Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

20 Aug 2017 07:50 AM
RE: DAX Error by iamgap in Version 8.3

I will try to find time to upgrade to 8.4, but a trace file help?

I am basically using 8.0 to select background images, and then opening the SSB in 8.3 to add in the countdown and saving it with 8.3 file name. That way I have an 8.0 version that I can edit and an 8.3 version that I can display with a countdown timer.

14 Aug 2017 01:35 PM
RE: SSP 8.4 with PPT Office 2016 by George in Version 8.4

Do you have SSP 8.3 on the same system and did it work there?

I suggest contacting the support team so they can take a look.

Typically the red X means one of two things - a supported version of PPT is not installed or the PPT file is not readable.

14 Aug 2017 01:33 PM
RE: SongSelect by George in Version 8.4

Marvin,

Both of these functions work in 8.4 and did work in 8.3 previously.

My suggestion is to contact support if you are having specific issues with song importation so that they can take a look and resolve on your system.

FYI - there are a couple of KB articles on this so you may want to take a look there as well.

09 Aug 2017 05:30 PM
Version 8.4 Production Release UPDATE - 08/09/2017 by George in Version 8.4

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus version 8.4 dated 08/09/2017 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download. 

If you have any issues with this production release, please contact the support team for assistance.  You can also discuss issues in this forum but this may delay assistance.

Updates in this build of Version 8.4 are: 
  • Accommodated a change made by Shift Worship which broke SSP's access to the service.
  • Various minor bug fixes.

New features of Version 8.4 are:

NEW - SongShow Drive
  • Collaborate Better - New integrated cloud storage solution in SongShow Plus allows file sharing between two or more machines.
  • User Friendly App allows for local and cloud file browsing and sharing in one place.
  • App allows for file management on both local and cloud
    • Add, Delete, Move, Upload and Download content.
NEW - Audio Chains
  • Extend Audio Use - New feature allows user to create a chain of audio files.
  • These audio chains can be applied the same way as individual audio files.
  • This can be found in the Audio Tracks menus:
    • Creator
    • Package Restore
    • Also in the Send To... menus
NEW - Online Services Selector
  • Eliminate Menu Clutter - New feature allows user to manage the appearance of the Online Services for 3rd Parties.
  • Change settings to only showing the services that you use.
  • Under Settings > Online Services...
NEW - WMV Video Playback Improvements 
  • Improved Playback - Update to address a recurring WMV video playback issue with corrupt videos.
  • This correction addresses the issue documented in KB TS223.

NEW - Windows 10/PowerPoint improvements
  • Better PowerPoint Behavior - Changes to address some of the Windows 10 1607 build PowerPoint issues.
  • This correction addresses the issue documented in KB TS285.
    • If you had employed the workaround of disabling high-end graphics to use PowerPoint, this update will allow you to re-enable it.
    • Follow the steps in KB TS292 to re-enable high-end graphics.
  • Improved Windows 10 Support
New - Improved Mobile Control App for Android
  • Take Control of All Displays - This new app will allow the control of all enabled displays rather than just the primary Display.
  • This new app provides three mobile control functions for SongShow Plus: Remote Control, Current Program Control, and Stage Monitor. 
  • You can download the new SongShow Mobile Control app from the Google Play Store at this link or search the Google Play Store for "SongShow Mobile Control" on your device. Android version 4.0 and up are supported.
NEW - Package to Go Enhancements
  • Transport Easier - The addition of the "Send To..." menu option makes Package To Go easier
    • Package Slide Shows right from the SongShow Plus media panel
  • Package options added for individual media
    • Songs
    • Video Chains
Look for additional details on these features to follow in the blog.

Additional Bug fixes and improvements are also included:
  • Corrections to Chromex and Color Search
  • Improvements to ordering of Planning Center Online plans
  • Enhanced startup error messaging
  • Bible Search improvements
  • Other bug fixes

Thank You for your interest in SongShow Plus

09 Aug 2017 05:09 PM
Version 8.4 Production Release - 08/09/2017 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 08/09/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Accommodated a change made by Shift Worship which broke SSP's access to the service.

