Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Wednesday, May 04, 2016
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

02 May 2016 09:58 PM
RE: Package to Go - Please fix this by rkresge in Version 8.2

George,

Thanks for the update. This is a feature that I have used weekly for probably 4 or 5 years in SSP 7. I've found that I get grumpy after every major upgrade to SSP, because things that had worked for years suddenly no longer work. I do see the logic of what you describe; the frustration is that what worked for years suddenly no longer works.

The other 'glitch' was not actually a glitch, and is not worth additional mention. It was just figuring out how another feature works in 8.2, compared with SSP 7.

SSP 8.2 is going to take some adjustment; so far I would say that I'm not enjoying it, although it does work just fine. Ask me again a couple of months from now.

Again, thanks.

Roger

02 May 2016 12:04 PM
RE: Unable to link CCLI Account by George in Version 8.2

Hi Robert - Sorry to hear about your difficulty with SongSelect.

There is a KB article that address this very issue.  This most likely has to do with a system time zone or related setting that is causing an issue connecting to the SongSelect servers.

Please view this KB to resolve your issue.

Regarding the support issue - at some point in the hold time you should be able to leave a message and as a Platinum subscriber you will get priority for callbacks.  I will bubble this up to the support team.

02 May 2016 11:11 AM
RE: Setting up latop without second monitor by George in Version 8.1

This would be a great question for the support team.

I encourage you to contact them at your convenience while you are at the laptop and they should be able to get it sorted out for you. 

27 Apr 2016 02:19 PM
RE: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by rkresge in Version 8.2

Still very much using Online Bible - we have purchased 7 or 8 translations, and I'm not in a big hurry to have to buy something new to replace.  Just reinstalled our projection machine from scratch in order to upgrade (finally) from Win XP, so it was finally time to upgrade from SSP 7 to 8.2. Of course had to also install SSP in order to get Online Bible to work. I guess this is a bit of an ugly solution, but I hope you continue at least this much support for Online Bible.

Roger

26 Apr 2016 04:50 PM
Does SongShow Plus work on Windows 10? (FAQ037) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

The first fully Windows 10 supported version will be SongShow Plus 8.3.  Once version 8.3 is ready for production release it will have been run through a larger, more detailed battery of tests using Windows 10 in its current form.  At that point we will consider version 8.3 ready for Windows 10 use.  While some testing was done with version 8.2, we will not be fully testing previous versions of SongShow Plus with Windows 10 and suggest that these updates (Windows 10 and Version 8.3) occur at the same time.

If you choose to proceed with updating to Windows 10 on your SongShow Plus systems we will still take your feedback (this is always helpful) through the support team and this forum but keep in mind these issues may not be addressed right away.

Tips for Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10
  • If you do an in-place update to Windows 10 from your current operating system we recommend that you deactivate SongShow Plus first, then update the OS, then re-activate SongShow Plus.  This will ensure a smooth transition.

• If you do an update before deactivating and the license becomes invalidated, you can either use the temporary license offered and allow it to resolve itself or contact support before proceeding to allow them to assist you through the process.

• While there are no known issues at this time, we recommend that you do not operate SongShow Plus on a Microsoft Account login.  We recommend using a local system account for using SongShow Plus.
Additional information may be found in the forums or in other KB articles if additional specific information becomes available.

(FAQ037)

26 Apr 2016 11:00 AM
RE: Vimeo play secrets needed by George in Version 8.2

On a related note it can also depend on how the content was published and with what settings.  We have encountered issues with both Vimeo and YouTube where the site prohibits playback of the content through a 3rd party link and requires playback directly on Vimeo/YouTube.  I have seen this both with and without ads running on the video in question.

That said, it normally is pretty explicit giving a message along the lines of "You have to play this on our site" so this may not be your specific issue but may be related.

I would confirm that you can launch the video from an embed link created on the Vimeo site to make sure that works.  If so contact support for further investigation.

