22 Oct 2016 03:35 PM
Organization of images and videos? by akins in Version 8.2
- In 8.2 it seems that images and videos are organized by type when the icon view is selected.
There may be some good reason for this, but I can't think of it. I look for media by name
and to have to scroll through an entire directory to find what I'm looking for is crazy (to me).
Usually I could care less whether I use a jpg, png, tiff, etc. and to look through multiple sections
just to find a named file isn't handy. It would be OK if you could select how the files are displayed,
but that doesn't seem to be the case - at least I haven't discovered it. A simple solution would be
to organize the icons according to the existing details view.
18 Oct 2016 08:37 PM
RE: song title on stage monitor? by akins in Version 8.2
- Thanks, George -- I had missed those "visible" check boxes " width="20" height="20" />
I want the timer that is being shown on a slide show -- I guess this is just a matter
of telling the stage monitor what I want.
17 Oct 2016 03:57 PM
RE: SSP won't load by w#nelson in Version 8.2
- Not easy to do via dial-up here in rural/remote VA...... will have to wait until I go to town during "MT business hours".
There is an "information" box that pops up, does that save a log file somewhere?
13 Oct 2016 10:19 AM
RE: tab bug?? by akins in Version 8.2
- different settings for many different text boxes
Yes, the operative word here is "many"
It might be nice to have a global default font setting -- a lot people, myself included, probably
have a favorite font which they use unless there is a call for something special. That global
font is now Arial since that's what you get unless changed somewhere.
I haven't gotten around to checking the font situation, but did look at the tabs.
In version 7,
when you select the tab size (quickly and easily via a right click in the edit window), it shows
up immediately both in the edit window and the slide preview screen. You can use the tab
to easily position text.
In version 8.2,
when you select the tab size (not so quickly or easily via "properties, click, click, etc."),
it does not show up in the edit window (it remains 1.0 there), but shows up correctly
in the preview panel. Almost impossible to use anything but 1.0 tab to position text,
since you can't see where the text will be.
There may be some logic behind this, but for now I call it a "bug."
13 Oct 2016 09:46 AM
ssp 8.2 is slow! by akins in Version 8.2
- I've known all along the vs 8.2 was much slower than vs. 7, but never realized exactly how slow.
Today I timed starting each program on a couple of different PCs. Here's a typical result:
Starting vs. 7 from start menu and answering question about another version being present; 8 sec.
Starting vs 8.2 from the taskbar ; 45 sec.
Wow! Five times.
One other thing I found out (painfully): don't answer "NO" to the vs. 7 question about continuing start up with
another version of ssp present -- the splash screen stayed up and the computer had to be hard booted to
kill it! Not fun. These two versions don't exactly play well together.
12 Oct 2016 01:36 PM
RE: A DAX Error occurs when launching the Live Video plug-in (TS092) by George in Troubleshooting
- The stand alone Live Video plug-in was deprecated. The Video Devices tab serves a similar purpose.
04 Oct 2016 01:00 PM
RE: Windows 10 and songshow by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2
- I missed the free upgrade but like already said I was able to upgrade by saying I use assistive technologies. Which they don't actually ask if you use. A grey area maybe or definitely?
I found it at this link
So far no issues besides not recognizing the second monitor but it still worked for Sunday so I am here now seeing if it is an easy fix
28 Sep 2016 04:32 PM
RE: SSP 8.3 and PPT by Yagabu in Windows 10
- Thanks for the update
27 Sep 2016 02:45 PM
Hands On Training Question by gatewaycrc in The Wave Pool
- Years and years ago here used to be an option to go to a conference to do hands on training but this was moved to videos online.
Is there any talk of doing any hands on training in the future?
Edited to add that 15 minutes after asking this my church agreed to let me upgrade the membership so I can see the videos so now I will do it that way :-)
26 Sep 2016 02:20 PM
Version 8.3 Production Release - 09/21/2016 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 09/21/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription.
Updates in this build of Version 8.3 are:
- Fixed problem with missing quotes in ESV text.
- Fixed problem when stage monitor is enabled but the target display is not enabled.
- Fixed problem where synchronized web folders are not included in backup/restore.
Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
- Synchronization Service
- Improved Signage control
- Slide Scheduling
- Song Database Importer
- Amplified Bible scripture text available for sale
Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.
26 Sep 2016 12:46 PM
RE: Planning Center Import Issues by George in Version 8.0
- Thanks John.
We may need to look into this more....
FYI - I did try this with my Android device and was able to import, though I did a pretty simple program.
Please confirm that both of your devices are Apple products and give me some additional details on what the changes are that you are making and the content of the program (songs/images/attachments etc) you are creating/editing.
This will go along way to replicating the issue but if this does not work, we may need to arrange for a remote to discuss further.
26 Sep 2016 12:12 PM
Windows 10 Users - Known issue with PPT and Windows 10 version 1607 by George in Latest News
- We have confirmed an issue with SongShow Plus, PowerPoint and the latest major update of Windows 10.
The latest major update to Windows 10 is release 1607, AKA the Anniversary Update. (FAQ037)
If this update has NOT been applied to your system, you should defer this update if possible.
If this update has been applied to your system, you will encounter issues using PowerPoint files in SongShow Plus.
