Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

24 Jul 2014 08:10 AM
RE: migrating songs to a new computer by mike in Version 7

I will be migrating in the next several weeks.. I plan to do the backup and restore as described for my song DB; but I am concerned about the Display Settings that I keep.

In the Songs DB, I have each song configured with display setting (e.g., an appropriate background, text colors that match). On the new machine, my media files will not have the same path (i.e., they won't be on the C drive). As I recall, when installing SSP, it does give me the option to choose where I want to store SSP data; I am hoping that, if I keep the relative file paths the same (from that point down) All of the reference media will be found when I spin up the new system.

Any suggestions to insure that this (or something like this) works?

24 Jul 2014 07:35 AM
RE: Using dual displays by mike in Version 8.0

What I would do is configure the back wall display as a stage monitor that displays basic, 2 color songs.

I would then add the song that you want to display (to the choir) to the program, set the background to the video you want to display, but also set the font fill to the video (I don't recall the exact settings, but tweak it a little and you will get it, 'transparent' song text may also work). On the front the text will be there, but completely invisible, all you will see is video; on the back, you will have the song in basic text (e.g., white on black) for the choir.

BTW. I have a cheap A/B video switch for the back display (my stage monitor).    I use that so that I can either show the pastor/worship team, exactly what is on the front or the basic B&W for music.   Since it is only for the worship team and pastor, I am not concerned with smooth or faded transitions (it takes a second and is ugly).  I would not use it on the front.  I haven't played with SSP v8.1 yet, I am hopeful that it might eliminate the need for that switch.

24 Jul 2014 07:21 AM
Any tips for Solid State Drives (SSDs) configurations by mike in Windows 8

We are in the process of setting up a new projection PC; I ordered one with a Solid State Drive (SSD) for the boot drive and a Raid Mirrored Pair of HDDs for, basically,  everything else (i.e., media, databases, etc.)

There is a lot of information around the internet for general SDD optimization (e.g., disabling prefetch and superfetch).

But I was wondering what advice people here might have for setting up a projection PC for optimal performance using an SDD

For example, the SDD I ordered is pretty large (512GB), I hope to install SSP (also pretty large) on it, but programs that I use less often, and don't need the SDD performance boost (e.g., software to convert video), I plan to install on the HDD.   I haven't looked at MS Office configuration options yet, ideally, I'd like PowerPoint on the SDD and everything else on the HDDs -- I don't know if that is possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

22 Jul 2014 04:54 PM
RE: Song Import Not Working by agedmediafreak in Version 8.0

I did work on this with Support and it was finally determined to be the inclusion of the song part 'Title' in the user defined song parts. With version 8 this song part is added to the import dialog window automatically and thus the user-defined item creates a duplicate. This can be removed by editing the song parts under preferences. The tech support person thought this might be bug that will be changed. Thanks for your input.

22 Jul 2014 03:29 PM
RE: Scripture Preview by George in Version 8.0

That is interesting...

What version of OLB do you have installed? 

22 Jul 2014 03:18 PM
RE: Legacy Song Databases by PastorTim in Version 8.0

Thanks George, that was my first instinct but I couldn't find how to run a backup.

So the good news is that in SSP 8 the songs list was unpopulated. I have both hard drives connected and, as I said, SSP 7 on the secondary. In SSP 8 when I selected Songs and clicked on a letter to display songs, it came up and said something about rebuilding the database and all of our songs were there! Some of our special graphics came over when I selected an existing project. The only thing that is missing so far is slide backgrounds. I'm working on getting them ported over now.

"Slight" delay as Windows 7 had 36 updates to install before it would shut down. Taking a long time to get them done.

I'll update everyone when I get everything updated in case someone else has a similar question in the future.

22 Jul 2014 12:03 PM
RE: Fonts not rendering by George in Version 8.0

Thanks Dave,

Can you give me a list of the fonts that you observed this bad behavior on and the style that had to be applied please?

I checked the one you specifically mentioned (Braddon) via download since it is not a "standard" font. 

I found that the one I downloaded called "Braddon Regular" (from fontpalace) worked as expected.  I also found that I was able to successfully apply bout the Bold and Italic treatment and it worked as expected.

Where did you get your font from and is it specifically labeled bold or italic?  I did a search and did not come across a True Type version of Braddon that was not "Regular".

Please elaborate and send me the others that you have found this behavior on.

22 Jul 2014 11:32 AM
RE: Adding Service Section or Service Item by George in Version 8.0

RE: Service Elements/Items

There are some changes in SongShow Plus 8 regarding these items.

I am verifying a few things and will get back to you on these changes.

21 Jul 2014 09:10 PM
RE: Triple-Wide Support Questions by dreece in Version 8.0

Karl,

I'd like to answer these questions. Before I do, however, I need clarification on something. When you say "triple head video card", do you actually mean a video card that has three output ports (three heads), or are you referring to the Matrox TripleHead2Go card which connects to a single output port of a video card and makes it look like a triple wide display and which, itself, has three output ports. You probably mean the former, but if you are actually referring to the TripleHead2Go, then I need to know that because it affects the answers.

