Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

20 Dec 2014 09:51 PM
RE: convert SSP slide Shows Back to Power Point by dreece in Version 8.0

There is no conversion tool to go from the SongShow format to PowerPoint, but you can export a slide show as slide images, and one option will also build an HTML wrapper for the images. In Slide Builder, use the menu command File > Export.

20 Dec 2014 03:37 PM
RE: Recommended Video File Conversion Program by timrivett in Version 8.0

I use the Real player tools to do the conversions, doesn't do everything but its dealt with nearly everything anyone has turned up with at the last minute.
I use this to download from YouTube which puts into an MP4 format and then convert to WMV.

12 Dec 2014 02:22 PM
Thumbnails are not being displayed in the Media Control panel. (TS272) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
While using SongShow Plus and displaying content the expected thumbnails are not showing up in the Media Control panel.  The content does show up in the Display Monitor and the Presentation screen as expected.

Possible Cause:
If the selection for Display 1 has been unchecked (or any display) the Media Control thumbnails will not show up for that display.  This is especially problematic if the user is only using a single projection out (Display 1) since that prevents the menu options from showing up.

Possible Solution:
The user can temporarily enable another display output and then check and correct the Media Control Panel display settings to restore the thumbnails for Display 1.

Steps:
1. From the main toolbar select Settings > Display.
2. From here select Display Window 2 and enable it.
3. Select OK then restart SongShow Plus.
You will now have 2 displays enabled.
4. In the Media Control Panel click on the Settings icon (small gear in the upper right corner), select the top menu and click on Display 1 to enable it.
5. From the main toolbar select Settings > Display.
6. From here select Display Window 2 and disable it.
7. Select OK then restart SongShow Plus.
You will now have 1 display enabled and you should see the thumbnails for displayed content.

If this does not resolve your issue, contact the support team for further assistance. 

(TS272)

12 Dec 2014 01:19 PM
Songshow plus not completely initialized by gatewaycrc in Version 8.0

Today I was setting up a program and attempted to add an audio file to a slide.  I added the audio and hit save and than when I clicked on the slide the audio did not play.  I went to edit the slide to see what was going on and this came up: Songshow plus not completely initialized.  Please run songshow before using slide builder.  I restarted the computer and tried again but the same thing came up.  I did a search here and read that when it happened to someone previously that the recommendation was to delete Songshow and install it again.  Instead I installed version 8.1 and tried using that.  It started fine but it showed that there were no programs to open.  I went to my file folders in my library in my computer folder  and found the program that I needed which was still there and tried opening it that way.  When I went back to version 8 of songshow and went to open program it showed the same program title twice - one which I could not open and one which I was able to open and showed all the work I had already done and saved.  I added the audio file a different way and this time it worked.

Not sure if this is a glitch or if I am just the unlucky one to have something go wrong.  If I open the programs from the computer folder and than open songshow the program shows up otherwise it does not show any of the programs that have been set up over the years.

10 Dec 2014 01:37 PM
Online Bible Scripture - Scripture panel blanks when adding verse to the program (TS271) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
While using the Online Bible content in the Scripture Panel, the content of the Scripture Panel will disappear when selecting and adding a verse to the program by clicking the + button.

Possible Cause:
The exact cause is unknown but it only affects the Online Bible content and not the bibles provided with/for SongShow Plus.

Possible Solution:
At this time there is no specific work around to prevent this from occurring however the selected verse is added to the program.  To recover the content in the Scripture Panel the user can change bibles and then returned to the desired bible.  This will reset the panel.  the user can also select another media tab and return to the Scripture Panel.
This also has no affect on the Program Panel or the presentation of the selected scripture from the Online Bible source. 

(TS271)

10 Dec 2014 12:47 PM
Online Bible Scripture text overlaps in the scripture preview panel (TS270) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When accessing and browsing the Online Bible content in the Scripture Panel, when selecting subsequent verses for viewing in the preview panel at the bottom of the Scripture Panel the text of each selection overlaps the previous one.

Possible Cause:
The exact cause is unknown but it only affects the Online Bible content and not the bibles provided with/for SongShow Plus.

Possible Solution:
At this time there is no specific work around to prevent this from occurring however if the user presents a verse or changes the bible book selection then it will clear the preview panel.  This also has no affect on the Program Panel or the presentation of the selected scripture from the Online Bible source. 

