21 May 2015 03:20 PM
Version 8.2 TEST Release - 05/20/2015 Build by George in Latest News
- The first TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 05/20/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.
21 May 2015 01:05 PM
RE: Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1
- WOW!First time I can remember seven days of no activity on this site -- hope it's not an
indication of activity and interest.
11 May 2015 12:39 PM
RE: Video Stops Playing before it finishes by LamarM in Version 8.1
- it will be a couple of weeks before I can call support, I'm having eye surgery tomorrow and won't be able to even look at it for a few days.
08 May 2015 08:26 AM
RE: Entrance/exit effects in automatically advanced slides by akins in Version 7
I have started using text boxes with a single blank space as the first object
Thanks, Gary, good suggestion, I'll try it. We shouldn't have to invent workarounds for this stuff!
07 May 2015 07:30 PM
RE: muting text on slides, songs, etc. by iamgap in Version 7
I to have noticed this in the last few updates. I really wish they could fix this, or allow the mouse scroll wheel to scroll on a single row. That way I can quickly scroll to the last (blank in our case) slide and click it. It takes too much time, and is potential REALLY distracting if you grab the wrong slider, to grab the slider, visually watch for the slide, and then click the blank slide.
As an alternative, can the 'mute text' (asterisk) key be mapped to the blank slide the same way the "2" key is mapped to verse two?
07 May 2015 07:06 PM
RE: Copying slide backgrounds by akins in Version 7
- I haven't used themes, but will look into it. I just click background, then copy/paste, copy. I then go to the left-hand pane which lists all the slides in that show, use - or - which highlights the slides I want to copy to, and then, click paste all (or whatever). Trouble is, that only pastes to one of the highlighted slides -- crazy , but true! I don't know why you can highlight all the slides but not operate on all of them. I haven't tried this in version 8, so maybe they have fixed it.
04 May 2015 02:09 PM
RE: couldn't mute video by George in Version 8.1
- That is odd.
I would suggest getting with the support team so they can get that file and take a look.
01 May 2015 06:40 AM
RE: Audio file by jameststephens in Version 8.1
- Thanks Folks.
30 Apr 2015 06:29 PM
RE: Windows 10? by osborn4 in Windows 10
- The problem I had previously was that the text in text boxes in SSB was not scaled correctly.
For clearest display on an LCD, the resolution needs to be set to the panel's native resolution, which is 1920 x 1080. Also, my laptop that I use for creating slide shows and song shows, I also use to watch movies, so I like to have the resolution cranked up to full HD, even though it makes my windows controls and text a bit small on my 15.6" screen.
Windows 8.1 defaults it's desktop to 125%, so I can't be the only one that feels that way.
On my 23" full HD flat panel at church, the 100% rendering is fine.
30 Apr 2015 06:00 PM
RE: Slide Builder Toolbar Update by osborn4 in Feature Reviews
- I like the new look. Can't wait to try it.
30 Apr 2015 01:59 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 04/28/2015 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 4/28/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.
29 Apr 2015 10:04 AM
RE: Using Digital Juice Overlays by dreece in Version 8.1
- H.264 does not support an alpha channel.
17 Apr 2015 01:52 PM
User experiences a range check or parsing error with a program or slide show. (TS277) by George in Troubleshooting
When attempting to open a program from a previous version the user receives a "Problem Parsing..." error. This may also present as a range check, parsing error or general unexpected error with a program or an individual slide show being added to the program.
It has been found that older content from early Version 7 builds may have corrupted or incorrectly converted text elements in them that are causing this error. In each case the issue was related to a text box in a slide show, either added individually or a slide show that existed in an old program. The exact root cause is still unknown.
If the user creates the Program/Slide Show from scratch this issues will not occur.
If the user is able to determine the suspect slide show, the Text Box on the offending slide(s) can be identified, deleted and replaced as needed to resolve the issue.
15 Apr 2015 04:32 PM
Song text import from PPT fails (TS276) by George in Troubleshooting
When attempting to create a song via the Microsoft PowerPoint Importer, the user receives a message - "Unable to load PowerPoint text".
If the PowerPoint slides have any image objects in them it will prevent the text from being captured. This is only for objects - A properly set background image should not cause this issue.
This can be resolved by either removing the image objects altogether or setting it as a background if that is what was originally intended.
15 Apr 2015 04:19 PM
Song text import from PDF fails and SSP locks up. (TS275) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to import text from a PDF file for a song using the PDF Importer, the text is visible but when the import is attempted the song is not imported and SongShow Plus stops responding.
There is a new version of the Acrobat Reader called "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC", the latest version is 2015.007.20033.
With this installed and an attempt to import any text caused the condition.
If this is uninstalled and replaced with the prior version of the Acrobat Reader (11.xx) then it works as expected.
14 Apr 2015 07:36 AM
RE: data files in use by a newer verison of SongShow Plus by akins in Version 7
- I think that's a different "splash" screen. We're talking about on that comes up before SSP starts.
10 Apr 2015 01:48 PM
Templates or slides are slow to render or populate. (TS274) by George in Troubleshooting
When viewing templates or slides in the slide builder they are slow to populate, render or display. These may also display slowly in SongShow Plus from a program.
If templates or other slides contain embedded images, this will slow down the display process. This can change depending on several factors such as image file type or size.
When adding media content, images in this case, they should be referenced rather than embedded whenever possible to avoid this bad behavior.
06 Apr 2015 04:11 PM
RE: Issues playing mp3 by iamgap in Version 8.1
06 Apr 2015 09:58 AM
RE: Stage Display Question by George in Version 8.0
- The Stage/Main mirroring is only controlled through the set up -- there are unfortunately no more granular or toggle on/off settings for this that you can do "on the fly" mid service.
31 Mar 2015 10:51 PM
RE: Slow Loading by wotz in Version 8.1
- I do have it load the last program. I'll try it out tomorrow with it turned off.