Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

20 Aug 2014 06:02 PM
NKJV plugin is installed and enabled, but I can't access it by AshtonKoocher in Version 7

Hello all,

I have moved to a new church recently and have just taken over our computer.  We have version 7 and the plug in is enabled, but I can't see it anywhere.  Any ideas on where I can look for this?

Thanks for the help.

20 Aug 2014 04:12 PM
RE: Online Bible by George in Version 8.0

That is correct - Version 7 has to be installed to be able to use any legacy plug-ins.

20 Aug 2014 03:38 PM
RE: Freezing When Selecting a Slide with Background Improv Video by deandip in Version 8.0

The 8/13/2014 update did fix this issue for us. Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.

20 Aug 2014 02:05 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 08/19/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 08/19/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections in this build.
  • Fixed problem associated with using a prompt on on file collision when importing media files.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when more than two displays are enabled and the Songs media tab is hidden.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when clicking on the Slide menu in Slide Builder when the slide show has no slides.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

19 Aug 2014 04:30 PM
RE: Issue with Import in Slide Builder by George in Version 8.0

Chad,

This has come up a few times on the forum and I believe is listed as a Wish on the Wish List.

This same behavior exists when selecting backgrounds and other like items in Slide Properties.

It has also been added as a request.

19 Aug 2014 02:52 PM
RE: Update not detecting 8/13/2014 update by George in Version 8.0

It looks like there was a glitch in a file that points to updates.

This has been fixed...

18 Aug 2014 03:28 PM
Customize Stage Display by dreece in Feature Reviews

With version 8.1, you can now use Slide Properties to specify how the stage display will look. Read more...

18 Aug 2014 10:01 AM
RE: program elements auto step through by George in Version 8.0

Is your timer a video or a SongShow Plus timer?

If it is a video timer then you can just created a slideshow with the video timer then your other video.

If it is a SongShow Plus timer, right now we don't have a way to add a timer to a slideshow but it has been requested.

17 Aug 2014 07:55 AM
RE: Multi-Display Issues by estministriesmedia in Version 8.0

hey! we got this all set up properly. turns out, we didn't need the splitter. we just had to rearrange the way the monitors and projector were plugged in.

15 Aug 2014 07:51 PM
RE: SongShow Plus Update not working by osborn4 in Version 8.0

Yep. I uninstalled SSP 7 and that menu item went away.

15 Aug 2014 09:54 AM
RE: Workflow for using a seperate Workstation / Projection setup by akins in Version 7

I keep the databases identical on both machines then only copy new slide shows and program to church machine -- when it looks for an image or song they will be exactly in the same location as at home.

15 Aug 2014 08:34 AM
RE: Control projector via serial port by MichaelT in The Wave Pool

Hi,

To control our Projector we have used the software Bill Redirect from www.BillProduction.com with this software you can create buttons and put the RS232 projector commands under each button to create your customize remote control ... You can also after control the software via your iPad, iPhone ... To do the iphone part we have used this documentation: http://www.billproduction.com/Bill_Redirect_iPod_iPhone_iPad_Remote_TCPIP_Remote.pdf I have disable the Keyboard section and use the Serial section and all work's !

We have found this example on another forum:

To control peripheral like a projector I usually use Bill Redirect software from www.Billproduction.com company

Solution to control your projector PT-AE8000U:

Manual of the protocol (commands) of your projector: www.audiogeneral.com/Panasonic/ptae8000u.pdf

Step by step solution:
- First download and install Bill Redirect Software: http://www.billproduction.com/Bill_COMtoKB.ZIP
- Disable all section except: Serial Port and Virtual Keyboard
- In section Serial Port, set the Switch to: On
- In serial Port Configuration, set:

In field "Serial Port Number" enter the port number where your projector is connected.
Bauds: 9600
Parity: None
Databit: 8
Stopbit: 1

- Click on: Virtual Keyboard Configuration
- After click on: Add
* At this point a button appear ... it's your action button ... used latter to control your Projector !
- Enter the command you want to do in the field "String to send ... is push" example to set the input to HDMI 1 use this command:
{ASCII:2}IIS:HD1{ASCII:3}

*** Another example ... the command to "Picture mode switch" is: {ASCII:2}OVM{ASCII:3}
*We have found each command in the manual of your projector

To test your button click on: Run

- Click on the virtual button created to test the command !
- You can create several buttons to control what you want ...