(TS270)

08 Dec 2014 02:03 PM
RE: What Bible versions are included with SongShow Plus? (FAQ016) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

UPDATE: To use any of these Bible plug-ins with SongShow Plus Version 8.x and newer, you must have SongShow Plus 7 installed on the same system.  Licencing is not required but the components used are in the SSP 7 Installation.   Since these are legacy deprecated programs the components are not included in newer versions of SongShow Plus.

Main body of the article updated with this information.

08 Dec 2014 12:51 PM
Updating or installing SongShow Plus is unsuccessful - Error "Object already exists" (TS269) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When installing or updating SongShow Plus the process is unsuccessful and the user receives an error "Object already exists" during the attempt.

Possible Cause:
The specific cause of this is UNKNOWN but we did find that customers had previous versions of the C++ redist files that would not properly uninstall.  The source of this installation is unknown.  Previous installations of SongShow Plus that were successful before were not when we tried them again after this error occurred during the update in question.   
Speculation is that sometime after the previously successful installation of SongShow Plus the customer either installed or updated other software that corrupted the C++ support files and that is causing the SongShow Plus installation/update to fail.

Possible Solution:
There is no specific workaround known at this time.  The only successful recovery from this was accomplished with an Operating System re-installation. 

(TS269)

05 Dec 2014 03:41 PM
SongShow Plus hangs or locks up during shutdown (TS268) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When closing SongShow Plus, either via the File > Exit command or by clicking the red X close button, the application does not successfully shutdown.

Possible Cause:
One possible cause is the use of the SSP Presenter Mobile Control app.  It is not entirely clear which commands are causing this but it has been observed as a contributing factor.

Possible Solution:
There is no specific workaround known at this time however since SSP is closing there is no impact to its function.  The user may have to close SongShow Plus using the Task Manager to stop the process.

NOTE: An improper shutdown will prevent the saving of many settings or configurations that are saved at shutdown.  If this occurs, launch SongShow Plus, reset the desired settings/configuration and them properly close SongShow Plus.  This will save all such settings. 

Possible Cause:
One possible cause is the use of the DeckLink plug-in.  It appears that while the exact cause in not know yet, it is related to the disconnect routine.  This does not happen 100% of the time so it may not be identified right away.  This may happen on the ProKey systems that are equipped with the BlackMagic card.

Possible Solution:
There is no specific workaround known at this time however since SSP is closing there is no impact to its function.  The user may have to close SongShow Plus using the Task Manager to stop the process. In testing the percentage of shutdowns that hung was reduced slightly when the users was manually connecting and disconnecting the DeckLink connection but this will not prevent the hang during the disconnect process.

NOTE: An improper shutdown will prevent the saving of many settings or configurations that are saved at shutdown.  If this occurs, launch SongShow Plus, reset the desired settings/configuration and them properly close SongShow Plus.  This will save all such settings.

(TS268)

04 Dec 2014 07:23 PM
RE: verse order for song slides? by tim@timbrendle.com in Version 7

Dick, if you simply want the selected verse order to show up in the program window to the right of the song title after you add a song to a program, use the menu bar and click on program/show/verse order to turn the feature on. I looked and looked for it before I found it. Blessings, Tim

01 Dec 2014 11:48 AM
RE: "Christmas Ornaments" by George in Version 7

It is still available through the current release and is included with the Christmas Goodies package.  If you have a Pro license you should have this.
Check your installation then contact support if you don't find it.

01 Dec 2014 11:46 AM
RE: videos have lost there sound! by George in Version 7

Dick,

It is interesting that there was no change in behavior but not completely unexpected.  It sounds like the videos may have been encoded in a non-standard way with respect to the audio portion.  I have seen this before.  Also the delay makes sense since SSP is probably trying to figure out how to play the audio, fails, then plays the video without audio.  This may account for the delay.
As previously mentioned the only way to know for sure is for you to contact the support team, have them take a look and gather the files you are having issues with.  If there are standard types like WMV failing for any reason we want to investigate that.

12 Nov 2014 05:33 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 11/11/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 11/11/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections in this build.

• Added a process to copy settings from 8.0 the first time version 8.1 is run on a system. (Only compatible settings are preserved, however.)
  • Fixed various problems related to integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
  • Fixed problem where certain settings were not correctly recognized by the slide assistants.
  • Added code to help ensure that the main windows for both SongShow Plus and Slide Builder are placed on a visible display even if they were previously on a different display which is no longer visible.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Additional details may be found in the
 Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

10 Nov 2014 03:38 PM
RE: Italicized text & Align Right causes last letter to be cut off by iamgap in Version 8.0

I have experienced something similar to this with bulleted items for quite some time, no matter what FONT is used. I only use 0.1 tab size to avoid most of this, but I will still get it on occasion. I hope this fix will also fix our issue.

