20 Apr 2015 10:02 AM
RE: Windows 10? by George in Windows 10
- There have been a few specific issues on this addressed in the past but there has been no effort made to verify this compatibility. If you find/know about specific issues in this area, I encourage you to report them and we will evaluate on a case by case basis.
Regarding the setting in general my question is this...
What is the reason for the use of the setting in the first place? Just because higher resolutions are available does not mean they must be used.
Please clarify your use model so that we address this more fully.
18 Apr 2015 12:30 PM
Using Digital Juice Overlays by fire in Version 8.1
Does Songshow 8.1 support Digital Juice overlays rendered in Quicktime Move file format with the compression being Animation?
If I render them in Quicktime Move file format with the compression being H.264 I seem to lose the alpha channel.
I can get them to work using AVI (type 2) file format with no compression but the file size is huge. Any thoughts?
17 Apr 2015 01:52 PM
User experiences a range check or parsing error with a program or slide show. (TS277) by George in Troubleshooting
When attempting to open a program from a previous version the user receives a "Problem Parsing..." error. This may also present as a range check, parsing error or general unexpected error with a program or an individual slide show being added to the program.
It has been found that older content from early Version 7 builds may have corrupted or incorrectly converted text elements in them that are causing this error. In each case the issue was related to a text box in a slide show, either added individually or a slide show that existed in an old program. The exact root cause is still unknown.
If the user creates the Program/Slide Show from scratch this issues will not occur.
If the user is able to determine the suspect slide show, the Text Box on the offending slide(s) can be identified, deleted and replaced as needed to resolve the issue.
15 Apr 2015 04:32 PM
Song text import from PPT fails (TS276) by George in Troubleshooting
When attempting to create a song via the Microsoft PowerPoint Importer, the user receives a message - "Unable to load PowerPoint text".
If the PowerPoint slides have any image objects in them it will prevent the text from being captured. This is only for objects - A properly set background image should not cause this issue.
This can be resolved by either removing the image objects altogether or setting it as a background if that is what was originally intended.
15 Apr 2015 04:19 PM
Song text import from PDF fails and SSP locks up. (TS275) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to import text from a PDF file for a song using the PDF Importer, the text is visible but when the import is attempted the song is not imported and SongShow Plus stops responding.
There is a new version of the Acrobat Reader called "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC", the latest version is 2015.007.20033.
With this installed and an attempt to import any text caused the condition.
If this is uninstalled and replaced with the prior version of the Acrobat Reader (11.xx) then it works as expected.
14 Apr 2015 07:36 AM
RE: data files in use by a newer verison of SongShow Plus by akins in Version 7
- I think that's a different "splash" screen. We're talking about on that comes up before SSP starts.
10 Apr 2015 01:48 PM
Templates or slides are slow to render or populate. (TS274) by George in Troubleshooting
When viewing templates or slides in the slide builder they are slow to populate, render or display. These may also display slowly in SongShow Plus from a program.
If templates or other slides contain embedded images, this will slow down the display process. This can change depending on several factors such as image file type or size.
When adding media content, images in this case, they should be referenced rather than embedded whenever possible to avoid this bad behavior.
06 Apr 2015 04:11 PM
RE: Issues playing mp3 by iamgap in Version 8.1
06 Apr 2015 09:58 AM
RE: Stage Display Question by George in Version 8.0
- The Stage/Main mirroring is only controlled through the set up -- there are unfortunately no more granular or toggle on/off settings for this that you can do "on the fly" mid service.
31 Mar 2015 10:51 PM
RE: Slow Loading by wotz in Version 8.1
- I do have it load the last program. I'll try it out tomorrow with it turned off.
26 Mar 2015 10:05 AM
Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1
- This is one of my most-used advanced effects. The implementation has always been strange and that seems to have continued into vs. 8.1. In vs.7, it worked well but the multi-zoom input section was a little hard to get used to and difficult to use since the scroll ribbon moved to the left after the values were entered, thus requiring a good amount of scrolling just to set it up. I think that the changes for vs. 8.1 are even worse! First of all, what is "percent" zoom suppose to mean? For example, is 10% suppose to indicate that the image will be 110% the original size, or 10% (that is reduced to 1/10th the original). If my measurements are correct 10% actually means 200%, that is, doubled in size. I haven't made a measurement for "100% zoom," but it looks like an enormous magnification -- not doubled as one might reasonably expect. Even using "percent" is a poor choice when the "percent of what" isn't provided. The zoom multiplication factor, as in vs. 7, makes more sense and is easier to understand. Since this new "percent" is restricted to 0-100, how does one zoom out?
The other problem with the "new & improved" input procedure is that there can only be 2 intermediate points, whereas vs. 7 allowed more (I never checked the maximum allowed, but I believe I once used 4.)
All in all, it looks like a botched job at improvement. I hope I've missed some key instructions that make this a more reasonable effect.
22 Mar 2015 04:34 PM
RE: Locking Content on Stage Display by kladner in Version 8.1
- If you are only wanting to put a timer up you can use the instant message feature in the improv collection panel. I put a timer on the bottom right of the stage display using this feature every week.
19 Mar 2015 05:21 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 03/18/2015 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 3/18/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.
18 Mar 2015 06:05 PM
RE: Question about audio files by George in Version 7
- William - I did not see your other post - was this in Version 7? I was looking at the setting is Version 8.
That said, there are similar presets in V7 as well. In fact, you can go to Tools > Preferences > Program Panel and change the setting for that feature to No. Look for "Set Background to black..." - it is near the bottom of the first Page.
I have moved this post to Version 7.
18 Mar 2015 05:41 PM
RE: Importing Programs from Planning Center Online by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- Will there be a future upgrade to the import utility to import/download other items such as a PPT?
18 Mar 2015 01:54 PM
RE: PowerPoint 2013 runs maximized in the background when presenting in SongShow Plus by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- I have experienced problems when PP was in presenter view. I always have to make sure it is off before starting SSP.
17 Mar 2015 04:40 PM
RE: Installed 8.1 still showing 8.0 by Mark Smith in Version 8.1
- George, thank you for the information and help. It was exactly as you said.
12 Mar 2015 11:04 AM
RE: Download an older version by George in Windows 8
- I would recommend that you contact an admin at the church or other person that runs the worship that uses SongShow Plus and would be familiar with this.
They will know if they are current or intend to become current and they should also have the information you need. If not, a church contact would need to contact the support team to check up on this.
As previously stated you could use the current version of SSP by downloading from HERE, but if you must get an older version, the only way to get that is to log in with the church credentials and download from the ones that are available to that account.
06 Mar 2015 11:32 AM
RE: Environmental projection effects by dreece in Version 8.1
- At this time, what is sent to the environmental projection output is a mirror of the media item's background. There is no option to modify this in any way. We've considered some options to provide the capabilities you've requested since that would be helpful. In helping us determine please describe in a bit more detail what you would like to do with the environmental projection background. For instance, do you simply want to apply different effects to it or do you want a completely different background altogether. What effects do you want to use and why? Will a single set of independent settings be set on a per media item basis, or be applied to all media items presented?
06 Mar 2015 09:44 AM
RE: PowerPoint 2013 runs maximized in the background when presenting in SongShow Plus (TS231) by George in Troubleshooting
It was found that if users will un-check the "Use Presenter View" check box in the slideshow control tab that should control this behavior.