29 Nov 2015 08:33 PM
More realistic snowflakes by akins in Tips & Tricks
- This may be "old hat" to most, but I just got on to it. The snowflake video is nice and has been improved
over time. I use it often in the winter, especially when we have really cold, snowy weather (I'm in Kansas!).
The only problem is that the flakes are artificial and that can be a distraction. I have found that adding a
blur of 1 or 2 makes the flakes look more realistic.
29 Nov 2015 08:27 PM
RE: Image/video file dialog not remebering as much by akins in Version 8.2
- Prior to about 2010, It took you to the last folder used in that operation -- that was
even better. Obviously, the best bet as to the destination you want is the last one
you used. Most software, word processors, photo editing, etc. use this method.
Why SSP abandoned it is hard to understand.
29 Nov 2015 08:18 PM
RE: copying backgrounds to slides in SSB by akins in Version 7
- Doesn't that just copy the background (and properties) from one slide to one other one?
I'm having to do that for 10 or more slides in 3 different slide shows. I think it should be
possible to copy the background from one slide to all the others!
29 Nov 2015 04:35 PM
RE: Stock hymns by osborn4 in Version 8.1
- That should do the trick. Thanks.
29 Nov 2015 04:20 PM
RE: Print part of a slide show? by osborn4 in Version 8.2
- Open up the slide show in Slide Show Builder and you have a print page range option.
28 Nov 2015 09:26 AM
RE: Changing line spacing in SSB by akins in Tips & Tricks
- oops - bulleted text
25 Nov 2015 03:37 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release by George in Latest News
- The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 11/23/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription.
Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!
Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.
24 Nov 2015 02:36 PM
Office 365 and SongShow Plus (TS282) by George in Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 365 is a predominantly online based version of office. SongShow Plus will not work with any web-based PPT content.
The Microsoft Office 365 subscription does come with a full version of the latest local installation of the Office suite. This local installation is required and must be properly installed for PPT to work with SongShow Plus.
24 Nov 2015 02:31 PM
RE: Does SongShow Plus™ support Microsoft PowerPoint® slide shows? (FAQ022) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs
PowerPoint 2016 had been added as supported with preliminary testing. The basic functions of PPT in SongShow Plus have been confirmed but more extensive testing is needed.
22 Nov 2015 03:32 PM
RE: Is the Wish List dead and buried? by akins in Version 7
- "no reply" in 30 days answers the question
20 Nov 2015 08:19 AM
RE: display monitor text size by George in Version 8.1
- No Problem Alister.
However the answer is still the same...
You are correct that in V7 there was a separate Stage Display specific setting.
In 8.x you now have even more control over the Stage Display and can set full Slide Properties for it now.
From the main Slide Properties simply adjust the properties for the display number that you have assigned as the Target Display in the Stage Display settings.
09 Nov 2015 05:15 PM
RE: Song words not showing on screen by dreece in Version 8.2
- Well, I'm glad things are working for you again, but I would like to know what settings you used when the problem occurred. If you replicate the problem again, let us know what you did. Or when when you call support, as them to escalate the issue so that we can get a look at the problem directly.
07 Nov 2015 11:04 AM
Using SSP to create lower thirds with an ATEM Switcher by bladeaudio in Tips & Tricks
- Hello, thought some people may find this useful - how I'm using SSP to create lower thirds, and only having to program once for projection and video.
06 Nov 2015 12:53 PM
High system CPU utilization occurs when working with images. (TS281) by George in Troubleshooting
When displaying an image from a program, the images database or using a slideshow with lots of images may cause an increase in CPU utilization in SSP during presentation of images.
If the images used are of too high a resolution or size, this may slow or hinder the processing of the image and associated effects.
Reduce the size/resolution of the images used in SongShow Plus to match your output resolution. refer to KB MI013 for additional information on this.
06 Nov 2015 11:57 AM
SSP generates error messages about being unable to initialize or not able to find other programs. (TS004) by George in Troubleshooting
SSP generates error messages about being unable to initialize or not able to find other programs like Online Bible, or SongSelect 3.0.
If the SSP database is located on another drive or system though the media files relocation tool, the destination files may be unavailable preventing the initialization of SongShow Plus.
Verify that the network destination that the SSP database resides on is available. Possible network issues can prevent connection and an additional reboot may be required.
ProModules/plug-ins were installed that required the presence of third-party software (like QuickVerse) but the third-party software application is not installed.
Either install the third-party software applications, or go to the add/remove programs screen in Windows and remove the problem ProModule.
Note: Some programs generate an error while SSP is loading. Others create an alert after it has loaded. In either case, the solution is the same. Uninstall the ProModule for that program, or install that program. Often the customer will also have to reinstall the ProModule/Plug-in after the program is installed.
05 Nov 2015 05:01 PM
Transitions do not occur during image slideshows (TS280) by George in Troubleshooting
When displaying a slideshow with lots of images, the transitions may fail - either intermittently or consistently. This may or may not also be accompanied by an out of memory condition. In some cases an image may not be displayed at all.
If the included images are of too high a resolution or size, this may slow or hinder the processing of the image and associated effects.
Reduce the size/resolution of the images included in the slideshow to match your output resolution. refer to KB MI013 for additional information on this.
04 Nov 2015 05:14 PM
Stream Read Error when searching or indexing songs. (TS279) by George in Troubleshooting
When indexing or searching for songs the user receives a stream read error message.
If the Windows Sync tool is being used to keep the remote SongShow Plus files up to date, they may become out of sync. This tool is not a supported method to synchronize files for use with SongShow Plus.
There are two parts to this solution:
1. Go to the system sync settings and manually resolve any sync conflicts.
2. Disable the sync process to prevent this from happening again.
01 Nov 2015 08:33 AM
RE: 8.2 toolbar slideshow builder is awful...go back to old version by genebalding in Version 8.2
- Thanks George, that will make things a lot easier. While precision is nice, speed and efficiency is also very important.
01 Nov 2015 05:15 AM
RE: .wmv video freezing on playback by mike in Version 8.2
- I've seen this too. It is not limited to wmv (in fact, I think that format works the most consistently). For me, the problem occurs with videos I convert myself and when the video goes to a black frame, e.g., a transition between scenes. This is not new to 8.2 or even 8.1 (It might go back to 7 something).
When preparing videos, I normally do it during the week at home, and prepare a few different versions using different tools. I always test it before the service. Most times, the first one works, but occasionally, I see this problem and pick one of the other versions. Since I began making alternate copies and verifying , I have never froze during a service and at lease one version has always worked.
When I say I use different versions, I might get one using a firefox add on (e.g., Video DownloadHelper) and another using http://www.convertfiles.com/ ). Or, if I convert a DVD track, I will make one with Roxio and anther with ACDSee Video Converter.
26 Oct 2015 02:24 PM
DVD Playback support for SongShow Plus version 8.x (SW027) by George in Software Information
- DVD Playback is a feature that allows the user to link to a physical DVD media from within a SongShow Plus program. Support for this feature requires that the system/operating system supports DVD Playback as well.
For SongShow Plus version 8.x this has been simplified from previous versions in that SongShow Plus will use the operating system included playback mechanism to do this. SongShow Plus 8.x DVD playback no longer supports any 3rd party DVD solutions.
The table below indicates the components required for DVD Playback to work with SongShow Plus 8.x:
| Windows 7
||Home Premium; Ultimate
|| None (Windows Media Center is included)
| Windows 8.1
|| Windows Media Center (Add-on available in Windows Store)
Depending on the type of DVD you are trying to play, you may also need to install AC3 support. See KB TS278 for more information.