31 Aug 2014 09:21 PM
RE: Song Text by akins in Version 7
Any word from anyone as to whether this is going to be returned and, if so, when?
I'm still using an old version because of this ;-(
31 Aug 2014 08:53 AM
RE: NKJV plugin is installed and enabled, but I can't access it by iamgap in Version 7
If you have the license, and it is installed, you also have to activate the license. You can do this by replicating the annual license renewal the SSP Utilities. Since we have internet access at the projection computer, I just choose the activate via the internet option. If you don't have internet access at the computer, I believe it will be included in the 'B Code' option.
31 Aug 2014 08:38 AM
RE: Workflow for using a seperate Workstation / Projection setup by iamgap in Version 7
Both what Joel and Dick said.
Use the Back up/Restore utility to copy all your files to an external Hard drive and restore them to the computers that need it. Then you can build a program on any computer that has SSP installed and use "Package to go" to transfer the program and any new content to your projection computer.
We use Drop Box, but I still make a thumb-drive copy of the package in case the DSL is down.
Doing a backup/restore is not required (but is helpful if you want to avoid downloading previously acquired files), as the package to go will import new items (from picture and videos to songs and slideshows).
30 Aug 2014 07:46 PM
RE: Any way to force 16:9 when using a 4:3 display by woalcc in Version 7
- Hi, to solve the problem you need to covert your video from 16:9 to 4:3, so you will need a video converter program. I normally use a mac, but in order to convert videos over, i go back and use a pc.
I use a software call avs4you, its a video converter program, its pretty easy to use and its cheap. If you have it, do the following steps and it should work. if you dont have it normally you can get it online for about $60 - but as always go to that website and not a second hand website, and do not add it all of the extras just get the video stuff you may need. i've been using it for about 3 years off and on and had no problems.
1 open the avs video converter
2. drag and drop the video file that you are needing to convert into the open window
3 at the top, make sure you select covert to avi
4 locate the tap "aspect correction" middle more so on the left side and click it
5 under the "input video aspect correction" - change it to 4:3 - you should be able to see a preview of everything you are doing.
6 if that doesn't work select "custom" change it to 5:4 or 6:6 or play around with it to get it to fit
29 Aug 2014 01:54 PM
RE: PowerPoint Locked to Display Screen & Playback Issue. by LamarM in Version 8.0
- same thing happened to me this last Sunday using 8.1, I finally had to remove the powerpoint presentation to get it where I could display anything else.
29 Aug 2014 12:45 PM
RE: Too Many Display Monitors!? by PastorTim in Version 8.0
- Doug, it was confusing no matter what!! I think we use "display" and "monitor" interchangeably in most non-technical contexts. Then throw musicians in the mix and "monitor" has another meaning for them.
I appreciate SSP working to clear this up. Now that I know what you're looking for, I'll keep my eyes opened.
29 Aug 2014 09:17 AM
RE: Installed Bible conflicts with scripture slide show display by dreece in Version 8.0
Regarding the NLT: I'm not familiar with what you are referring to. Can you give a few examples of verses that demonstrate the problem?
Regarding the text size: I think I recall something about this. I'll check into it as well.
28 Aug 2014 02:53 PM
Version 8.1 Test Release - 08/25/2014 by George in Latest News
- A new Test release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 08/25/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.
This test release is feature complete and should be free of egregious errors. Please take this opportunity to check out this build before it goes to production status.
There have been a few corrections in this build:
- All bug fixes from the previous 8.0 updates have been incorporated.
- Memory leak in Slideshow Builder was corrected.
- File selection location and window size changes are preserved.
- Several documentation corrections were made.
As a reminder the new features of Version 8.1 are:
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum.
- Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
- Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
- Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
- Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
- Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
- Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus
28 Aug 2014 11:46 AM
RE: Can I automate the elements in the program window. by TimothyPaul in Version 8.0
- Ya - I have the app on my Iphone but the facility does not have network access.
27 Aug 2014 03:10 PM
RE: Alongside Version 7 by George in Version 8.0
- Sounds like you are good.
Thanks for the info.
27 Aug 2014 08:56 AM
RE: Motion background issues by George in Version 7
It seems that you have a few things going on that are unrelated...
First, the Version 8 installation error:
What Version 8 build was this that you installed on your new laptop?
You said it was new so I assume that no versions of SongShow Plus had previously been installed - is that correct?
For this I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing the latest build of Version 8. If this does not resolve the issue contact the support team so we can take a look.
Second, the package to go issue with Motion Background:
It seems that in this case since you installed V7, you are restoring a package that was created in V7 on your old system to another V7 installation. As far as I know there are know issue with this process and the display properties. You seem to be indicating that it was not originally set this way and that it should be an image background instead - is that right?
There could be a few reasons for this... You stated it is a program so it is possible that your default properties are overriding what you expect in the program. Keep in mind that for programs, unless you have specific properties set in the program itself or the items, it will always take the default global properties. Also in V7 backgrounds, motion takes precedent over image so if they are both set you will only see motion.
Third, the package is missing image(s):
As you mentioned, if the images were embedded rather than linked they should be there regardless. That said once a file is embedded there is currently no way for the user to extract and save this.
If you have additional issue or questions on any of these you should contact the support team so they can take a look at your specific setup.
26 Aug 2014 01:39 PM
RE: Alert about DirectX by George in Version 8.0
- Additional clarification on this....
IF that does not work you should completely uninstall SongShow Plus and then install with the latest installer.
It is possible that there was an issue during the installation with extraction of the files.
This will not have any affect on your existing files when you uninstall.
25 Aug 2014 08:08 AM
RE: add audio delay to a video by George in Version 8.0
- At this time - No.
You could add this to the wish list...
24 Aug 2014 10:26 AM
RE: Media Control is blank by ksingletary in Version 8.0
- I still have version 7 installed so I opened it and it works fine. Must be something in Version 8 and not my system. I should also mention that I put a video in my program and the media control panel showed it as it played. I does not show background images or motion videos or the lyrics for songs. It will show the motion backgrounds my themselves, but not when in a song.
22 Aug 2014 06:40 PM
RE: Customize Stage Display by osborn4 in Feature Reviews
- Hooray! That will be a great addition.
22 Aug 2014 06:34 PM
RE: SSP forgetful again by osborn4 in Version 8.0
- Good to hear. I have been using the MRU list, but it's an extra click every time insert a picture in the sermon slide show, when all the graphics are in the same folder.
21 Aug 2014 03:56 PM
RE: Online Bible by boother in Version 8.0
- That's what I thought, just making sure. Thanks
20 Aug 2014 03:38 PM
RE: Freezing When Selecting a Slide with Background Improv Video by deandip in Version 8.0
- The 8/13/2014 update did fix this issue for us. Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.
20 Aug 2014 02:05 PM
Version 8.0 Release - 08/19/2014 Build by George in Latest News
A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 08/19/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.
There have been a few corrections in this build.
- Fixed problem associated with using a prompt on on file collision when importing media files.
- Fixed problem that occurs when more than two displays are enabled and the Songs media tab is hidden.
- Fixed problem that occurs when clicking on the Slide menu in Slide Builder when the slide show has no slides.
Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.
Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus
19 Aug 2014 04:30 PM
RE: Issue with Import in Slide Builder by George in Version 8.0
This has come up a few times on the forum and I believe is listed as a Wish on the Wish List.
This same behavior exists when selecting backgrounds and other like items in Slide Properties.
It has also been added as a request.