For more information about the possibility, use the manual of the product: http://www.billproduction.com/Bill_Redirect_Manual.pdf

This solution can work's with any peripheral !

14 Aug 2014 11:53 PM
RE: Activating 8.0 after subscription expires by osborn4 in Version 8.0

I'm not R-Techinics or GoFishMedia, but here's the way I understand it.

1) Yes, you can have 7 and 8 activated at the same time on the same machine

2) If your current activation subscription, you can install any version of SSP released prior to your subscription expiring, even after the fact.

But, again, I am not an official representative. Just a long time user.

14 Aug 2014 11:49 PM
RE: Windows 8 and MPEG2 Playback by osborn4 in Windows 8

It's just stuff we've had around for a while. Most all new content is H.264.

14 Aug 2014 11:45 PM
RE: set songs to automatically step through by osborn4 in Version 8.0

And you can right click on a song and create the slide show automatically.

14 Aug 2014 02:18 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 08/13/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 08/13/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem that would cause Background Improv to lock up the program at times.
  • Fixed problem that caused access violation exception when double clicking on a plan item in PCO import utility.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

13 Aug 2014 12:26 PM
RE: SSP forgetful again by George in Version 8.0

FYI - the remembering of the layout/re-size has already been discussed and has been added as a request.  It sounds like this would address the concern that you are describing.

10 Aug 2014 03:56 PM
RE: Beveled Edge by boother in Version 8.0

Thanks, Michael for the help. However, I have looked everywhere at the properties. I finally gave up and called in. It turned out that my presenter window was minimized and stretched to the edge so close that it was creeping over onto my display window. When I maximized the presenter window. it fixed the problem.

07 Aug 2014 10:42 PM
RE: Song Text by bheigh in Version 7

Hi Blair,

For what it's worth, the original gist of this whole thread, by the time we got the experts on board with the issue, was that there was a difference in expectations between the developers and the user community.

The users seemed to agree that the 'as expected' behavior is that changing to a new slide, after Muting the Text of a previous slide, should just transition to the new slide without flashing the muted text briefly before changing to the next slide. The developers 'as expected' behavior is to flash the muted text before changing to the new slide.

The best that we could do as users is to request that the behavior be restored to the behavior of the previous version, and not flash the text, in the next version. Apparently that suggestion didn't  make into version 8. I have not tried the released version 8, although I did try out the beta version.

Our best bet is to request that feature be included into the next version again, it seems.

It's still a great product though, this wasn't a deal breaker, just a little extra 'noise' for those who like subtlety in their Song Show presentations.

Cheers, Bill~

Bend Christian Fellowship
Bend, OR

07 Aug 2014 09:32 PM
RE: New Program Item List - Title Slide by Blairness in Version 7

Thanks for the reply George.

Funnily enough, if I set the information to display on 'all lyrics slides', it doesn't display on any of them in the program panel! (obviously, it does on the output) I've actually decided to go with that, as I'm quite happy for the information to display for the whole song. I will still submit to the wishlist though! Thanks for suggesting that.

Blair

Minimize

SSP News

20 Aug 2014 02:05 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 08/19/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 08/19/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem associated with using a prompt on on file collision when importing media files.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when more than two displays are enabled and the Songs media tab is hidden.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when clicking on the Slide menu in Slide Builder when the slide show has no slides.

14 Aug 2014 02:18 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 08/13/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 08/13/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem that would cause Background Improv to lock up the program at times.
  • Fixed problem that caused access violation exception when double clicking on a plan item in PCO import utility.

30 Jul 2014 03:31 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 07/28/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 07/28/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem associated with uploading large Package-to-Go files to Dropbox and Google Drive.
  • Documented file size limitation for One Drive.
  • Fixed problem associated with downloading large files Package-to-Go files from Dropbox, Google Drive, and One Drive.
  • Fixed problem that occurs when users accidently add duplicate song part labels.
  • Fixed typo in NLT Bible text (Matthew 28:19).

10 Jul 2014 10:12 AM
Version 8.1 Preview Release - 07/03/2014 by George in Latest News

A new Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 07/03/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

New features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum.

07 Jul 2014 01:22 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 07/02/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 07/02/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections and changes to this build.
  • Fixed problem where audio track files in programs were not being included in a Package-to-Go.
  • Fixed problem that caused bullet characters to be rendered with the incorrect color in some cases.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?