28 Jul 2014 10:05 AM
RE: Video -- marking end point by George in Version 7
- It is not 100% clear what the cause is but we have observed this. There is a KB article (TS243) on this that includes some tips to address this. It is marked for further investigation but is fairly low on the priorities.
27 Jul 2014 08:39 PM
RE: Reload Song or Slide Show by deandip in Version 8.0
Posted By Michael Leach on 13 Jul 2014 11:45 AM
This is the same behavior I'm experiencing for any lyric changes after the upgrade from v7.
Upgrading from v7.0 I noticed that this is different behavior too. Further, after selecting 'Reload' I am finding that the changes are not apparent after a reload until you display something else, then come back to the reloaded item.
But, when it's a change to display settings like background, text size, or layout, the changes are immediate after hitting apply.
It's confusing that text/lyric changes doesn't take right away after applying, like it used to in v7, and I hope that functionality comes back.
Posted By George Taylor on 23 Jun 2014 01:03 PM Does this mean that lyric/text changes (that doesn't have to do with appearance) "updates on the fly" for some and not for others? Or could it be that it's appearance changes like size, color, or positioning that "updates on the fly" while text changes does not for everyone? I'm just wondering because if it's not the same for everyone, then maybe there's something that can be done on our end to fix it?
This is a topic that has been discussed a lot but basically there are times when the edits will automatically update and other times that it will not. there are lots of factors to this; what is edited, where it is edited, system state, etc. that will determine if it will update "on the fly" or not. some people report excellent luck with this, others not so much.
24 Jul 2014 08:10 AM
RE: migrating songs to a new computer by mike in Version 7
- I will be migrating in the next several weeks.. I plan to do the backup and restore as described for my song DB; but I am concerned about the Display Settings that I keep.
In the Songs DB, I have each song configured with display setting (e.g., an appropriate background, text colors that match). On the new machine, my media files will not have the same path (i.e., they won't be on the C drive). As I recall, when installing SSP, it does give me the option to choose where I want to store SSP data; I am hoping that, if I keep the relative file paths the same (from that point down) All of the reference media will be found when I spin up the new system.
Any suggestions to insure that this (or something like this) works?
24 Jul 2014 07:35 AM
RE: Using dual displays by mike in Version 8.0
- What I would do is configure the back wall display as a stage monitor that displays basic, 2 color songs.
I would then add the song that you want to display (to the choir) to the program, set the background to the video you want to display, but also set the font fill to the video (I don't recall the exact settings, but tweak it a little and you will get it, 'transparent' song text may also work). On the front the text will be there, but completely invisible, all you will see is video; on the back, you will have the song in basic text (e.g., white on black) for the choir.
BTW. I have a cheap A/B video switch for the back display (my stage monitor). I use that so that I can either show the pastor/worship team, exactly what is on the front or the basic B&W for music. Since it is only for the worship team and pastor, I am not concerned with smooth or faded transitions (it takes a second and is ugly). I would not use it on the front. I haven't played with SSP v8.1 yet, I am hopeful that it might eliminate the need for that switch.
24 Jul 2014 07:21 AM
Any tips for Solid State Drives (SSDs) configurations by mike in Windows 8
We are in the process of setting up a new projection PC; I ordered one with a Solid State Drive (SSD) for the boot drive and a Raid Mirrored Pair of HDDs for, basically, everything else (i.e., media, databases, etc.)
There is a lot of information around the internet for general SDD optimization (e.g., disabling prefetch and superfetch).
But I was wondering what advice people here might have for setting up a projection PC for optimal performance using an SDD
For example, the SDD I ordered is pretty large (512GB), I hope to install SSP (also pretty large) on it, but programs that I use less often, and don't need the SDD performance boost (e.g., software to convert video), I plan to install on the HDD. I haven't looked at MS Office configuration options yet, ideally, I'd like PowerPoint on the SDD and everything else on the HDDs -- I don't know if that is possible.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
22 Jul 2014 04:54 PM
RE: Song Import Not Working by agedmediafreak in Version 8.0
- I did work on this with Support and it was finally determined to be the inclusion of the song part 'Title' in the user defined song parts. With version 8 this song part is added to the import dialog window automatically and thus the user-defined item creates a duplicate. This can be removed by editing the song parts under preferences. The tech support person thought this might be bug that will be changed. Thanks for your input.
22 Jul 2014 03:29 PM
RE: Scripture Preview by George in Version 8.0
- That is interesting...