Or just go the safe route and get a local copy of the video as suggested...

26 Apr 2016 09:07 AM
RE: Adding a page break to an imported song by akins in Version 8.2

mfalk57 is correct. Set the global display settings/song layout/show to page-by-page.

23 Apr 2016 09:15 AM
RE: schedule countdown timer by iamgap in Version 7

As Dick said, they have to be clicked, which means someone has to be at the console to launch it. 

If your SSP computer is connected to a network, that also has Wi-Fi, you can run the program from any device that has a web browser, so you don't have to be at the console. You do have to have a SSP version of Oct 2010 or newer. 

http://www.ssplash.com/Support/Know...aspx#17427 

18 Apr 2016 10:19 AM
RE: Multiple accounts by George in Windows 10

sent.  Let me know what works for you...

thanks

17 Apr 2016 08:00 AM
RE: Font for Songs by iamgap in The Wave Pool

I guess we're boring too, as we also have Verdana. I find it is the easiest to read, and when people are reading and singing at the same time, you want it to be as easy as possible.

gap

14 Apr 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Making back up copy of service by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

thanks! Will be trying it out this week

03 Apr 2016 05:47 PM
RE: Powerpoint on Stage monitor by chrismaca in Version 8.1

Hi George,

Is there any update on this? I sent a support request a few months ago, no reply so far.

thanks,

Chris

31 Mar 2016 07:14 AM
RE: V8 doesnt work with Cyrillic and Windows 10 by akins in Version 8.2

Do you think ill get same results?

Don't know, but it's an easy try and will give you another data point in any event.

28 Mar 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool

Thanks Josh - sorry for the delay....

Also thanks for the clarification on the ID - I thought that looked "odd"

I dug into this a little and did confirm the issue with the input field.

Are you just trying to update so that you showing current on the ssplash forums for full access?
I can manually update this for you with an additional bit of info - what is the prefix (text before the @) for your email address?

Thanks,

18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview) 

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

09 Mar 2016 08:32 AM
RE: Online Bible Windows 10 by George in Version 8.2

The Online Bible support is deprecated and requires SongShow Plus version 7 (latest build) to be installed to get the plugin to work.

SongShow Plus 8 UPDATE: To use any of these Bible plug-ins with SongShow Plus Version 8.x and newer, you must have SongShow Plus 7 installed on the same system.  Licencing is not required but the components used are in the SSP 7 Installation.   Since these are legacy deprecated programs the components are not included in newer versions of SongShow Plus.

What translations are you using?  Please let us know if it is not offered through our store.

If you need more assistance with the Online Bible plug-in you can contact the support team.

02 Mar 2016 11:03 AM
Windows 10 and songshow by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

Has anyone updated to windows 10 and had no issues with songshow?

With the computer virus wiping everything out I am in the process of rebuilding and windows just tried to do an automatic update to windows 10 because I hadn't turned that off yet.  I stopped it but I wondered if it was something I could just update now instead of waiting for the next version of songshow since all the other computers at church are already on Windows 10

02 Mar 2016 11:00 AM
RE: List of machines and projection licenses by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

Thanks. I am still waiting for them to deactivate this machine so I can reinstall it as a projection machine. I may have to try calling again because time is of great importance when a Sunday service is coming up.

01 Mar 2016 10:16 AM
RE: Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1

OOPS ... sorry about the extra D in your name " src="http://www.ssplash.com/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/rtechnics_grey/emoticons/shocked.gif" />

23 Feb 2016 07:42 AM
RE: The evolution of this site! by akins in The Wave Pool

Right. Maybe step back from ideal and be satisfied with practical. ;-)

Minimize

SSP News

18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview) 

15 Feb 2016 02:37 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 02/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 02/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

20 Jan 2016 02:09 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

13 Jan 2016 12:01 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/04/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/04/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

16 Dec 2015 01:10 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 12/11/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 12/11/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?