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.4 Features!
    NEW - SongShow Drive
    NEW - Audio Chains
    NEW - Improved Mobile Control App for Android

Details can be found in the Version 8.4 subscriber forum.

09 Aug 2017 02:44 PM
RE: Question about fixes and/or improvements in 8.4 by KingsleyUMC in Version 8.4

Comments from another user:
1. I have disable the start animation through preferences in previous version.
4. Here, here! I thought it was frustrating it couldn't default to the proper directory for programs, slides, etc..

Addition:

6. Not an 8.4 problem but a web page problem. When initially signing in to be able to download I receive a warning about your certificate. Pops up with Kaspersky(security software), Firefox browser, and Chrome browser. Of course they ask you ad naseum if you want to proceed and make you feel like an idiot if you do but hey you need to live on the wild side every so often.
7. When I pull up a PowerPoint file PowerPoint starts and nothing shows up on the screen. Solution right now is to create a slide show and then display the slide show.
8. Still having problems reading a song in from PowerPoint. This started with version 8 and the solution is to keep an SSP v7 around. The PPT files, PowerPoint version 1 files, are ancient. I have brought them up in PowerPoint, saved them as pptx file and tried converting them fro ppt to pptx online with negative results. I'll just keep SSP7 around when the worship team picks a hymn I haven't converted to a song.

SSP if you want me to start a new thread for 6, 7, and 8 let me know .

Tim Goldsmith
Kingsley UMC
Kingsley, MI

09 Aug 2017 12:59 PM
RE: how do I add an audio tract to a song by akins in Version 8.4

There was a nice discussion in February about this question. It is important to understand the priority of the
settings made at various places -- otherwise you will be forever finding your setting missing, changed, or
incorrect. Search "So many ways to change settings" and look particularly at George's detailed response.
There's 2 pages of replies, so make sure you follow the trail!

08 Aug 2017 12:27 PM
RE: SSB by dreece in Version 8.4

There is additional functionality that is not available using the old layout, and more will come, which will just make the old layout even more cluttered.

07 Aug 2017 02:17 PM
RE: Activation problem - again by George in Version 8.4

Alister,

Of those items you mentioned, only the network may affect this.  More specifically, the network adapter.

Are you enabling/disabling an internal network adapter or adding/removing an external network adapter to get this to work?

If so that is probably the issue.

Try this regarding the network - even if it is not used at the church (since you have no internet) enable whatever you were using to connect at home and see if that works.

Or the best thing is to contact support for an offline activation.  They can generate an Unlock Code for you that matches your "At Church" configuration that you can manually enter in the "I have received an Unlock Code" step in the activation process.

07 Aug 2017 09:44 AM
RE: Unable to play certain WMV video files. (TS223) by George in Troubleshooting

UPDATE:
This bad behavior in the videos was addressed and is available in the production release of SongShow Plus version 8.4.

If this behavior is observed after updating to Version 8.4 please contact support for additional review.

04 Aug 2017 02:42 PM
RE: Planning Center Online plans do not appear in order (TS301) by George in Troubleshooting

UPDATE:
This was resolved and is available in the production release of SongShow Plus version 8.4.

01 Aug 2017 09:31 AM
Version 8.4 Production Release - 07/29/2017 by George in Version 8.4

The PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus version 8.4 dated 07/29/2017 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download. 

If you have any issues with this production release, please contact the support team for assistance.  You can also discuss issues in this forum but this may delay assistance.

New features of Version 8.4 are:

NEW - SongShow Drive
  • Collaborate Better - New integrated cloud storage solution in SongShow Plus allows file sharing between two or more machines.
  • User Friendly App allows for local and cloud file browsing and sharing in one place.
  • App allows for file management on both local and cloud
    • Add, Delete, Move, Upload and Download content.
NEW - Audio Chains
  • Extend Audio Use - New feature allows user to create a chain of audio files.
  • These audio chains can be applied the same way as individual audio files.
  • This can be found in the Audio Tracks menus:
    • Creator
    • Package Restore
    • Also in the Send To... menus
  • Eliminate Menu Clutter - New feature allows user to manage the appearance of the Online Services for 3rd Parties.
  • Change settings to only showing the services that you use.
  • Under Settings > Online Services...
  • Improved Playback - Update to address a recurring WMV video playback issue with corrupt videos.

