features is causing a problem in SongShow Plus.
Possible Temporary Solution or Troubleshooting:
Disable the high end graphics (HEG) (AKA - Full Graphics Mode) on all enabled displays. This can be disabled through the Tools menu or the Graphics tab in the Utilities Display Settings panel in SSP 7 or in the Display settings in SSP 8 following the steps below:
- Close SongShow Plus.
- From the Programs menu open Programs > SongShow Plus > Utilities.
- Once the Utilities panel opens select Display Settings.
- Click in the Graphics tab.
- Uncheck the “Enable full graphics mode…” check box.
- Save and close the Utilities panel.
- Open SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar select Settings >Display...
- For each enabled Display Window do the following:
- Select the Display Window tab.
- Scroll down to the "Use GPU" section.
- Select "No" to disable the setting.
- Repeat with other enabled displays.
- Click OK to save and close.
- Restart SongShow Plus.
After you re-open SongShow Plus, see if it works as expected. If there is a confirmed issue, please report this to the Support Team.
NOTE: This will disable the use of DirectX for SongShow Plus and may affect the performance of SSP and the availability of certain effects. This may be acceptable if this particular system is to be used as a Workstation only.
19 Sep 2016 03:13 PM
PowerPoint and the Stage Display (TS291) by George in Troubleshooting
The SongShow Plus Stage Display does not show any content when displaying a PowerPoint slide show.
It is currently unknown what is causing this but it seems to only occur with PPT 2016 in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
At this time there is no viable work-around within PowerPoint. The user can convert PPT slides in the Slide Builder or create/duplicate the content in Slide Builder.
09 Sep 2016 01:59 PM
RE: Slide Scheduling by George in Feature Reviews
- Christopher - thanks for your feedback.
At this time, the granularity of the Slide Scheduling is to a date or day of the week rather than specific times. Because the state is only checked and set at run-time, changes that take place after the slideshow is running are ignored.
This is a first step into this feature. If it proves to be popular, there may be additional enhancements down the road.
07 Sep 2016 02:36 PM
Package To Go does allow destination selection (TS290) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to complete a PTG the process, the user is not able to select the destination - process hangs at that step.
There are incorrect or corrupted files in the Program.
Remove suspect files from program. Attempt PTG of different program for comparison. Remove program items one at a time to isolate bad file(s).
07 Sep 2016 12:20 PM
RE: Acer Predator 21 X by osborn4 in The Wave Pool
- And then a Ford F-150 to lug it around in. 8-)
07 Sep 2016 11:58 AM
SSP/SSB not responding or hangs while accessing or saving files (TS289) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to access, Save or Save As a file in either SongShow Plus or Slide Builder, the application either shows Not Responding, goes to a white screen, has a long hourglass (wait time exceeding 10 miin) or crashes altogether.
There are incorrect or corrupted files in the data files path. These may exist in the root folder or other specific folder that the user is trying to access.
Isolate and delete corrupt or suspect files.
NOTE: if you are not comfortable with these steps, contact your IT specialist or our support team for assistance.
If you suspect there are corrupt or incorrect files you can try the following:
- Use File Explorer to open the SSP data files.
- Search the root and other folders for files that are fragments (no extension) - Isolate any files found by removing them from the SSP data tree.
- Search the root and other folders for files that do not belong (i.e. image files in the video folder) - Isolate any files found by removing them from the SSP data tree.
- Isolate all files by moving them to an alternate folder so there is a clean root folder.
If these steps do not identify a problem file, please contact the support team for further analysis.
06 Sep 2016 03:17 PM
Message "There are no song databases presently active" (TS288) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to import or save edits to songs the user get a message indicating "There are no song databases presently active". This may also be seen in the loss of the Database Utilities menu.
The current user does not have sufficient rights to access the database for write functions.
Adjust permission for the current user to allow write access. This should be performed by your local system administrator to prevent damage to existing security settings.
Note: Incorrect user rights can affect other areas of SongShow Plus so if this occurs there may be other areas to check. In general, the user should have read and write access to the entire SongShow Plus data tree. The location of this may vary depending on what was selected during installation.
01 Sep 2016 04:35 PM
Version 8.3 Production Release - 08/30/2016 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 08/30/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription.
Updates in this build of Version 8.3 are:
- Fixed problem that prevented the selection of images or videos when using slide assistants from within Slide Builder.
- Fixed typos in scripture text.
- Fixed problem that prevented use of RSV-only license.
- Various other fixes
Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
- Synchronization Service
- Slide Scheduling
- Song Database Importer
- Amplified Bible scripture text available for sale
Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.
