Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

24 Apr 2014 05:09 PM
How do you handle music for your worship team by bluepennylady in The Wave Pool

HI all

this has most likely been addressed and I am simply not using the correct search criteria to locate an answer.  So sorry if there is already a solution and topic. I have not found it

How do you all handle music for your worship team?  Although we use SSP to project for the services, the musicians are still using sheet music in 3 ring binders.  Shall I say keeping teen musicians organized is quite the challenge!  they never put music back into their binders so in a service if we change to a different song it is a mad scramble for some to locate music

Is there a way to use SSP on ipads for just the words for the musicians on the stage? 

and yes I know about a stage monitor but we do not have one. Only a single projection screen for the auditorium.  Plus without chord charts on the music my musicians can get lost.

So any ideas? How are you all handling this?  After last night's service, well I got to do something different. (besides me spending hours recreating 3 ring binders yet again)

Regards

Judy

House of Prayer

Teen leader

24 Apr 2014 02:52 PM
RE: Quickverse 2009 Support by emorann in Version 7

If you are using Windows 7 I have found even if you are logged on as administrator you need to launch SSP by right clicking ICON and click run as administrator. I am using QV 8 but I think this works with them all. You can also check in the compatibility tab privilege level run as administrator.

Elmer

23 Apr 2014 06:34 PM
Trying to restore my database the hard way... by BWaterson in Version 7

Greetings - We recently lost the PC that was running our SSP 7 system in our main sanctuary.  It is completely inaccessible.  As a result, I cannot backup and move our song files and themes from the old machine to the new one.  I am trying to figure out how to import everything to the new one and could use some help.  I have the old hard drive connected to an Internal to External converter and can access all of the files on it, however I am having a hard time figuring out how to move the files to the new machine so that they can be read by SSP.  I have been able to locate the files, but I can't find a way to import the songs.

Appreciate the help!

22 Apr 2014 03:54 PM
RE: Win 7 Prevent Screen Blanking by iamgap in Tips & Tricks

I am a fan of Alt-Tab. If you pause that too long, it will act as if you have hovered over the popped up bubbles. That was the secondary reason for disabling Aero.

Now if I cab figure out how to turn off the windows option to select the parent folder when you right-click a folder without left clicking it first. I now have to repair a bunch of server permissions thanks to that useless feature.

Maybe you should adapt SSP to work on Linux.

21 Apr 2014 02:15 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 04/18/2014 Build by George in Latest News

The first production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/18/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections and changes to this build.
  • Activation issue was fixed.
  • Additional UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.
  • Additional bug fixes. 

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus 8.0

21 Apr 2014 12:21 PM
RE: Stage monitor font by mike in Version 7

You say the stage display is smaller, do you mean 'resolution?'
What is the resolution of your stage monitor and primary projection display?
I run both at 1024x768, so I have not seen any issues you describe.

21 Apr 2014 10:44 AM
RE: WMV File, content missing or unusable by George in Version 7

I would agree with Gary's assessment.

If this does not work and the issues persists we will need a copy of the video(s) to investigate.

16 Apr 2014 01:55 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/15/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/15/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Memory leak was fixed.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

14 Apr 2014 08:21 PM
RE: Have a Backup Plan by shalem in The Wave Pool

This article has really set me thinking. Will discuss this with the mediatechs VERY soon.

11 Apr 2014 12:46 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Issue with the use of song part hot keys was fixed.
  • Addressed issue that prevented files from being listed in a directory search on a networked drive. 
  • User Guide updates (still a work in progress).

04 Apr 2014 02:34 PM
RE: Motion backgrounds periodically flicker when used via Background Improv (TS236) by George in Troubleshooting

This issue should be resolved in the release of SSP 8.

If you encounter the same or similar issues after updating to SSP 8, please contact Support.

02 Apr 2014 05:37 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/01/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/01/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Presentation of slides from the Media Control panel was fixed.
  • Updates made to the Demo Slides.
  • A few Slide Properties corrections have been made.
  • A few UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.

01 Apr 2014 10:55 AM
SongShow Plus 8.0: April 22nd by dreece in Latest News

We have designated April 22nd for the official release of SongShow Plus 8.0.

SongShow Plus 8.0 has been available as a preview release for several months and is now available as a feature complete test build. If you have a current SongShow Plus Upgrade Subscription, you have already been given an 8.0 upgrade license that you can use with the official release on April 22nd or with any of the preview releases available to you now on the Download page.

If your subscription is not current, there is still time to renew at the regular renewal rate  of $150 before the 22nd. Once 8.0 has been officially released, the price to upgrade from version 7 to version 8 will be $199. You can renew your SongShow Plus Upgrade subscription at sspstore.com or contact your Account Representative at 877-458-6367 to renew or verify the status of your subscription.