21 Jul 2014 06:53 PM
RE: Transferring Purchased Bible Translations from v7 to v8 by dreece in Version 8.0

When you license the new machine for version 8, the licenses for the Bible plug-ins will be included.

21 Jul 2014 10:13 AM
RE: How do I remove a SongShow Plus License From a Machine? (FAQ009) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

UPDATE:

The links to this tool have been removed.

If you need to remove a Version 7 License, please contact the support team.

19 Jul 2014 05:58 PM
RE: New SSP8 System by osborn4 in The Wave Pool

I've only had trouble with 2 of the 2 Dells I've run SSP on. But that was years and years ago.

19 Jul 2014 05:54 PM
RE: Inspector panels disappearing by osborn4 in Version 8.0

The latest release has fixed his.

Now if they could just get it to remember the last image file I used when setting backgrounds or inserting graphics into a slide show.

19 Jul 2014 02:13 PM
Video -- marking end point by wbub in Version 7

This is the second time I'm noticing this, and it is annoying. When I am marking an "out" point for a video, I can step the video frame by frame. I get to the exact spot I want, a cut between scenes, and "Mark Out." I then play the video, and it cuts off about a half to one second early, cutting off mid-word. Does this depend on the encoding? These are .wmv files. Does it only cut at a "key frame" or something? If there are spots where it cannot "mark out," then it shouldn't let me step to those frames and mark there.

17 Jul 2014 04:02 PM
RE: Planning Center Online Import by akimball in Feature Reviews

This is a great feature! Will there be any other implementations for competitors of PCO like WorshipPlanning.com?

14 Jul 2014 08:51 PM
RE: Reload Song or Slide Show by edjohnny in Version 8.0

for you media controlreferences - Song Media Control - Layout - Select "Single Row".  This will give you the horizontal display of slides...

10 Jul 2014 10:12 AM
Version 8.1 Preview Release - 07/03/2014 by George in Latest News

A new Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 07/03/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

New features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum.

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

07 Jul 2014 01:22 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 07/02/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 07/02/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections and changes to this build.
  • Fixed problem where audio track files in programs were not being included in a Package-to-Go.
  • Fixed problem that caused bullet characters to be rendered with the incorrect color in some cases.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

07 Jul 2014 12:38 PM
RE: Display properties missing by osborn4 in Version 8.0

The confusing part is why there are song specific properties in the general display properties. I have unchecked the properties under song and loaded my defaults in general and it seems to be working as designed.

07 Jul 2014 12:16 PM
RE: Freezing when using bigger slideshows by gatewaycrc in Windows 8

Some of the specs are:

Windows 7 Professional
Manufacturer: HP
Model: HP Compaq Pro 6300 MT
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@3.40 GHz
Installed Memory: 8 GB
System type: 64 bit operating System

With some of the slides I am using moving backgrounds - 3 and I don't use any transitions

I will do a virus scan and check if the anti virus is scanning the file.

Thanks!

Minimize

SSP News

10 Jul 2014 10:12 AM
Version 8.1 Preview Release - 07/03/2014 by George in Latest News

A new Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 07/03/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

New features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum.

07 Jul 2014 01:22 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 07/02/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 07/02/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem where audio track files in programs were not being included in a Package-to-Go.
  • Fixed problem that caused bullet characters to be rendered with the incorrect color in some cases.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

01 Jul 2014 12:26 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 06/30/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 06/30/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Added check for "misc" song part labels from SongSelect and will attempt to use alternate part label if it is supplied.
  • Fixed problem associated with using file names containing two or more consecutive dash characters.
  • Fixed problem associated with some slide shows that were created in version 7 but were loading and presenting correctly in version 8.
  • Fixed problem where, in some cases, imported files were going to the incorrect folder.
  • Fixed problem where line breaks were not being imported correctly in songs in some cases.
  • Fixed problem that would cause the program to hang if the default sound device is off line.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

24 Jun 2014 01:18 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 06/19/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 06/19/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with text slide properties when an assistant is run from an existing slide show.
  • Fixed Fade Out feature for videos.
  • Fixed problem with base background color and images with transparent regions.
  • Fixed problem when text getting clipped when it is bottom-aligned and the line height is set to less than 100%.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when re-running a slide assistant from the Presenter Window for slide shows build in version 7.
  • Fixed problem where imported programs were always opened in the Display 1 Program Panel even when an alternate display panel was active at the time of import.
  • Added documentation for the song XML import format.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus 8.0

10 Jun 2014 04:17 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 06/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 06/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with pop-up text preview window used in the Media Control Panel.
  • Fixed problem related to audio track settings and undo/redo.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus 8.0

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?