28 Aug 2016 12:15 PM
RE: Display properities in the program panel by akins in Version 8.2
- I'm using 8.2 and haven't seen any problem with the backgrounds. I inert two different song display properties
(two songs each), then scripture display properties, finally another song property. Other than the edit "display properties"
(which doesn't do anything) at the end of the pull-down list, it has worked OK. It is, however, another of many examples
of redundant menus -- you click to edit song properties and you get a menu to select what you want to edit (songs, scripture,
etc.) and then takes you to another screen where you can select all types of options for songs and other items. Oh well,
everything is just a click, click, click, .... away
24 Aug 2016 11:42 AM
Missing close and other icons from SSP windows - (TS287) by George in Troubleshooting
When launching SongShow Plus there are no Minimize, Maximize or Close icons in the upper right corner. Additional pop ups may occur during launch as well. This can also affect other areas like the Slide Properties and Create Song windows.
Either manually or systemically, SongShow Plus has been set to run in a Compatibility Mode. This is not necessary and can cause bad behavior.
Windows 10 - From the Start menu, select the SongShow Plus group and right click on SongShow Plus. From there, select More > Open file location. In this window right click the shortcut and select Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab and deselect all settings that may be checked in this area. None should be required to run SongShow Plus.
NOTE: A similar path can be followed for other operating systems to turn off the Compatibility Mode. This can also be done from a desktop shortcut if you have created one already.
17 Aug 2016 11:41 AM
SongShow Plus 8.2 Update link fails (TS286) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to get the latest update of SongShow Plus through the version 8.2 or earlier Updater, the resulting hyperlink for the update fails to download the file.
A permissions issue is preventing the link from working as expected in version 8.2 - this has been corrected in version 8.3.
Right-click on the link in the updater page and select "open in a new window" to allow the download. Alternatively, users can go directly to the download page to get the latest build of SongShow Plus
16 Aug 2016 10:40 AM
RE: Images won't display by George in Version 8.2
First let's get a few assumptions out of the way...
I assume that these files all worked in the prior OS - correct? BTW - what did you upgrade from?
I assume that the files are able to be displayed in the Win10 image tools (preview or paint) - is that correct?
I assume you have tried image files from other sources to confirm if it is all files or just select files - correct?
I assume you have tried un-edited and other image file types as well - what was the result here?
If all of these assumptions are true, the first thing I would try is go to the Settings > Audio and Video File settings and make sure the default setting is set to A for both.
If this is already set to A, you could change the settings to B to see if that changes the behavior.
If this does not change anything you should contact the support team for further exploration.
09 Aug 2016 04:10 PM
RE: Song and Slide Alignment by iamgap in Version 8.0
The only way I know of that this could happen is if you had a "Slide Properties for All Media" (There also properties for each media type) and edited that. When you get back to the computer, move the edited song to the end of the list of items in the program to see if that changes all the items before it. If moving the one item to the end changes all the other songs back to normal, then you have a "Slide Properties for All Media" (or other media types.
04 Aug 2016 01:35 PM
Training for Sync Feature by wcworship in Version 8.0
- I'm not sure if I'm missing some info somewhere or not, but I sure would like some information on exactly how to use the new Sync Feature: How to select what is sync'd... etc.... A video would be nice.
03 Aug 2016 12:34 PM
RE: tab bug?? by George in Version 8.2
Posted By Dick Akins on 02 Aug 2016 10:11 AM
Is there some way to replace the Ariial font as the default?
Yes - Certainly....
If you set your theme and/or global properties for each element ahead of time you can set the default font to anything you want...
Keep in mind that there are different settings for many different text boxes. For example when dealing with Scripture text there are both the content and reference tabs that can each have a different font set. This applies to Songs and Slide text as well.
01 Aug 2016 09:54 AM
RE: JPGs Not Filling Screen by George in Version 8.2
- Robert - Thanks for the participation in the forums.
Just to clarify, This would be the solution if the reason the images did not fill the screen as intended was due to the margin setting (which it might be) but also if the image size does not match the screen output it may require additional adjustments.
In this case the user would want to look at the Images > Image Effects and Layout section of the Slide Properties and make sure that the Size setting is set to the desired setting. The best way to ensure the screen is filled without changing the aspect of the original is to select "Enlarge/Reduce, crop if necessary" This will maintain aspect and fill the screen, but you may lose a little of the image if cropping is needed. Users can try the other options if they do not want to crop.
28 Jul 2016 06:58 PM
SongShow Plus 8.3, 7/28/2016 Update by dreece in Latest News
- An update to version 8.3 has been posted. This update helps to better handle certain machine activation scenarios. If you are upgrading to Windows 10, I recommend that you install this update before (re)activating SongShow Plus.