26 Jun 2016 06:45 PM
RE: Bug? by akins in Version 8.2
- That should be "Please add the suffixes ..."
24 Jun 2016 03:21 PM
RE: copyright & CCLI number separator? by akins in Version 8.2
- Right, I found that out. I still have to remove all my separators, but I will do them
as I come to them. The separate line is a nice addition. I hope sometime that
the title and author lines will permit returns to enhance formatting.
24 Jun 2016 12:14 PM
RE: Media Control Panel by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2
- Thanks for the reply. I had the same issues as you where it pointed to an nonexistent monitor and showed three monitors when only two were displayed. It is amazing how something as simple as changing a monitor can affect so many things.
I went to setting>display
Presenter window says standard placement and display device is 1
Display window 1 says display device and display device is 2
There is no third monitor
Still not having the media control panel work. I am going to have to make the phone call
I tried removing the monitor but the computer still says there are three monitors. I am so regretting the changing of the monitor.
20 Jun 2016 02:31 PM
RE: Cannot reinstall SSP after uninstall... "unable to copy installation data to local folders" by George in Windows 10
- This sounds like a permissions issue. I assume that the message is coming from SSP and not Windows, correct?
Also keep in mind that 8.2 and 8.3 can be installed at the same time so there is no need to uninstall. Check the program files folders for permissions.
If this persists you can contact the support team for help.
10 Jun 2016 01:05 PM
RE: Clear Display Hotkey doesn't work on Remote by cegarrett in Tips & Tricks
- Found it! Autohotkeys (https://www.autohotkey.com/) to the rescue again.
08 Jun 2016 07:44 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 05/28/2016 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 05/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription.
Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
- Synchronization Service
- Slide Scheduling
- Song Database Importer
- Amplified Bible scripture text available for sale
Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.
08 Jun 2016 02:12 PM
SongShow Plus stopped working when running PPT file (TS285) by George in Troubleshooting
SSP may or may not generate an error message and stop working or crash after presenting (or attempting to present) a PowerPoint slide show.
It is currently unknown what is causing this but it seems to occur with newer version of PPT in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. After some research it appears that this may be caused by a mandatory Windows update when using PPT 2013 and 2016.
It appears that the crash only occurs once per Windows session. If the user launches SSP, presents a PPT causing the bad behavior this seems to allow the PPT to work after the user re-starts SSP. This typically does not reoccur until the user restarts Windows. We are still investigating.
07 Jun 2016 04:55 PM
RE: Online Planning Center Integration by flooder in Version 8.2
- Has anyone found a way to have your PCO services show up chronologically when you go to import them? We often have 6-8 months ahead and they show up in a random order.
29 May 2016 10:34 AM
Strange Behavior by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- So something strange happened to our V8.1. I did a windows upgrade to Win 10, then rolled it back to Win 7 cause were not quite ready to on our main PC. So what has happened now is that the video's folder is not working correctly. It will only show whats is the main directory for files, it doesn't list any subfolders that we have in the directory. All the other folders like slideshows, audio, ect... show the sub folders properly. The video folder is the only one not working all of a sudden. There has been no changes to the file system or changes to permissions on folders. I just did the win 10 upgrade to lock in the upgrade but then immediately rolled it back to win 7 without any changes to the system.
I will try installing a newer version of SSP to see if that fixes our problem, just found it very strange that this has happened.
25 May 2016 01:12 PM
RE: Prevent Windows 10 upgrade by osborn4 in Windows 10
- Actually, your post is what prompted me to post this. Hopefully it will pay off for someone else.
I just ran Never10 on my father in law's laptop last night. At 90, the last thing he needs to do is go through another Windows upgrade.
24 May 2016 12:36 PM
SSP Display setting for Minimize Window have no effect (TS284) by George in Troubleshooting
When setting the Minimize Window option in the display settings, it does not work exactly as expected.
This is expected behavior at this time.
When the option "Minimize Window" is selected for the first display, it will make all the displays of SongShow Plus act as one when minimizing.
The controls imply that this option will be applied individually, allowing some to minimize while others will not. That is not the current behavior.
At this time there is no work around or correction. The issue is under investigation.
24 May 2016 11:32 AM
RE: SongShow Plus locks up after using PowerPoint by osborn4 in Windows 10
- Too late for Dick, but here is a great piece of freeware called Never10 that will prevent your Windows 7/8.1 machine to Windows 10, until you turn the upgrade back on.
16 May 2016 09:52 AM
RE: Rebuilding Indexes by George in Version 8.2
- This can be caused by a few things but the most common is an issue with the song titles.
Go to the Tools > Database Utilities > SongShow Plus > Fix-up Song Titles and run that.
This may fix the issue but if not, contact the support team for further investigation.
09 May 2016 02:33 PM
RE: Windows 10 and songshow by mfalk57 in Version 8.2
- I've been running SongShow with Win 10 since Win 10 came out and have not had any troubles whatsoever. I allow automatic updates as well. No issues. None. Time to upgrade!
09 May 2016 01:29 PM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool
- Great - thanks. That is what I needed to get you updated.
You should show as current on the forums now. You should also get an email on the update.
This update should give you access to all the Current Subscriber sections of the forums.
09 May 2016 01:21 PM
RE: Stage Display output by George in Version 8.2
- Yes you can...
Assuming the standard setup, the settings used for Display 2 will be shown on the Stage Display.
Check your Stage Display settings and see what the Target Display is set to. That is the Slide Properties that you need to adjust.
If you set these properties the same as your Presentation Display you should get the same result. To your case, set the Song Text Layout > Build Options > Display Lyrics to Page by Page.
06 May 2016 11:03 AM
RE: Making back up copy of service by osborn4 in Version 8.2
- I do a package to go to the network share drive and to the google drive. That backs up everything you need for that program.
06 May 2016 10:50 AM
RE: Font for Songs by osborn4 in The Wave Pool
I've got two that I absolutely love. They are bold, crisp, tall and skinny. They are especially good for a 4:3 projector, because you can fit more words on a line and don't have to break up flow of the song as much.
and the slightly more rounded H.H. Samuel http://www.dafont.com/h-h-samuel.font
I think it will be a long time before I use anything other than Gnuolane for lyrics.
06 May 2016 10:32 AM
RE: Vimeo play secrets needed by osborn4 in Version 8.2
- Another vote for getting it local. If they have "subscribed" to this server, it may be worth contacting them and seeing if they have a download options.
06 May 2016 10:25 AM
RE: Setting up latop without second monitor by osborn4 in Version 8.1
Make sure you have the projector on and powered up before you start up SSP. that has made all the difference in the times I've been in this situation.
What happens when you hit display and it doesn't show up on the projector? Does it show up in a windows in the SSP control panel?