Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, July 02, 2015
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

02 Jul 2015 04:07 PM
God and Country Festival of the Treasure Valley by dreece in In Action

SongShow Plus will be in action at the God and Country Festival of the Treasure Valley tonight!

27 Jun 2015 10:57 AM
RE: Can I Uninstall 8.0/8.1? by KingsleyUMC in Version 8.2

Yes very old which may be why I have problems importing text from them in SSP8+ and not SSP7. It really isn't that bad of a problem. The easiest solution is to use SSP7. Thanks for the reply on removing 8 and 8.1.

22 Jun 2015 10:55 PM
RE: Syncing Countdown Timers by deandip in Version 8.1

We have a service that starts at a time that is not in one of those intervals (9:20am). My solution for getting the countdown timer to start exactly 5 minutes before service starts is an Autohotkey script made to press + at exactly 9:15am on the computer's time. The plus makes it advance to our 5 minute countdown timer. Learning how to make the script may take a while, but the possibilities it enables makes it worth learning.

22 Jun 2015 09:28 AM
RE: different layouts is good, but by George in Version 8.2

The trick in this case will be to get the Program Panel by itself.  Once you have that you should be able to rearrange the others as you like.

Try this - Since you have multiple layouts available now I suggest the following:

Start by selecting Layout 3 from the Layout menu.
Select Layout again and choose Default Panel arrangement to get to a common start point.
Make sure that all the panels that you want to use are visible.
Select the Program Panel and make it larger by adjusting the top and bottom but be careful not to make it too big at this stage since it may cover the other panels.
Now click the gray headers of the panels that are NOT the Program Panel and drag them to the center of the left side.  At this point the order does not matter but when these move over the Program Panel will expand vertically to take up the whole right side.
Once this is done you can drag the others around on the left side and re-size as needed.

After you get it how you like it, if you want it to be your primary layout you can go back to the Layout menu and select the Copy To > Layout 1 option to make it load on startup.

Hope this helps.

22 Jun 2015 09:02 AM
RE: Two buttons blacked out in 8.2 by George in Version 8.2

I checked this on a couple of systems as well and it appears as expected for me as well.

Do you have 8.1 installed on this system?  If so, are the buttons OK there?

What happens if you close and reopen the Program panel (not SSP) or re-size the program panel?

If this persists, you should contact the support team so that they can take a look.

22 Jun 2015 08:50 AM
RE: SSP Ver 8.0 hangs on startup by George in Version 8.0

Colin,

It is tough to say from the info provided so far but if you are able to get in touch with the support team they will be able to take a look at it for you.

I see that you are in Scotland and +7 hours from us so if you call around 3-4PM your time you should get them in the morning.  They can take a look and see what is going on.

22 Jun 2015 08:41 AM
RE: Exporting songs as text... by George in Version 7

Not in Version 7....

If you would like to see this added, submit it in the Wish List and if it gets enough votes it may get added to the current version.

17 Jun 2015 12:45 PM
The Redeemed Christian Church of God North America Conference by dreece in In Action

GoFishMedia is a vendor at the The Redeemed Christian Church of God North America conference this week.

15 Jun 2015 10:11 AM
Live Video by fudge15 in Version 8.0

Can anyone assist me connecting a canon xha1 to songshow.  it recognizes the device, I am able to add it; but when i click on it, there is a grey screen.

please help.

12 Jun 2015 05:15 AM
RE: Bible translations by mfalk57 in Version 8.1

I can understand why SongShow doesn't want to mess with all these 3rd party vendors. The plug-ins SongShow provides work great for me and are reasonably priced in my opinion. I can't imagine many churches use more than one Bible version. Plenty of joy here in Michigan.

11 Jun 2015 08:37 PM
RE: Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1

am out of town -- will get back with you later. Dick

09 Jun 2015 04:40 PM
RE: Windows 10? by George in Windows 10

Please see the updated post on Windows 10.

Thanks

09 Jun 2015 04:39 PM
Windows 10 Update by George in Windows 10

Hello All,

There have been a few questions regarding SongShow Plus and Windows 10.

First - A few updates on Windows 10 to share

Microsoft has announce the Windows 10 release date as July 29, 2015.

There are still updates being made to the Windows 10 Preview builds so that people can get familiar with it.  The latest build as of this post was Build 10074 and additional builds are expected to become available before the official launch.

Microsoft has already started to present update options to users of Window 7 and 8.1 that are up to date.  A recent Windows update will place an icon in the tray allowing you to reserve your copy of Windows 10.  As I understand it, if you select this they may download the final build to your system but there will be no updates made prior to the July 29 release date.  

Windows 10 does not support DVD playback and if you have Media Center for your Win7/8.1 installation it will be removed during the upgrade. 

I recommend that if you are interested in using Windows 10 that you review the info on the Microsoft site

Second - SongShow Plus and Windows 10

We have tested SongShow Plus 8.2 with the latest available build of Windows 10 and it does work as expected.  We will be doing more extensive testing again after the final release on July 29.  

There are some user account management changes in Windows 10 that might affect SongShow Plus.  We will have a list of Do's and Don't for Windows 10 available after the launch of Windows 10.

