Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

27 Feb 2015 07:42 PM
RE: Random Transitions?? by iamgap in Version 7

I cannot remember where it is, exactly, in V7, but in v8 and newer there is a "Random" button in the "Transition" settings. IIRC, Random may be one of the items in the list. Yes, even in v8 it is in the list between "Push" and "Roll".

27 Feb 2015 01:46 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 02/25/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 2/25/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

20 Feb 2015 12:05 PM
Engaged Worship Conference by dreece in In Action

GoFishMedia will be at the Engaged Worship Conference this weekend. Besides sponsoring the event, a session will also be presented on recording, streaming, and podcasting featuring GFM equipment and software.

On a related note, my wife and I will be giving a session on piano in worship, which is particularly interesting given how little piano is used nowadays.

19 Feb 2015 11:39 AM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 02/15/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 2/15/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

17 Feb 2015 09:38 AM
RE: Legacy Song Databases by George in Version 8.0

This is addressed in the OPs other post here.

16 Feb 2015 10:25 AM
Tree of Life Version Bible by dreece in Feature Reviews

SongShow Plus 8.2 will include a new Bible translation: The Tree of Life Version. Read more...

14 Feb 2015 12:01 PM
RE: "See through" the font by iamgap in Version 7

Posted By sara-t on 10 Feb 2015 08:53 PM

Gary, thanks for the sspak.  I have had a lot of fun playing with see through fonts.  I wish there was an easy way for us all to share nifty tricks this way.  Without my own website, I don't know how to share an sspak in the forums.  I have messed around with the physix effects, and would love to see what other folks have done. 

Thanks for bringing this from the past. I may try this with my backgrounds this week. I have never actually tried this in a worship service.

10 Feb 2015 12:00 PM
Color Search returns few or no results. (TS273) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
While using SongShow Plus and selecting the Search By Color option for filtering media the user gets either no or insufficientresults from the search.

Possible Cause:
It is most likely that the initial index was not complete on existing files when the Color Search feature was installed.

Possible Solution:
Test to Verify: 
  1. Launch SongShow Plus.
  2. Select the Images Media tab.
  3. Select the Search By Folder search option and find an image that is mostly all one common color such as red or blue. Select, right-click and duplicate that image.
  4. Select the Search By Color option and click on the color that matches the previously selected image.
Test Result:
  1. If this test image is found, the Search By Color option is working properly. Proceed to the "Re-index system files" step.
  2. If this test image is NOT found, completely uninstall and re-install Chromex on the system to correct the file tags. After this is complete, a re-index should begin automatically.
Steps to Re-index system files:
  1. From the Windows Start menu select Control Panel.
  2. From the Control Panel select Indexing Options.
  3. Click on the Advanced button to open that menu.
  4. Once open click on the Rebuild button.  This will initiate a rebuild of the Windows Index that tags all files for Color Search.  
    This process may take a while depending on the other demands on your system.  You can confirm that it has started by observing the Indexing Options dialog and notice that the message will change at the top indicating that items are being indexed.  This can be closed and allowed to run on its own.
Once this completes then the Color Search should work as expected.

NOTE: Windows 8.x seems to take longer to index and the indicators for completion have been observed as being premature.  If you are using Windows 8.x please allow an hour or so after the completion indication to be sure that it is actually complete.

Possible Cause:

The Color Search feature is not installed or is out of date.

Possible Solution:
  1. Launch SongShow Plus.
  2. From the main toolbar, select Update > Check for Updates.
  3. Once launched, look for the status of Chromex 2.0.  If it is showing Up to date, contact support.
  4. If it is not installed or up to date, select the link to download the update.
  5. Once the download is complete, start the installation.
Once the installation is complete this should start a file index automatically. You can follow the steps in the solution above to check on or initiate a rebuild to make your media files show up.

If these solutions do not resolve your issue, contact the support team for further assistance. 

(TS273) 

30 Jan 2015 11:07 AM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 01/28/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

12 Jan 2015 02:30 PM
RE: Timers Enhanced by dreece in Feature Reviews

Posted By Dick Akins on 09 Jan 2015 12:39 PM
Doug, you are right --of course! I would have never suspected that properties could be applied to the text within a video. Does that work with any text lines used in the timer itself?

The properties can be applied to any video, and from the slide's perspective, the timer is just a video. When you apply affects to the video, everything is affected, including the text. This is why it's best to use the object properties shadow effect rather than the shadow setting in the timer when you're using it as an embedded video in a slide.

30 Dec 2014 01:15 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release by George in Latest News

The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

23 Dec 2014 11:55 AM
Multiple Control Window Layouts by dreece in Feature Reviews

A new feature in SongShow Plus 8.2 will be the capability to configure multiple Control Window Layouts. Read more...

23 Dec 2014 11:44 AM
Replicate Effect by dreece in Feature Reviews

Another little new feature that was added to SongShow Plus 8.1 is the Replicate Effect. Read more...

20 Dec 2014 09:51 PM
RE: convert SSP slide Shows Back to Power Point by dreece in Version 8.0

There is no conversion tool to go from the SongShow format to PowerPoint, but you can export a slide show as slide images, and one option will also build an HTML wrapper for the images. In Slide Builder, use the menu command File > Export.

