Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

19 Oct 2014 06:25 AM
RE: Media Control: Keep displayed item centered? by aworkman in Version 8.0

George, that works perfect!! Thank you for helping me dig a little deeper into the menu. Aaron

18 Oct 2014 02:09 PM
RE: Tranparency by akins in Version 8.0

I put a single pixel white dot in the corners of the image

Clever idea!

17 Oct 2014 02:05 PM
RE: Importing a looped powerpoint directly into ssp7 by osborn4 in Version 7

Edit the SongShowPlus Slide show in slide show builder (right click, slideshow, eidt).

In Slide Show Builder, go to File-> Edit timing properties.

Set the Advance the slide show to Automatically. This will expand the timing options and you can set those as appropriate for your show. Make sure and set the Loop slide show to Yes.

Hope that gets you on the right path.

16 Oct 2014 05:35 PM
Online Services - Unable to set up accounts (TS266) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When trying to set up the authorization for the SongShow Plus Online Services the user receives and error indicating “A device attached to the system is not functioning”

SongShow Plus Online Services include the following:

Dropbox
Google Drive
OneDrive
Planning Center Online
Shift Worship
SongSelect

Possible Cause:
SongShow Plus uses Internet Explorer for all embedded web page actions.  If ID is not the default this might cause issues with some functions.

Possible Solution:
Check the Default Browser setting and make sure it is set to Internet Explorer.  If not change it to IE, at least temporarily.

(TS266)

14 Oct 2014 03:27 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/07/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/07/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections in this build.

• Fixed problem with incorrect installation date shown for Chromex in the updater.
  • Fixed new problem that locked up the UI when the video playback settings windows was used for a DVD.
  • Fixed installation so that it uses an alternate data path set in 8.0.
  • Fixed problem with activation related to subscription expirations prior to 5/2014.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

11 Oct 2014 02:09 PM
RE: Song Select Online option is gone by dreece in Version 8.0

The SongSelect import feature for download files should still work in 8.0.

10 Oct 2014 08:38 AM
RE: ESV will only work with SSP 8?? by akins in Version 7

I suggest you install 8.1 and try it out

Will do -- thanks for the help.

06 Oct 2014 12:19 PM
RE: .MOV and .MP4 files ot recognized by George in Version 8.0

Diane and Timothy,

This is odd as I would expect them to work as well as long as you have the H.264 Plug-in from us purchased and activated on you accounts and systems.

I would check and make sure you have this and make sure your video options are set to Option A.  

If they still do not work then contact support so we can investigate.

While it is true that you can convert videos to WMV, you shouldn't have to....

04 Oct 2014 12:48 PM
RE: New Tower for SSP 8 by TimothyPaul in Version 8.0

Is there any potential for adding a third monitor in the future? Like a stage monitor?

02 Oct 2014 07:55 AM
WfX by dreece in In Action

GoFish Media is at WfX this week. If you're at the conference, stop by to say hi!

01 Oct 2014 09:23 PM
RE: Customize Stage Display by dreece in Feature Reviews

All of the settings for the stage display are now located through the menu command Settings > Display

01 Oct 2014 10:47 AM
Version 8.1 Production Release by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.1 is officially available today as a production release. The primary enhancements to 8.1 include:
  • Customizable stage display
  • Mirrored content for videos, PowerPoint, and web pages to the stage display
  • Environmental projection output
  • Display masks
  • Color bars and grids to help with projector alignment and adjustment
  • Quick background adjustment control
  • Auto triple wide option for background content
This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of 5/2014.

Download

30 Sep 2014 02:55 PM
RE: Download link on SSPLASH.COM by dreece in Version 8.0

Please use http://www.songshowplus.com/download. We need to fix up a few things with the Ssplash download page.

30 Sep 2014 02:48 PM
Display Masks by dreece in Feature Reviews

The new Display Masks feature lets you block out all content at one or more regions on the display. Read more...

30 Sep 2014 02:19 PM
Mirrored Content to the Stage Display by dreece in Feature Reviews

In version 8.1, videos, PowerPoint, and web pages are now mirrored to the stage display. Read more...

30 Sep 2014 12:32 PM
RE: Triple-Wide Support Questions by bitbank in Version 8.0

Hi Doug,
I did a rudimentary test of the Triple Wide Video Support by SSP (without a TripleHead2Go video adapter) as you described last night. After working around a few things (which I can share with you later if you like), I was able to achieve SSP video playback across three different video outputs (even three screens which were not at the same resolution), albeit at a lower frame rate. This is a GREAT CAPABILITY, and one not shared by most other presentation software apps. I do have a few questions from you and your team of experts on what type of HW processing horsepower would be needed in this config. Hopefully, the GFM support folks will share my email with you on that topic. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!!

29 Sep 2014 01:37 PM
Version 8.1 Candidate Release - 09/23/2014 by George in Latest News

The Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 09/23/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

As a reminder the new features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum

27 Sep 2014 03:23 PM
RE: Need Advice on Video Card by osborn4 in Version 8.0

There are 4-port video cards out there, but they are pretty expensive. Just make sure you can use all 4 ports at once.

26 Sep 2014 10:10 AM
RE: System becomes unresponsive with Mobile Control enabled by sbinder in Version 8.0

The issue showed up during a service:
I used an iPad at the back of the sanctuary (via Mobile Control) to switch from the announcements slideshow to the processional. Once we reached the front of the sanctuary, I used the console to start the service slideshow. That's when the trouble began.

During the service, I tried restarting SSP, but that didn't help. After the service, I tried rebooting the computer, but SSP kept choking until I disabled Mobile Control. Then everything worked fine.
I just went to try to reproduce the problem, and couldn't. But having the projection machine choke like that during a service makes me a little gun-shy about trying it again!

Settings are:
Enabled (checked)
IP Address (set to machine's IP)
HTTP Port (80)
Beacon Enabled (checked)
Beacon Port (1111)
User Authentication Required (unchecked)

22 Sep 2014 05:13 PM
Environmental Projection by dreece in Feature Reviews

SongShow Plus 8.1 provides a new feature that is designed to work with environmental projection. Read more...

Minimize

SSP News

14 Oct 2014 03:27 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/07/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/07/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with incorrect installation date shown for Chromex in the updater.
  • Fixed new problem that locked up the UI when the video playback settings windows was used for a DVD.
  • Fixed installation so that it uses an alternate data path set in 8.0.
  • Fixed problem with activation related to subscription expirations prior to 5/2014.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

01 Oct 2014 10:47 AM
Version 8.1 Production Release by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.1 is officially available today as a production release. The primary enhancements to 8.1 include:
  • Customizable stage display
  • Mirrored content for videos, PowerPoint, and web pages to the stage display
  • Environmental projection output
  • Display masks
  • Color bars and grids to help with projector alignment and adjustment
  • Quick background adjustment control
  • Auto triple wide option for background content
This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of 5/2014.

Download

29 Sep 2014 01:37 PM
Version 8.1 Candidate Release - 09/23/2014 by George in Latest News

The Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 09/23/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

As a reminder the new features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum

15 Sep 2014 03:32 PM
New Bible Plug-in: New Living Translation by dreece in Latest News

This is actually a bit of older news, but I noticed that we hadn't actually announced it. The New Living Translation (NLT) Bible is now available as an additional plug-in for SongShow Plus 8.0. You can license the NLT Bible text by using the menu command Update > Purchase Plug-ins.

11 Sep 2014 03:39 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 09/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 09/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed text problems with the NLT Bible content.
  • Song text importers now import song parts alphabetically.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?