At this time, there are no plans to test versions of SongShow Plus prior to 8.2 with Windows 10.

If you have any questions or run into any issues that you believe are Windows 10 specific, please post them in this thread.

Thanks for your interest.

09 Jun 2015 11:28 AM
SongShow Plus 8.2 - PRODUCTION Release 06/02/2015 by George in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.2 is officially available today as a Production release. The primary enhancements to 8.2 include:
  • Timers now work like other video formats and can be used in all places that videos are used (primary feature, background, Overlay Improv, etc.)*
  • Timers now have an option to countdown to the next quarter, half, or whole hour.
  • Three layout presets for the SongShow Plus Control Window letting you set up different configurations for various scenarios (one layout for media preparation, another layout for media presentation, etc.)
  • The preview slides for the Program Panel can now be set to multiple sizes.
  • New box effects for placing backdrops behind and borders around text and other objects.
  • New controls layout for Slide Builder.
  • The Slide Builder can now be set up to use 9:16 and 3:4 aspect ratios for edit mode.
  • Capability to adjust object position and size directly from the Slide Builder toolbar.
  • Improved access to machines on a local area network as source and destination for importing and Package-to-Go (lets you store optional user name and password).
  • New FREE Bible module, Tree of Life Version.
Check the What's New link in SongShow Plus for additional details. 

This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of December 2014.

Download

SongShow Plus 8.2 - PRODUCTION Release 06/02/2015 by George in Version 8.2

The Production release of SongShow Plus version 8.2 dated 06/02/2015 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download.

Please refer to the What's New sections of the Latest News posting for additional details on this release.

If you have any issues you can contact the support team.

08 Jun 2015 07:30 AM
RE: Audio file by jheaps in Version 8.1

I got the same error notices after installing version 8.2 TEST Release 5/27/2015. Thanks to this thread I changed the codecs to Supported Only and the mp3's started working!

05 Jun 2015 12:43 PM
RE: SSP Freezes on Loading Files for Background Improv by George in Version 8.2

I was actually able to replicate this problem by squishing the Improv Collection panel down to where only 1 folder was visible in the list.

I am adding this - Thanks

04 Jun 2015 11:39 AM
RE: Audio files for songs by bcoley in Version 8.1

Posted By George Taylor on 04 Jun 2015 11:31 AM
Bill,

The Song audio track is for exactly what you described.  I just checked this in 8.1 and it does work as expected.

When you add a song to the program with an associated audio track, the audio track properties page should pop up along with the others for verse order and properties.  If you have these suppressed in the settings that would explain why you did not see any settings.

If this does not pop up you can open it by right clicking on the song in the program and selecting "Audio Track..." to get the audio properties.  From here you need to make sure the audio track is selected and the Play Audio Track option is set to yes.  If this is the case the audio track will start playing as soon as the song is presented.

This can be set in the song database for specific songs or in the program if you have multiple tracks or versions for a particular song.

Take a look at this again but if you are still having trouble contact the support team and they can do a remote and see what is going on.

George, you posted your reply as I was finishing mine! Thank you for attending my issue. I am grateful that I found the same solution as you offered!

01 Jun 2015 02:06 PM
RE: Unable to Paste into Slide Name/Title in Slide Builder by George in Version 8.2

There are still some issues with this that will be addressed.  The copy/paste addressed in the slide builder was fixed and exposed additional issues in the slide name area.  Look for additional updates for this.

the r-click copy/paste still works in this area.

29 May 2015 02:16 PM
RE: Auto Updating of Slides Not Working with 2nd Display Enabled (Works with Just 1 Enabled) by deandip in Version 8.2

This update has made my day.

Minimize

SSP News

SongShow Plus 8.2 - PRODUCTION Release 06/02/2015 by George in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.2 is officially available today as a Production release. The primary enhancements to 8.2 include:
  • Timers now work like other video formats and can be used in all places that videos are used (primary feature, background, Overlay Improv, etc.)*
  • Timers now have an option to countdown to the next quarter, half, or whole hour.
  • Three layout presets for the SongShow Plus Control Window letting you set up different configurations for various scenarios (one layout for media preparation, another layout for media presentation, etc.)
  • The preview slides for the Program Panel can now be set to multiple sizes.
  • New box effects for placing backdrops behind and borders around text and other objects.
  • New controls layout for Slide Builder.
  • The Slide Builder can now be set up to use 9:16 and 3:4 aspect ratios for edit mode.
  • Capability to adjust object position and size directly from the Slide Builder toolbar.
  • Improved access to machines on a local area network as source and destination for importing and Package-to-Go (lets you store optional user name and password).
  • New FREE Bible module, Tree of Life Version.
Check the What's New link in SongShow Plus for additional details. 

This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of December 2014.

Download

29 May 2015 01:43 PM
Version 8.2 TEST Release - 05/27/2015 Build by George in Latest News

An updated TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 05/27/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

21 May 2015 03:20 PM
Version 8.2 TEST Release - 05/20/2015 Build by George in Latest News

The first TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 05/20/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

30 Apr 2015 01:59 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 04/28/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 4/28/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

19 Mar 2015 05:21 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 03/18/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 3/18/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?