• Better PowerPoint Behavior - Changes to address some of the Windows 10 1607 build PowerPoint issues.
  • This correction addresses the issue documented in KB TS285.
    • If you had employed the workaround of disabling high-end graphics to use PowerPoint, this update will allow you to re-enable it.
    • Follow the steps in KB TS292 to re-enable high-end graphics.
  • Improved Windows 10 Support
New - Improved Mobile Control App for Android
  • Take Control of All Displays - This new app will allow the control of all enabled displays rather than just the primary Display.
  • This new app provides three mobile control functions for SongShow Plus: Remote Control, Current Program Control, and Stage Monitor. 
  • You can download the new SongShow Mobile Control app from the Google Play Store at this link or search the Google Play Store for "SongShow Mobile Control" on your device. Android version 4.0 and up are supported.
  • Transport Easier - The addition of the "Send To..." menu option makes Package To Go easier
    • Package Slide Shows right from the SongShow Plus media panel
  • Package options added for individual media
    • Songs
    • Video Chains
Look for additional details on these features to follow in the blog.

• Other bug fixes

31 Jul 2017 09:45 PM
Audio Chain by dreece in Feature Reviews

SongShow Plus 8.4 includes a new feature: Audio Chain. Read more...

31 Jul 2017 03:18 PM
Version 8.4 Production Release - 07/29/2017 by dreece in Latest News

This initial Production release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 07/29/2017 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.4 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.4 details can be found in the Version 8.4 support forum.

Note that the production releases of the new mobile control app and SongShow Drive apps for non-Windows platforms are expected in the next few weeks. More information is coming on the new Slide Show Artisan feature. Stay tuned!

31 Jul 2017 01:01 PM
RE: Upgrade help? by George in Version 8.3

First the most obvious....

Check for updates in the User Guide in SSP and then search in the KB and Forums area on the topics.

Second,
Contact the support team.  Many things are hard to pin down in a search, so contacting the support team to "Talk it Out" is many times the best way to go.

I can generally say this...
The transition from 7 to 8 will have a few hurdles in both control and terminology (as you mentioned) but once you have that it should be fairly straight forward.  Also while compatibility and conversion are attempted to make the move as painless as possible, there may be some glitches in prepared content.  These range from simple to complex so I won't attempt to list them but it is a good idea to review all content that you intend to continue using going forward to make sure they behave as expected.

Regarding sharing - that too can mean many things.  Are you just wanting to take some content from a workstation to a projection machine or do you actually what to share it all real-time.  This is something that you can discuss with support.  They will discuss with you your goals and then guide you to the best solutions.

23 Jul 2017 06:33 AM
Handwriting animation by iamgap in Version 8.3

At one time I remember a conversation about a handwriting animation. I have search the forum and couldn't find it. Was this a wishlist that didn't gain traction, or am I imagining things?

I currently have a slide with about 30 entries in it to imitate typing in the phrase, having a handwriting animation would make updating that slide MUCH easier. Am I the only one interested in this animation?

23 Jul 2017 06:08 AM
RE: Timers Q & How/where to integrate Planning Center Online with SSP? by iamgap in Version 8.3

Posted By yehoshua on 03 Jul 2017 12:45 PM

Regarding to your second question: I was just working on a way to make it work.

We only use two "displays" in SSP: main projection (16:9) and stage display (4:3). I resized the stage display to only 70% height (so it's now approx 16:9). Then, I turned on "Display Window 3" in SSP.

I set Display Window 3 to have the top edge at 70% on the same monitor output as the stage display, and only 30% height.

Then, I added a web link to PCO Live in SSP. PCO help pages have instructions for the URL leading to the latest program, and that's what I linked. (Something to the effect of https://services.planningcenteronline.com/service_types/124844/plans/before/today/live with a different number for your "Service Type".)

Then you just have to select display "3" on the Media Files panel (or add it to a Program for display 3), and present it.

I hope this helps! It's a pain, but I think it works.

Josh

Genius!!