20 Dec 2014 03:37 PM
RE: Recommended Video File Conversion Program by timrivett in Version 8.0

I use the Real player tools to do the conversions, doesn't do everything but its dealt with nearly everything anyone has turned up with at the last minute.
I use this to download from YouTube which puts into an MP4 format and then convert to WMV.

12 Dec 2014 02:22 PM
Thumbnails are not being displayed in the Media Control panel. (TS272) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
While using SongShow Plus and displaying content the expected thumbnails are not showing up in the Media Control panel.  The content does show up in the Display Monitor and the Presentation screen as expected.

Possible Cause:
If the selection for Display 1 has been unchecked (or any display) the Media Control thumbnails will not show up for that display.  This is especially problematic if the user is only using a single projection out (Display 1) since that prevents the menu options from showing up.

Possible Solution:
The user can temporarily enable another display output and then check and correct the Media Control Panel display settings to restore the thumbnails for Display 1.

Steps:
1. From the main toolbar select Settings > Display.
2. From here select Display Window 2 and enable it.
3. Select OK then restart SongShow Plus.
You will now have 2 displays enabled.
4. In the Media Control Panel click on the Settings icon (small gear in the upper right corner), select the top menu and click on Display 1 to enable it.
5. From the main toolbar select Settings > Display.
6. From here select Display Window 2 and disable it.
7. Select OK then restart SongShow Plus.
You will now have 1 display enabled and you should see the thumbnails for displayed content.

If this does not resolve your issue, contact the support team for further assistance. 

(TS272)

12 Dec 2014 01:19 PM
Songshow plus not completely initialized by gatewaycrc in Version 8.0

Today I was setting up a program and attempted to add an audio file to a slide.  I added the audio and hit save and than when I clicked on the slide the audio did not play.  I went to edit the slide to see what was going on and this came up: Songshow plus not completely initialized.  Please run songshow before using slide builder.  I restarted the computer and tried again but the same thing came up.  I did a search here and read that when it happened to someone previously that the recommendation was to delete Songshow and install it again.  Instead I installed version 8.1 and tried using that.  It started fine but it showed that there were no programs to open.  I went to my file folders in my library in my computer folder  and found the program that I needed which was still there and tried opening it that way.  When I went back to version 8 of songshow and went to open program it showed the same program title twice - one which I could not open and one which I was able to open and showed all the work I had already done and saved.  I added the audio file a different way and this time it worked.

Not sure if this is a glitch or if I am just the unlucky one to have something go wrong.  If I open the programs from the computer folder and than open songshow the program shows up otherwise it does not show any of the programs that have been set up over the years.

10 Dec 2014 01:37 PM
Online Bible Scripture - Scripture panel blanks when adding verse to the program (TS271) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
While using the Online Bible content in the Scripture Panel, the content of the Scripture Panel will disappear when selecting and adding a verse to the program by clicking the + button.

Possible Cause:
The exact cause is unknown but it only affects the Online Bible content and not the bibles provided with/for SongShow Plus.

Possible Solution:
At this time there is no specific work around to prevent this from occurring however the selected verse is added to the program.  To recover the content in the Scripture Panel the user can change bibles and then returned to the desired bible.  This will reset the panel.  the user can also select another media tab and return to the Scripture Panel.
This also has no affect on the Program Panel or the presentation of the selected scripture from the Online Bible source. 

(TS271)

10 Dec 2014 12:47 PM
Online Bible Scripture text overlaps in the scripture preview panel (TS270) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When accessing and browsing the Online Bible content in the Scripture Panel, when selecting subsequent verses for viewing in the preview panel at the bottom of the Scripture Panel the text of each selection overlaps the previous one.

Possible Cause:
The exact cause is unknown but it only affects the Online Bible content and not the bibles provided with/for SongShow Plus.

Possible Solution:
At this time there is no specific work around to prevent this from occurring however if the user presents a verse or changes the bible book selection then it will clear the preview panel.  This also has no affect on the Program Panel or the presentation of the selected scripture from the Online Bible source. 

(TS270)

08 Dec 2014 02:03 PM
RE: What Bible versions are included with SongShow Plus? (FAQ016) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

UPDATE: To use any of these Bible plug-ins with SongShow Plus Version 8.x and newer, you must have SongShow Plus 7 installed on the same system.  Licencing is not required but the components used are in the SSP 7 Installation.   Since these are legacy deprecated programs the components are not included in newer versions of SongShow Plus.

Main body of the article updated with this information.

Minimize

SSP News

27 Feb 2015 01:46 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 02/25/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 2/25/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

19 Feb 2015 11:39 AM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 02/15/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 2/15/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

30 Jan 2015 11:07 AM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 01/28/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

30 Dec 2014 01:15 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release by George in Latest News

The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.

12 Nov 2014 05:33 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 11/11/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 11/11/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections in this build.

• Added a process to copy settings from 8.0 the first time version 8.1 is run on a system. (Only compatible settings are preserved, however.)
  • Fixed various problems related to integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
  • Fixed problem where certain settings were not correctly recognized by the slide assistants.
  • Added code to help ensure that the main windows for both SongShow Plus and Slide Builder are placed on a visible display even if they were previously on a different display which is no longer visible.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Additional details may be found in the
 Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?