Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Help Using Song Show 7, Song Select Online, and Celebration Hymnal
Last Post 22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM by ward heintz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Daniel Bostic

--
18 Aug 2006 02:29 PM  

Our church, (Charleston Harbor Bible Church) is used to using "The Celebration Hymnal" and some of the songs are different in Song Select On-Line.......I called Integrity Media and they said that for an ad-on for Song Show 7 to display exactely what is in our hymnal it would be like a total of $320 or something like that. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Thanks!

Joel Osborn

--
18 Aug 2006 03:06 PM  
I'm guessing you would be buying the Integrity Worship software, which would contain thier song database, and use the SSP Integrity module (formerly promodule) to connect SSP to it.

The songs in Song Select don't always match our hymnal either. But I just clone the song, edit the lyrics and verse order to match our hymnal.

I then put a (HFG) in the title to note that it has been edited to match Hymns for the Family of God. Anything in the title in parens will not show up on the screen.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Daniel Bostic

--
19 Aug 2006 06:16 AM  
Thanks for the tip about the Parens! I didn't know that. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't know about this software.
Jody Bosgra

--
19 Sep 2006 05:02 PM  
Another way is when you edit a song, make a collection called HFG and put all the HFG songs in that collection.  i would then put the number of the song in brackets eg: song title (234), so you can do searching on song numbers as well as the titles.

Hope that helps.
ward heintz

--
22 Sep 2006 10:16 AM  
Our church also uses the Celebration Hymnal. Most of the differences between what is printed in the hymnal and in CCLI's Song Select are small. E.g., in the hymnal only the chorus of the song is printed, and in CCLI's Song Select all of the verses and the chorus are available. As long as the Author(s), copyright holder(s), year all match you can use the number in CCLI.

Sometimes you cannot find the song in CCLI's Song Select--if so, look for it under each individual author as sometimes it is listed by the last person, generally the one who created a choral ending or setting. You can also usually find it if you do an advanced search. If you search by catalog, in this case Ingegrity, you want the "Hosanna!" Music You will get 2000+ hits, then do an advanced search with Catalog > contains > integrity; Title >contains > song title; Author >contains > name. You get better results with "contains" rather than "is exactly" as field limiters. Sometimes when you search by the author, especially the person who wrote the choral setting, you only get the part he wrote. When in doubt CCLI will always be delighted to help you and will direct you to the correct song number with the correct information.

For example, in the hymnal # 225 is “Come, Christians Join to Sing.” If you search by title you will find the song, plus 10 others. You then need to read the catalog list and find “Word Music LLC . . .” That is the song, but only Lee Harrington is listed as the author on CCLI’s Song Select. The hymnal lists Christian H. Bateman and David Evans. In this case I would add those two names to the SSP General page for this song.

In the hymnal # 80 is “I Stand in Awe” by Mark Altrogge. In the hymnal only the first verse and chorus are shown. In CCLI’s Song Select there is a second verse. You have the option of including it or not. A similar situation exists with # 530 “I Will Call Upon the Lord” by Michael O’Shields.

A search for hymnal # 324 “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” will give you 25 hits. The basic song is public domain, however the version in the hymnal is copyrighted by Integrity. None of the listings in CCLI’s Song Select match what is printed in the hymnal. This is a time to call CCLI.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

10 Feb 2016 05:37 PM
RE: Random Deactivation by pparkcoc in Version 8.2

Please disregard it seems there was an issue with an activation server or something and a reboot fixed it.

08 Feb 2016 06:21 AM
RE: .wmv video freezing on playback by wkdreskin in Version 8.2

Sorry I disappeared on this one. Thanks, everybody, for your replies.

Billy

07 Feb 2016 11:55 PM
RE: Powerpoint hanging SSP 8.2 by emve in Version 8.2

We experience sporadic problems with Powerpoint presentations in SongShow Plus 7 as well as 8 to 8.2. I logged the problem with support, but it does not occur regularly, thus it is very difficult to reproduce and investigate.

We now convert a PPT presentation to a video or present it in MS Powerpoint outside of SongShow Plus as it is way easier than dealing with a locked up Windows during a sermon. Leave your SongShow Plus running, open Powerpoint, run the slide show and switch back to SongShow Plus for the remainder of your program. Not ideal, but safer  .

26 Jan 2016 02:05 PM
V8 doesnt work with Cyrillic and Windows 10 by UBC60402 in Version 8.2

Good day.
We have v7 running in Vista without any issues.  We are in process of upgrading our PC to Windows 10 and Newest Version of SSP.  We have zero success transferring all the (Ukrainian and Russian) songs from V7 to V8.  The songs display as characters.  We talked with support and import/export, copy, all methods that we tried have been unsuccessful.  The only method that works is to MANUALLY enter each and every song, then it works.  This would take resources we do not have.  I'm looking for help on the forums, since we're at a dead end w/ gfm-support.

any input is appreciated.

25 Jan 2016 11:15 AM
RE: SongShow Synchronization by dlmoon in Feature Reviews

George, thanks for the heads up. Sorry I've taken so long in responding. We've had some pretty bad weather here by Tennessee standards and I'm just now getting to our projection machine to try the latest 8.3 update. I'm happy to say it seems the sync feature is working well now. I am able to connect and get the corporate repositories. I'm looking forward to the time when instructions on how to use are posted and learning how to use sync. Thanks a bunch for your help.