Since we don't use PCO, I'd have to create some form of locally hosted webpage, but that would be great! I also have never thought of using two SSP "Displays" on one "windows display" output. Now I just need to get a second video card and set up a stage display.

I have never toyed with multiple displays and a program for each display. How do you run them at the same time?

gap

19 Jul 2017 01:22 PM
Version 8.4 Candidate Release - 07/18/2017 by George in Latest News

This initial Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 07/18/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

This release is getting close to production so now is the time to take a look at all the new features and additional improvements.  Remember, you can install this along side your existing version and avoid disrupting your production environment. 

This build has numerous Bug fixes included.

Previous build additions:
  • Audio Chains
  • Online Services Selector
  • WMV Video Playback Improvements
  • Windows 10/PowerPoint Improvements
  • New Mobile Control App for Android
  • New SongShow Drive!
    • Try out our new integrated cloud storage solution in SongShow Plus
  • Package to Go Enhancements

SongShow Plus 8.4 - Candidate Release 07/18/2017 by George in Version 8.4

The first Candidate release of SongShow Plus version 8.4 dated 07/18/2017 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download. 

This is a Candidate release, which means that it isn't at "Production" status yet but we are getting close. This release is feature complete and has gone through regression testing, however this may not catch every scenario. The purpose of the release is to let you look at the new features, prepare for the transition to this build and offer feedback.
We are still working through some bugs and defects but if you encounter any problems using a feature - new or existing - please post a question about it on this forum right away. If you have a bug, question or comment, please start a new thread so they can be tracked individually. 

Remember, you can install this along side your existing version and avoid disrupting your production environment. 

This build includes bug fixes for issues in the newly added features:
  • SongShow Drive
  • Audio Chains
  • Improved Mobile Control App for Android

• Other bug fixes

18 Jul 2017 10:44 AM
cannot navigate file locations for the Acquire Media From... zip files (TS303) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When trying to import media files from a zip file, the user is unable to navigate to the location of the zip file. 

Possible Cause:
If the file is not in the root of the available directories it will not be detected. This is currently by design.  The tool will automatically scan the root of all directories for a zip file and display them in the source list.  The current design does not search beyond the root.  In most cases users drop zip files on the desktop or insert a thumb drive with the zip file and in these cases the tool works as expected.

Solution: 
Ensure that zip files are at the root of the directory that they are placed (ie, Desktop, attached drives or USB devices) to allow them to be detected. 

(TS303)

Minimize

SSP News

09 Aug 2017 05:09 PM
Version 8.4 Production Release - 08/09/2017 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 08/09/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.4 Features!
    NEW - SongShow Drive
    NEW - Audio Chains
    NEW - Improved Mobile Control App for Android

31 Jul 2017 03:18 PM
Version 8.4 Production Release - 07/29/2017 by dreece in Latest News

This initial Production release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 07/29/2017 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.4 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.4 details can be found in the Version 8.4 support forum.

Note that the production releases of the new mobile control app and SongShow Drive apps for non-Windows platforms are expected in the next few weeks. More information is coming on the new Slide Show Artisan feature. Stay tuned!

Version 8.4 Candidate Release - 07/18/2017 by George in Latest News

This initial Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 07/18/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

This release is getting close to production so now is the time to take a look at all the new features and additional improvements.  Remember, you can install this along side your existing version and avoid disrupting your production environment. 

This build has numerous Bug fixes included.

• Audio Chains
  • New SongShow Drive!

07 Jul 2017 11:26 AM
Version 8.4 Preview Release - 07/06/2017 UPDATE by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 07/06/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

NEW - Audio Chains

• New feature allows user to create a chain of audio files.
  • New feature allows user to manage the appearance of the Online Services for 3rd Parties.
  • Changes to address a recurring WMV video playback issue with corrupt videos.
  • New SongShow Drive!

31 May 2017 02:40 PM
Version 8.4 Preview Release - 05/23/2017 UPDATE by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.4 dated 05/23/2017 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

NEW - Windows 10/PowerPoint Improvements
  • Changes to address some of the Windows 10 1607 build PowerPoint issues.
  • This correction addresses the issue documented in KB TS285.
  • New SongShow Drive!

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?