06 Nov 2014 11:42 AM
RE: Alongside Version 7 by George in Version 8.0

Jon,

The only reason to keep Version 7 would be to support legacy apps such as Online Bible.  If you do not use these then you will be fine uninstalling Version 7.  Also keep in mind that the un-installation of any version on SongShow Plus does not remove any data files.

As far as which one - the one listed as just SongShow Plus is Version 7.

Given your installation date for 8.0 (7/25) I would recommend updating to the current release - 8.1.

Also if you have question about anything the support team can help you with this.  Give them a call.

02 Nov 2014 01:38 PM
Second Display screen failure by mattp4989 in Windows 8

Afternoon everyone, 

At my church we are running songshow plus 7 september 2009 edition. We are using a second screen for the slideshow. Monitor 1 is the slide display and monitor 2 is our desktop. For some reason our slides are now displaying on monitor 2 and loading on monitor 1. I have checked all the settings for the computer to make sure they are set correctly. I went to the display tab > change monitor options but it won't load.  Any thoughts or ideas of what it could be ? any help would be greatly appreciated. 

29 Oct 2014 06:02 PM
RE: Mirrored Content to the Stage Display by kladner in Feature Reviews

Can you post the instructions for this? I can't seem to find it in any of the settings.
Thanks

25 Oct 2014 08:57 AM
RE: Tranparency by akins in Version 8.0

If I put a square image (for example) as the background of a 3:4 slide, if will be stretched; if I put the same image as an insert (overlay), it will not be stretched. Also, I use an old version of PhotoShop (Elements 2.0) for creating PNG's and it retains the original size -- i.e., doesn't crop.

25 Oct 2014 08:11 AM
RE: Setting Slides to 16:9 ratio for Program Display by iamgap in Version 8.0

Thanks George!!!

I am not sure why I couldn't find that last week, but this will definitely help in the future.

In relation to this topic, I guess I was confused by the word slides, and thought the topic was SSB. As far as embedded display, that would be the only logical place to change the 'practice' display that shows up in the SSP control screen.

24 Oct 2014 07:02 AM
RE: Global Slide Properties by wkdreskin in Version 8.0

Yep. "Themes" are really important to know about. In fact, I'd recommend you produce one of those "tips" videos on it. The adjustments are familiar from previous versions of SSP but until I spoke with customer support, it simply never occurred to me to even click on it and see what it does.

As always, thanks for your help, George!

Billy

Minimize

SSP News

12 Nov 2014 05:33 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 11/11/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 11/11/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Added a process to copy settings from 8.0 the first time version 8.1 is run on a system. (Only compatible settings are preserved, however.)
  • Fixed various problems related to integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
  • Fixed problem where certain settings were not correctly recognized by the slide assistants.
  • Added code to help ensure that the main windows for both SongShow Plus and Slide Builder are placed on a visible display even if they were previously on a different display which is no longer visible.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Additional details may be found in the
 Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

22 Oct 2014 01:19 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/21/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/21/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There was one important correction in this build.

Songshow Plus 8.1 was updated to accommodate breaking changes made by SongSelect and Planning Center Online.
These breaking changes made by these vendors prevented users from authenticating and setting up accounts for use with these online services.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

14 Oct 2014 03:27 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/07/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/07/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with incorrect installation date shown for Chromex in the updater.
  • Fixed new problem that locked up the UI when the video playback settings windows was used for a DVD.
  • Fixed installation so that it uses an alternate data path set in 8.0.
  • Fixed problem with activation related to subscription expirations prior to 5/2014.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

01 Oct 2014 10:47 AM
Version 8.1 Production Release by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.1 is officially available today as a production release. The primary enhancements to 8.1 include:
  • Customizable stage display
  • Mirrored content for videos, PowerPoint, and web pages to the stage display
  • Environmental projection output
  • Display masks
  • Color bars and grids to help with projector alignment and adjustment
  • Quick background adjustment control
  • Auto triple wide option for background content
This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of 5/2014.

Download

29 Sep 2014 01:37 PM
Version 8.1 Candidate Release - 09/23/2014 by George in Latest News

The Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 09/23/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

As a reminder the new features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?