25 Mar 2014 03:52 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 03/24/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 03/24/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been several corrections and changes to this build.
  • Several Online Services updates and corrections.
  • Updates made to the activation system.
  • Bulleted text handling issues have been resolved.
  • Backup/Restore issues have been resolved.
  • Several Quick Slide issues were resolved.
  • Several Preferences settings issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Properties issues were resolved.
  • Media Control thumbnail size issue for Scripture and Slideshows was resolved.
  • Several Inspector Panel issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Builder issues were corrected.
  • Numerous UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made. 

20 Mar 2014 05:24 PM
RE: Even More Displays by dreece in Feature Reviews

If you have three screens for which you always want the outputs to be synchronized, then you can use a TripleHead2Go to treat them as a single display. You can put multiple video objects on a single slide in SongShow Plus.

06 Mar 2014 08:53 AM
RE: synchonizing songs on two PC's by mike in Version 7

I completely misunderstood your original post -- I thought you wanted to use the same physical DB, on a shared network drive, from multiple PCs.

I've never tried adding a song at home; I almost always do that before the worship team rehearses it at church. The SongSelect website is helpful and I love the SSP import feature!

I do prepare all of the sermons notes and announcements at home. I have also given up trying to sync my systems, but they are close.
Working at home, I embed everything into the slideshow; but when I pack it up on a thumb-drive; I copy the slideshows to sub directories with names similar to where they will go; I do the same with the graphics even though they will not be needed by the slide shows since they are embedded -- but they are copied onto the church system for future use anyway.

05 Mar 2014 12:09 PM
RE: Song slides not updating by mike in Version 7

I think I know what was happening here

The 'Verse Order' is kept in two different places. If you are using a song in the 'Program' (typically the right side of the screen) the 'Verse Order' that is being used is local to the Program. If you 'Edit the Song' while the song is in the Program, the Program will not get the Verse Order updates made in the DB copy of the Song. If this is the problem, there are two solutions.
1. After editing the song, remove it from the Program and add it again. This way the Program gets the Verse Order from the Song. (I believe there is also a button in the Program's 'Verse Order' screen labeled 'Use Typical Verse Order' which copies the Verse Order  from the Song.

2. While a song is in a Program, only change the Verse Order in the Program. There is a check-box that you can select that will also apply the Verse Order from the Program to the DB copy of the Song.

05 Mar 2014 11:28 AM
RE: Importing ASCII Text Files formated songs into SSP by George in Tips & Tricks

Additional clarification:

Yes, the Clipboard option is still available but...

The new song Text Importer (and other new document based song importers) all work in a similar fashion to the clipboard in that you are presented with the text and you get to select which parts to add where in the song file.  The advantage is you are saved steps needed to get the text to the system clipboard because the docs are opened in the native application.

05 Mar 2014 10:11 AM
RE: Editing image location by mike in Version 7

I don't have the system here in front of me, but try to Edit the image object, then select the image file location (it may or may not be there).

I too was never a fan of a change that was made some time back in the way that images are handled. Even when images are imbedded, I want to know the name of the image and where it was loaded from (even if the file is no longer there) -- this would help  me search for it if I ever want to use it again; but the file name and path is not always available.

15 Feb 2014 09:17 AM
RE: I can't see any of the unread messages! by akins in Version 7

For those who might happen to have the same problem sometime, George had
me go into my account and re-establish the data and all worked fine after that.
Seems like there can be a slight glitch after renewing the license sometimes.

Minimize

SSP News

21 Apr 2014 02:15 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 04/18/2014 Build by George in Latest News

The first production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/18/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Activation issue was fixed.
  • Additional bug fixes. 

16 Apr 2014 01:55 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/15/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/15/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Memory leak was fixed.

11 Apr 2014 12:46 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Issue with the use of song part hot keys was fixed.
  • Addressed issue that prevented files from being listed in a directory search on a networked drive. 
  • User Guide updates (still a work in progress).

02 Apr 2014 05:37 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/01/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/01/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Presentation of slides from the Media Control panel was fixed.
  • Updates made to the Demo Slides.
  • A few Slide Properties corrections have been made.
  • A few UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.

01 Apr 2014 10:55 AM
SongShow Plus 8.0: April 22nd by dreece in Latest News

We have designated April 22nd for the official release of SongShow Plus 8.0.

SongShow Plus 8.0 has been available as a preview release for several months and is now available as a feature complete test build. If you have a current SongShow Plus Upgrade Subscription, you have already been given an 8.0 upgrade license that you can use with the official release on April 22nd or with any of the preview releases available to you now on the Download page.

If your subscription is not current, there is still time to renew at the regular renewal rate  of $150 before the 22nd. Once 8.0 has been officially released, the price to upgrade from version 7 to version 8 will be $199. You can renew your SongShow Plus Upgrade subscription at sspstore.com or contact your Account Representative at 877-458-6367 to renew or verify the status of your subscription.

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?