What version of OLB do you have installed?
22 Jul 2014 03:18 PM
RE: Legacy Song Databases by PastorTim in Version 8.0
- Thanks George, that was my first instinct but I couldn't find how to run a backup.
So the good news is that in SSP 8 the songs list was unpopulated. I have both hard drives connected and, as I said, SSP 7 on the secondary. In SSP 8 when I selected Songs and clicked on a letter to display songs, it came up and said something about rebuilding the database and all of our songs were there! Some of our special graphics came over when I selected an existing project. The only thing that is missing so far is slide backgrounds. I'm working on getting them ported over now.
"Slight" delay as Windows 7 had 36 updates to install before it would shut down. Taking a long time to get them done.
I'll update everyone when I get everything updated in case someone else has a similar question in the future.
22 Jul 2014 12:03 PM
RE: Fonts not rendering by George in Version 8.0
- Thanks Dave,
Can you give me a list of the fonts that you observed this bad behavior on and the style that had to be applied please?
I checked the one you specifically mentioned (Braddon) via download since it is not a "standard" font.
I found that the one I downloaded called "Braddon Regular" (from fontpalace) worked as expected. I also found that I was able to successfully apply bout the Bold and Italic treatment and it worked as expected.
Where did you get your font from and is it specifically labeled bold or italic? I did a search and did not come across a True Type version of Braddon that was not "Regular".
Please elaborate and send me the others that you have found this behavior on.
22 Jul 2014 11:32 AM
RE: Adding Service Section or Service Item by George in Version 8.0
- RE: Service Elements/Items
There are some changes in SongShow Plus 8 regarding these items.
I am verifying a few things and will get back to you on these changes.
21 Jul 2014 09:10 PM
RE: Triple-Wide Support Questions by dreece in Version 8.0
I'd like to answer these questions. Before I do, however, I need clarification on something. When you say "triple head video card", do you actually mean a video card that has three output ports (three heads), or are you referring to the Matrox TripleHead2Go card which connects to a single output port of a video card and makes it look like a triple wide display and which, itself, has three output ports. You probably mean the former, but if you are actually referring to the TripleHead2Go, then I need to know that because it affects the answers.
21 Jul 2014 06:53 PM
RE: Transferring Purchased Bible Translations from v7 to v8 by dreece in Version 8.0
- When you license the new machine for version 8, the licenses for the Bible plug-ins will be included.
21 Jul 2014 10:13 AM
RE: How do I remove a SongShow Plus License From a Machine? (FAQ009) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs
The links to this tool have been removed.
If you need to remove a Version 7 License, please contact the support team.
19 Jul 2014 05:58 PM
RE: New SSP8 System by osborn4 in The Wave Pool
- I've only had trouble with 2 of the 2 Dells I've run SSP on. But that was years and years ago.
19 Jul 2014 05:54 PM
RE: Inspector panels disappearing by osborn4 in Version 8.0
- The latest release has fixed his.
Now if they could just get it to remember the last image file I used when setting backgrounds or inserting graphics into a slide show.
17 Jul 2014 04:02 PM
RE: Planning Center Online Import by akimball in Feature Reviews
- This is a great feature! Will there be any other implementations for competitors of PCO like WorshipPlanning.com?
10 Jul 2014 10:12 AM
Version 8.1 Preview Release - 07/03/2014 by George in Latest News
A new Preview
release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 07/03/2014
has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.
New features of Version 8.1
- Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
- Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
- Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
- Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
- Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
- Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum
Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus
07 Jul 2014 01:22 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 07/02/2014 Build by George in Latest News
A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 07/02/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.
There have been a few corrections and changes to this build.
- Fixed problem where audio track files in programs were not being included in a Package-to-Go.
- Fixed problem that caused bullet characters to be rendered with the incorrect color in some cases.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.
Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus
07 Jul 2014 12:38 PM
RE: Display properties missing by osborn4 in Version 8.0
- The confusing part is why there are song specific properties in the general display properties.
I have unchecked the properties under song and loaded my defaults in general and it seems to be working as designed.
07 Jul 2014 12:16 PM
RE: Freezing when using bigger slideshows by gatewaycrc in Windows 8
- Some of the specs are:
Windows 7 Professional
Model: HP Compaq Pro 6300 MT
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@3.40 GHz
Installed Memory: 8 GB
System type: 64 bit operating System
With some of the slides I am using moving backgrounds - 3 and I don't use any transitions
I will do a virus scan and check if the anti virus is scanning the file.