The 2 known solutions at this time are:
- Roll back the Windows 10 1607 update to the previous version, 1511.
- Disable the High End Graphics support in SongShow Plus. (TS292)
We will continue to update as we learn more about this issue.
21 Sep 2016 10:06 AM
RE: PowerPoint file save occurs when closing SongShow Plus (TS232) by George in Troubleshooting
If the recommended settings are used in PowerPoint (KB TS293), this should not longer occur.
If this behavior persists, contact support.
21 Sep 2016 09:45 AM
PowerPoint settings for SongShow Plus (TS293) by George in Troubleshooting
- Microsoft PowerPoint can be used to display slide shows within SongShow Plus. In order for this to work as smoothly as possible, the follow PowerPoint settings are recommended:
PowerPoint 2013 and 2016
- Under the Slide Show monitor settings:
- Open PowerPoint and open any slide show.
- From the main ribbon select the Slide Show tab.
- In the section called Monitors, confirm the following:
- The Monitor selection is set to Automatic.
- The "Use Presenter View" option is un-checked.
Additional modifications may be recommended separately if needed in certain circumstances. Refer to individual KB articles for these situational settings.
Earlier versions of PowerPoint
- There may be specific settings used in certain circumstances. Refer to individual KB articles for these situational settings.
20 Sep 2016 03:32 PM
Turning off High End Graphics in SongShow Plus (TS292) by George in Troubleshooting
From time to time an issue that is discovered in SongShow Plus is related to the use of DirectX. This can be almost anything using hardware acceleration such as videos, effects, animations and even the use of PowerPoint.
The use of DirectX features is causing a problem in SongShow Plus.
Possible Temporary Solution or Troubleshooting:
Disable the high end graphics (HEG) (AKA - Full Graphics Mode) on all enabled displays. This can be disabled through the Tools menu or the Graphics tab in the Utilities Display Settings panel in SSP 7 or in the Display settings in SSP 8 following the steps below.
NOTE: If your issue has been resolved, you can re-enable high end graphics (HEG) by selecting the alternate option in the steps below.
- Close SongShow Plus.
- From the Programs menu open Programs > SongShow Plus > Utilities.
- Once the Utilities panel opens select Display Settings.
- Click in the Graphics tab.
- Uncheck the “Enable full graphics mode…” check box.
- Save and close the Utilities panel.
- Open SongShow Plus.
- From the main toolbar select Settings >Display...
- For each enabled Display Window do the following:
- Select the Display Window tab.
- Scroll down to the "Use GPU" section.
- Select "No" to disable the setting.
- Repeat with other enabled displays.
- Click OK to save and close.
- Restart SongShow Plus.
After you re-open SongShow Plus, see if it works as expected. If there is a confirmed issue, please report this to the Support Team.
NOTE: This will disable the use of DirectX for SongShow Plus and may affect the performance of SSP and the availability of certain effects. This may be acceptable if this particular system is to be used as a Workstation only.
19 Sep 2016 03:13 PM
PowerPoint and the Stage Display (TS291) by George in Troubleshooting
The SongShow Plus Stage Display does not show any content when displaying a PowerPoint slide show.
It is currently unknown what is causing this but it seems to only occur with PPT 2016 in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
At this time there is no viable work-around within PowerPoint. The user can convert PPT slides in the Slide Builder or create/duplicate the content in Slide Builder.
09 Sep 2016 01:59 PM
RE: Slide Scheduling by George in Feature Reviews
- Christopher - thanks for your feedback.
At this time, the granularity of the Slide Scheduling is to a date or day of the week rather than specific times. Because the state is only checked and set at run-time, changes that take place after the slideshow is running are ignored.
This is a first step into this feature. If it proves to be popular, there may be additional enhancements down the road.
07 Sep 2016 02:36 PM
Package To Go does allow destination selection (TS290) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to complete a PTG the process, the user is not able to select the destination - process hangs at that step.
There are incorrect or corrupted files in the Program.
Remove suspect files from program. Attempt PTG of different program for comparison. Remove program items one at a time to isolate bad file(s).
07 Sep 2016 12:20 PM
RE: Acer Predator 21 X by osborn4 in The Wave Pool
- And then a Ford F-150 to lug it around in. 8-)
07 Sep 2016 11:58 AM
SSP/SSB not responding or hangs while accessing or saving files (TS289) by George in Troubleshooting
When trying to access, Save or Save As a file in either SongShow Plus or Slide Builder, the application either shows Not Responding, goes to a white screen, has a long hourglass (wait time exceeding 10 miin) or crashes altogether.
There are incorrect or corrupted files in the data files path. These may exist in the root folder or other specific folder that the user is trying to access.
Isolate and delete corrupt or suspect files.
NOTE: if you are not comfortable with these steps, contact your IT specialist or our support team for assistance.
If you suspect there are corrupt or incorrect files you can try the following:
- Use File Explorer to open the SSP data files.
- Search the root and other folders for files that are fragments (no extension) - Isolate any files found by removing them from the SSP data tree.
- Search the root and other folders for files that do not belong (i.e. image files in the video folder) - Isolate any files found by removing them from the SSP data tree.
- Isolate all files by moving them to an alternate folder so there is a clean root folder.
If these steps do not identify a problem file, please contact the support team for further analysis.