02 May 2016 09:58 PM
RE: Package to Go - Please fix this by rkresge in Version 8.2
Thanks for the update. This is a feature that I have used weekly for probably 4 or 5 years in SSP 7. I've found that I get grumpy after every major upgrade to SSP, because things that had worked for years suddenly no longer work. I do see the logic of what you describe; the frustration is that what worked for years suddenly no longer works.
The other 'glitch' was not actually a glitch, and is not worth additional mention. It was just figuring out how another feature works in 8.2, compared with SSP 7.
SSP 8.2 is going to take some adjustment; so far I would say that I'm not enjoying it, although it does work just fine. Ask me again a couple of months from now.
02 May 2016 12:04 PM
RE: Unable to link CCLI Account by George in Version 8.2
- Hi Robert - Sorry to hear about your difficulty with SongSelect.
There is a KB article that address this very issue. This most likely has to do with a system time zone or related setting that is causing an issue connecting to the SongSelect servers.
Please view this KB to resolve your issue.
Regarding the support issue - at some point in the hold time you should be able to leave a message and as a Platinum subscriber you will get priority for callbacks. I will bubble this up to the support team.
02 May 2016 11:11 AM
RE: Setting up latop without second monitor by George in Version 8.1
- This would be a great question for the support team.
I encourage you to contact them at your convenience while you are at the laptop and they should be able to get it sorted out for you.
27 Apr 2016 02:19 PM
RE: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by rkresge in Version 8.2
- Still very much using Online Bible - we have purchased 7 or 8 translations, and I'm not in a big hurry to have to buy something new to replace. Just reinstalled our projection machine from scratch in order to upgrade (finally) from Win XP, so it was finally time to upgrade from SSP 7 to 8.2. Of course had to also install SSP in order to get Online Bible to work. I guess this is a bit of an ugly solution, but I hope you continue at least this much support for Online Bible.
26 Apr 2016 04:50 PM
Does SongShow Plus work on Windows 10? (FAQ037) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs
- The first fully Windows 10 supported version will be SongShow Plus 8.3. Once version 8.3 is ready for production release it will have been run through a larger, more detailed battery of tests using Windows 10 in its current form. At that point we will consider version 8.3 ready for Windows 10 use. While some testing was done with version 8.2, we will not be fully testing previous versions of SongShow Plus with Windows 10 and suggest that these updates (Windows 10 and Version 8.3) occur at the same time.
If you choose to proceed with updating to Windows 10 on your SongShow Plus systems we will still take your feedback (this is always helpful) through the support team and this forum but keep in mind these issues may not be addressed right away.
Tips for Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10
- If you do an in-place update to Windows 10 from your current operating system we recommend that you deactivate SongShow Plus first, then update the OS, then re-activate SongShow Plus. This will ensure a smooth transition.
- If you do an update before deactivating and the license becomes invalidated, you can either use the temporary license offered and allow it to resolve itself or contact support before proceeding to allow them to assist you through the process.
- While there are no known issues at this time, we recommend that you do not operate SongShow Plus on a Microsoft Account login. We recommend using a local system account for using SongShow Plus.
Additional information may be found in the forums or in other KB articles if additional specific information becomes available.
26 Apr 2016 11:00 AM
RE: Vimeo play secrets needed by George in Version 8.2
- On a related note it can also depend on how the content was published and with what settings. We have encountered issues with both Vimeo and YouTube where the site prohibits playback of the content through a 3rd party link and requires playback directly on Vimeo/YouTube. I have seen this both with and without ads running on the video in question.
That said, it normally is pretty explicit giving a message along the lines of "You have to play this on our site" so this may not be your specific issue but may be related.
I would confirm that you can launch the video from an embed link created on the Vimeo site to make sure that works. If so contact support for further investigation.
Or just go the safe route and get a local copy of the video as suggested...
26 Apr 2016 09:07 AM
RE: Adding a page break to an imported song by akins in Version 8.2
- mfalk57 is correct. Set the global display settings/song layout/show to page-by-page.
23 Apr 2016 09:15 AM
RE: schedule countdown timer by iamgap in Version 7
As Dick said, they have to be clicked, which means someone has to be at the console to launch it.
If your SSP computer is connected to a network, that also has Wi-Fi, you can run the program from any device that has a web browser, so you don't have to be at the console. You do have to have a SSP version of Oct 2010 or newer.
18 Apr 2016 10:19 AM
RE: Multiple accounts by George in Windows 10
- sent. Let me know what works for you...
17 Apr 2016 08:00 AM
RE: Font for Songs by iamgap in The Wave Pool
- I guess we're boring too, as we also have Verdana. I find it is the easiest to read, and when people are reading and singing at the same time, you want it to be as easy as possible.
14 Apr 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Making back up copy of service by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2
- thanks! Will be trying it out this week
03 Apr 2016 05:47 PM
RE: Powerpoint on Stage monitor by chrismaca in Version 8.1
- Hi George,
Is there any update on this? I sent a support request a few months ago, no reply so far.
31 Mar 2016 07:14 AM
RE: V8 doesnt work with Cyrillic and Windows 10 by akins in Version 8.2
Do you think ill get same results?
Don't know, but it's an easy try and will give you another data point in any event.
28 Mar 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool
- Thanks Josh - sorry for the delay....
Also thanks for the clarification on the ID - I thought that looked "odd"
I dug into this a little and did confirm the issue with the input field.
Are you just trying to update so that you showing current on the ssplash forums for full access?
I can manually update this for you with an additional bit of info - what is the prefix (text before the @) for your email address?
18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription.
Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
- Synchronization Service
- Slide Scheduling
- Song Database Importer
- Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview)
Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.
09 Mar 2016 08:32 AM
RE: Online Bible Windows 10 by George in Version 8.2
- The Online Bible support is deprecated and requires SongShow Plus version 7 (latest build) to be installed to get the plugin to work.
SongShow Plus 8 UPDATE: To use any of these Bible plug-ins with SongShow Plus Version 8.x and newer, you must have SongShow Plus 7 installed on the same system. Licencing is not required but the components used are in the SSP 7 Installation. Since these are legacy deprecated programs the components are not included in newer versions of SongShow Plus.
What translations are you using? Please let us know if it is not offered through our store.
If you need more assistance with the Online Bible plug-in you can contact the support team.
02 Mar 2016 11:03 AM
Windows 10 and songshow by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2
- Has anyone updated to windows 10 and had no issues with songshow?
With the computer virus wiping everything out I am in the process of rebuilding and windows just tried to do an automatic update to windows 10 because I hadn't turned that off yet. I stopped it but I wondered if it was something I could just update now instead of waiting for the next version of songshow since all the other computers at church are already on Windows 10
02 Mar 2016 11:00 AM
RE: List of machines and projection licenses by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2
- Thanks. I am still waiting for them to deactivate this machine so I can reinstall it as a projection machine. I may have to try calling again because time is of great importance when a Sunday service is coming up.
01 Mar 2016 10:16 AM
RE: Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1
- OOPS ... sorry about the extra D in your name " src="http://www.ssplash.com/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/rtechnics_grey/emoticons/shocked.gif" />
23 Feb 2016 07:42 AM
RE: The evolution of this site! by akins in The Wave Pool
- Right. Maybe step back from ideal and be satisfied with practical. ;-)