Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

20 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
RE: WMV File, content missing or unusable by iamgap in Version 7

Make sure it doesn't have media protection. I have also run into this with some WMV files that were created with a converter. I just open it with Windows Live Movie Maker and save it as another WMV. That has always worked for me in those cases.

16 Apr 2014 01:55 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/15/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/15/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections and changes to this build.
  • Memory leak was fixed.
  • Additional UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus 8.0

15 Apr 2014 02:01 PM
RE: Stage monitor font by BertFowler in Version 7

We have just added a stage display and I understand that the font cannot be changed for that display. Now, the stage display is actually smaller in size than my display screen, which defeats the purpose of having a separate display for the stage to make it easier to see. I have one work around which is: In Display Properties>Song Layout>Show I have set "have lyrics fill screen when title information is not displayed" and in Tools>Preferences>Stage Display, I checked "Word wrap" and UNCHECKED "Consistent size". I also set the default song text size (in display properties) larger than normal. With these settings, the stage display grows to the default text size whenever possible. It does some awkward word wraps, but the size is larger and easier to read.
I wish the stage display had a few more settings, especially Font and font size. Some fonts are larger, bolder, and easier to read than others.
Tech guys, please take note.

14 Apr 2014 08:21 PM
RE: Have a Backup Plan by shalem in The Wave Pool

This article has really set me thinking. Will discuss this with the mediatechs VERY soon.

11 Apr 2014 12:46 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Issue with the use of song part hot keys was fixed.
  • Addressed issue that prevented files from being listed in a directory search on a networked drive. 
  • User Guide updates (still a work in progress).

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue.

04 Apr 2014 02:34 PM
RE: Motion backgrounds periodically flicker when used via Background Improv (TS236) by George in Troubleshooting

This issue should be resolved in the release of SSP 8.

If you encounter the same or similar issues after updating to SSP 8, please contact Support.

02 Apr 2014 05:37 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/01/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/01/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Presentation of slides from the Media Control panel was fixed.
  • Updates made to the Demo Slides.
  • A few Slide Properties corrections have been made.
  • A few UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.

01 Apr 2014 10:55 AM
SongShow Plus 8.0: April 22nd by dreece in Latest News

We have designated April 22nd for the official release of SongShow Plus 8.0.

SongShow Plus 8.0 has been available as a preview release for several months and is now available as a feature complete test build. If you have a current SongShow Plus Upgrade Subscription, you have already been given an 8.0 upgrade license that you can use with the official release on April 22nd or with any of the preview releases available to you now on the Download page.

If your subscription is not current, there is still time to renew at the regular renewal rate  of $150 before the 22nd. Once 8.0 has been officially released, the price to upgrade from version 7 to version 8 will be $199. You can renew your SongShow Plus Upgrade subscription at sspstore.com or contact your Account Representative at 877-458-6367 to renew or verify the status of your subscription.

25 Mar 2014 03:52 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 03/24/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 03/24/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been several corrections and changes to this build.
  • Several Online Services updates and corrections.
  • Updates made to the activation system.
  • Bulleted text handling issues have been resolved.
  • Backup/Restore issues have been resolved.
  • Several Quick Slide issues were resolved.
  • Several Preferences settings issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Properties issues were resolved.
  • Media Control thumbnail size issue for Scripture and Slideshows was resolved.
  • Several Inspector Panel issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Builder issues were corrected.
  • Numerous UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made. 

20 Mar 2014 05:24 PM
RE: Even More Displays by dreece in Feature Reviews

If you have three screens for which you always want the outputs to be synchronized, then you can use a TripleHead2Go to treat them as a single display. You can put multiple video objects on a single slide in SongShow Plus.

06 Mar 2014 08:53 AM
RE: synchonizing songs on two PC's by mike in Version 7

I completely misunderstood your original post -- I thought you wanted to use the same physical DB, on a shared network drive, from multiple PCs.

I've never tried adding a song at home; I almost always do that before the worship team rehearses it at church. The SongSelect website is helpful and I love the SSP import feature!

I do prepare all of the sermons notes and announcements at home. I have also given up trying to sync my systems, but they are close.
Working at home, I embed everything into the slideshow; but when I pack it up on a thumb-drive; I copy the slideshows to sub directories with names similar to where they will go; I do the same with the graphics even though they will not be needed by the slide shows since they are embedded -- but they are copied onto the church system for future use anyway.

05 Mar 2014 12:09 PM
RE: Song slides not updating by mike in Version 7

I think I know what was happening here

The 'Verse Order' is kept in two different places. If you are using a song in the 'Program' (typically the right side of the screen) the 'Verse Order' that is being used is local to the Program. If you 'Edit the Song' while the song is in the Program, the Program will not get the Verse Order updates made in the DB copy of the Song. If this is the problem, there are two solutions.
1. After editing the song, remove it from the Program and add it again. This way the Program gets the Verse Order from the Song. (I believe there is also a button in the Program's 'Verse Order' screen labeled 'Use Typical Verse Order' which copies the Verse Order  from the Song.