24 Jan 2016 07:49 PM
RE: Windows 10 by Berger6 in Version 7

You have to get WINX to display both monitors separately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy S7 case casesam

24 Jan 2016 07:47 PM
RE: Receipts for in program purchases by Berger6 in The Wave Pool

Could you also email the receipts to me ? Thank you firstly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy S7 cover casesam

20 Jan 2016 02:09 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

19 Jan 2016 01:16 PM
RE: Windows 10 Recommended Specs by dreece in Windows 10

Avarts, the only advise we can really offer is that you use the highest performing hardware you can afford. This doesn't just mean the video card, but also system memory, hard drive, etc. With the new unlimited background and effects layering capabilities of SongShow Plus 8.x, you can bring any system to its knees. On the other hand, recent advancements in on-board graphics make even the lower end machines an option for "basic" use.  Just understand that any hardware you have can be overloaded at some point. Also, when compatibility issues arise, we test with nVIDIA video cards, and those are the cards we recommend. 

There are also other factors that can affect computer performance, and various manufacturers may configure machines in ways that hinder performance. So with that said, I recommend that you check into the GoFishMedia machines. These are built specifically for multimedia presentation and are specially configured for use with SongShow Plus.

13 Jan 2016 12:01 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/04/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/04/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

07 Jan 2016 11:43 AM
Forum Closed by George in Windows 8

The purpose of this forum was to discuss issues related to SongShow Plus and compatibility with Windows 8.x.

This process has been completed and therefore this forum has been closed and locked. It will remain visible for reference purposes.

Any future issues related to Windows 8.x compatibility issues will be handled in the appropriate SongShow Plus version forums or by contacting the support team.

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

06 Jan 2016 06:00 PM
RE: Windows 10? by George in Windows 10

All,

I did a couple additional in-place OS updates to Windows 10 Pro and on one of them I did see this behavior.  

After examining what happened it appears that some info that is used to generate the Machine Key needed for activation (system info) was changed.

This not something that we can control so the prior noted work around will now be a recommendation on all OS upgrades.

Please take a look at Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10 for additional information.

05 Jan 2016 07:57 PM
RE: Powerpoint on Stage monitor by wotz in Version 8.1

I have the same issue. It's supposed to work but doesn't.

31 Dec 2015 06:02 PM
SongShow Synchronization by dreece in Feature Reviews

SongShow Plus 8.3 includes a new feature: SongShow Synchronization. This feature lets you more easily share media files across multiple projection and workstation machines. Learn more...

31 Dec 2015 10:27 AM
RE: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by akins in Version 8.2

I think that QuickVerse & Word Search have been purchased by Lifeway - perhaps some deal could be made with them.
Also the creator of Quick Verse has a good product , Pocket Bible, that runs on PC, Mac, phones, etc. and will use
previously purchased QV items, I think. Purchased Bibles are only about $10 each. How great it would be to have the same
Bibles available on your phone, PC, and SSP -- Wow!

30 Dec 2015 04:57 PM
RE: Presenting websites requiring cookies by dreece in Version 8.2

Interesting. SSP is not doing anything specifically to prevent the user of cookies -- at least not that I know of. As George mentioned, SSP uses IE as an embedded browser window.

21 Dec 2015 07:26 PM
RE: Print part of a slide show? by osborn4 in Version 8.2

I mean to delete the slides that you don't want, then print that slide show. I just suggested saving it to a scratch slideshow, so you don't mess up the full slide show.

That would allow you to print in fewer steps, I would think.

18 Dec 2015 09:05 AM
RE: More realistic snowflakes by akins in Tips & Tricks

Yeh, I do that also.

18 Dec 2015 09:04 AM
RE: copying backgrounds to slides in SSB by akins in Version 7

I'm still using vs. 7 until they fix the pan/zoom, but I will try vs. 8 as you suggest.
As always, thanks, Joel.

17 Dec 2015 05:45 PM
RE: Image/video file dialog not remebering as much by osborn4 in Version 8.2

It does take you to the last used folder. It just doesn't list the most recently (or frequently) used folders.

Minimize

SSP News

20 Jan 2016 02:09 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

13 Jan 2016 12:01 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/04/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/04/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

16 Dec 2015 01:10 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 12/11/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 12/11/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

15 Dec 2015 02:13 PM
Christmas Goodies on Sale! by dreece in Latest News

If you don't have your Christmas Goodies Collection yet, the plugin is on sale starting today for $25 through this Sunday! You can purchase this through by using the SongShow Plus menu command Update > Purchase Plug-ins, or through the SongShow Plus store, or call the sales line at (877) 458-6367.

15 Dec 2015 12:45 PM
FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by George in Latest News

Hello SongShow Plus Users.

As we prepare to move to the next version of SongShow Plus (Version 8.3 is in Preview now) we are interested to know how many of you are still using a deprecated legacy plug-in.  More specifically, we are interested in the ones related to Bible Translations and Song Databases.

Please go to the Version 8.2 forums and leave us your comments in the FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use post.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?