2. While a song is in a Program, only change the Verse Order in the Program. There is a check-box that you can select that will also apply the Verse Order from the Program to the DB copy of the Song.

05 Mar 2014 11:28 AM
RE: Importing ASCII Text Files formated songs into SSP by George in Tips & Tricks

Additional clarification:

Yes, the Clipboard option is still available but...

The new song Text Importer (and other new document based song importers) all work in a similar fashion to the clipboard in that you are presented with the text and you get to select which parts to add where in the song file.  The advantage is you are saved steps needed to get the text to the system clipboard because the docs are opened in the native application.

05 Mar 2014 10:11 AM
RE: Editing image location by mike in Version 7

I don't have the system here in front of me, but try to Edit the image object, then select the image file location (it may or may not be there).

I too was never a fan of a change that was made some time back in the way that images are handled. Even when images are imbedded, I want to know the name of the image and where it was loaded from (even if the file is no longer there) -- this would help  me search for it if I ever want to use it again; but the file name and path is not always available.

15 Feb 2014 09:17 AM
RE: I can't see any of the unread messages! by akins in Version 7

For those who might happen to have the same problem sometime, George had
me go into my account and re-establish the data and all worked fine after that.
Seems like there can be a slight glitch after renewing the license sometimes.

04 Feb 2014 09:22 AM
Engaged Worship Conference by dreece in In Action

SongShow Plus and the GoFishMedia team will be in action at this weekend's Engaged Worship Conference.

31 Jan 2014 10:12 PM
RE: Secondary Monitor/Programs Matching Primary Display Programam by CFC in Version 7

Is this option possible in non-beta version?

31 Jan 2014 01:16 PM
Version 8.0 Preview Release - 01/29/2014 Build by George in Latest News

An update for the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 01/29/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Several SSP and SSB UI updates and corrections.
  • DVD margins issue resolved.
  • Text sizing issues related to Grow/Shrink/Consistent settings resolved. 
    • NOTE: starting with the default font size and allowing the settings to resize the text will generally give the best results.  Manually entering font sizes greater than 70 may cause odd behavior.
  • Issue with adding Video Devices as background was resolved. 
  • The songs "Display Lyrics"  split issue causing missing song parts was corrected.
  • Search issues related to text case entered was resolved.
  • Online Services text search error resolved. 
  • Timers editing error resolved.

We are continuing the testing and correction process but if you encounter major issues that prevent SSP from functioning please post them in the Version 8.0 subscriber forum.

20 Jan 2014 12:30 PM
RE: How to use OnLine Bible w/in SSP by rstogner in Version 7

That did it George, Thank you! I reinstalled version 7 and then on-line bible magically appeared in version 8.

17 Jan 2014 05:13 PM
RE: Backgrounds not showing for media files by osborn4 in Version 7

FIGURED IT OUT!

I changed the default background for videos to black. And, even though this is an audio file, the top display property was "Video". On that tab, Background was set to overlay black.

I changed that to "Use default background" and it showed the specified backgrounds that I had set below.

Minimize

SSP News

16 Apr 2014 01:55 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/15/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/15/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Memory leak was fixed.

11 Apr 2014 12:46 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/10/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/10/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Issue with the use of song part hot keys was fixed.
  • Addressed issue that prevented files from being listed in a directory search on a networked drive. 
  • User Guide updates (still a work in progress).

02 Apr 2014 05:37 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 04/01/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 04/01/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Presentation of slides from the Media Control panel was fixed.
  • Updates made to the Demo Slides.
  • A few Slide Properties corrections have been made.
  • A few UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made.

01 Apr 2014 10:55 AM
SongShow Plus 8.0: April 22nd by dreece in Latest News

We have designated April 22nd for the official release of SongShow Plus 8.0.

SongShow Plus 8.0 has been available as a preview release for several months and is now available as a feature complete test build. If you have a current SongShow Plus Upgrade Subscription, you have already been given an 8.0 upgrade license that you can use with the official release on April 22nd or with any of the preview releases available to you now on the Download page.

If your subscription is not current, there is still time to renew at the regular renewal rate  of $150 before the 22nd. Once 8.0 has been officially released, the price to upgrade from version 7 to version 8 will be $199. You can renew your SongShow Plus Upgrade subscription at sspstore.com or contact your Account Representative at 877-458-6367 to renew or verify the status of your subscription.

25 Mar 2014 03:52 PM
Version 8.0 Test Release - 03/24/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A Test release of SongShow Plus 8.0 dated 03/24/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Several Online Services updates and corrections.
  • Updates made to the activation system.
  • Bulleted text handling issues have been resolved.
  • Backup/Restore issues have been resolved.
  • Several Quick Slide issues were resolved.
  • Several Preferences settings issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Properties issues were resolved.
  • Media Control thumbnail size issue for Scripture and Slideshows was resolved.
  • Several Inspector Panel issues were resolved.
  • Several Slide Builder issues were corrected.
  • Numerous UI/controls corrections and enhancements were made. 

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?