Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

25 Nov 2014 04:23 PM
RE: videos have lost there sound! by akins in Version 7

Thanks for the response, George. SSP audio was on "B" and I changed it to "A" without any effect. It's interesting to me that the audio control box at the bottom left (used when reviewing videos) is set on "pause" even though the video is playing. Changing the audio to "play" makes no difference. When selecting WMV's that don't play audio now, it takes 10-20 seconds for the video to begin playing either in the preview panel or when loading into the program panel. WMV's in which the audio plays correctly load instantaneously.

12 Nov 2014 05:33 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 11/11/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 11/11/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There have been a few corrections in this build.

• Added a process to copy settings from 8.0 the first time version 8.1 is run on a system. (Only compatible settings are preserved, however.)
  • Fixed various problems related to integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
  • Fixed problem where certain settings were not correctly recognized by the slide assistants.
  • Added code to help ensure that the main windows for both SongShow Plus and Slide Builder are placed on a visible display even if they were previously on a different display which is no longer visible.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Additional details may be found in the
 Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

10 Nov 2014 03:38 PM
RE: Italicized text & Align Right causes last letter to be cut off by iamgap in Version 8.0

I have experienced something similar to this with bulleted items for quite some time, no matter what FONT is used. I only use 0.1 tab size to avoid most of this, but I will still get it on occasion. I hope this fix will also fix our issue.

06 Nov 2014 11:42 AM
RE: Alongside Version 7 by George in Version 8.0

Jon,

The only reason to keep Version 7 would be to support legacy apps such as Online Bible.  If you do not use these then you will be fine uninstalling Version 7.  Also keep in mind that the un-installation of any version on SongShow Plus does not remove any data files.

As far as which one - the one listed as just SongShow Plus is Version 7.

Given your installation date for 8.0 (7/25) I would recommend updating to the current release - 8.1.

Also if you have question about anything the support team can help you with this.  Give them a call.

02 Nov 2014 01:38 PM
Second Display screen failure by mattp4989 in Windows 8

Afternoon everyone, 

At my church we are running songshow plus 7 september 2009 edition. We are using a second screen for the slideshow. Monitor 1 is the slide display and monitor 2 is our desktop. For some reason our slides are now displaying on monitor 2 and loading on monitor 1. I have checked all the settings for the computer to make sure they are set correctly. I went to the display tab > change monitor options but it won't load.  Any thoughts or ideas of what it could be ? any help would be greatly appreciated. 

29 Oct 2014 06:02 PM
RE: Mirrored Content to the Stage Display by kladner in Feature Reviews

Can you post the instructions for this? I can't seem to find it in any of the settings.
Thanks

25 Oct 2014 08:57 AM
RE: Tranparency by akins in Version 8.0

If I put a square image (for example) as the background of a 3:4 slide, if will be stretched; if I put the same image as an insert (overlay), it will not be stretched. Also, I use an old version of PhotoShop (Elements 2.0) for creating PNG's and it retains the original size -- i.e., doesn't crop.

25 Oct 2014 08:11 AM
RE: Setting Slides to 16:9 ratio for Program Display by iamgap in Version 8.0

Thanks George!!!

I am not sure why I couldn't find that last week, but this will definitely help in the future.

In relation to this topic, I guess I was confused by the word slides, and thought the topic was SSB. As far as embedded display, that would be the only logical place to change the 'practice' display that shows up in the SSP control screen.

24 Oct 2014 07:02 AM
RE: Global Slide Properties by wkdreskin in Version 8.0

Yep. "Themes" are really important to know about. In fact, I'd recommend you produce one of those "tips" videos on it. The adjustments are familiar from previous versions of SSP but until I spoke with customer support, it simply never occurred to me to even click on it and see what it does.

As always, thanks for your help, George!

Billy

24 Oct 2014 06:52 AM
Mobile theme for SSPlashing by osborn4 in The Wave Pool

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll bring it up again here. I'd hang out here a lot more often if there were a mobile theme for this site. Just saying.

22 Oct 2014 05:55 PM
Slide Builder appears to be hiding off screen (TS267) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When launching the Slide Builder, it does not appear to open.  Upon further examination it appears to be minimized but cannot be maximized.

Possible Cause:
The exact cause is unknown but it seems to be related to a previously connected display that the Slide Builder was opened on.

Possible Solution:
The user can do the following to try and move the Slide Builder to the current screen:

1. Launch Slide Builder from the Programs menu.
  2. Once launch is complete, hover over the taskbar icon for Slide Builder and click on pop up  thumbnail to ensure focus on Slide Builder.
  3. Press ALT – SPACE – M to invoke the Move option then press the arrow keys to move the Slide Builder window to the current display. 
  4. If this does not work initially you may have to try it a couple of times to get the window to move.  An alternate method is to move the mouse after pressing an arrow key and the cursor turns into crossed arrows.   

(TS267)

22 Oct 2014 03:05 PM
RE: SongShow Plus 8 and Temporary Licenses (TS249) by George in Troubleshooting

UPDATE:

SongShow Plus Version 8.1 should have addressed the issues causing the temporary licenses to be triggered.

If you encounter this issue, please ensure that you are using SongShow Plus Version 8.1 dated 10/21/2014 or later.

If the issue persists in Version 8.1 then contact the support team.

22 Oct 2014 01:19 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/21/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/21/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There was one important correction in this build.

Songshow Plus 8.1 was updated to accommodate breaking changes made by SongSelect and Planning Center Online.
These breaking changes made by these vendors prevented users from authenticating and setting up accounts for use with these online services.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

22 Oct 2014 09:00 AM
RE: How do i find the "spacing selection panel"? by wkdreskin in Version 8.0

Thanks, George!

19 Oct 2014 06:25 AM
RE: Media Control: Keep displayed item centered? by aworkman in Version 8.0

George, that works perfect!! Thank you for helping me dig a little deeper into the menu. Aaron

17 Oct 2014 02:05 PM
RE: Importing a looped powerpoint directly into ssp7 by osborn4 in Version 7

Edit the SongShowPlus Slide show in slide show builder (right click, slideshow, eidt).

In Slide Show Builder, go to File-> Edit timing properties.

Set the Advance the slide show to Automatically. This will expand the timing options and you can set those as appropriate for your show. Make sure and set the Loop slide show to Yes.

Hope that gets you on the right path.

16 Oct 2014 05:35 PM
Online Services - Unable to set up accounts (TS266) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When trying to set up the authorization for the SongShow Plus Online Services the user receives and error indicating “A device attached to the system is not functioning”.

SongShow Plus Online Services include the following:

Dropbox
Google Drive
OneDrive
Planning Center Online
Shift Worship
SongSelect

Possible Cause:
SongShow Plus uses Internet Explorer for all embedded web page actions.  If Internet Explorer is not the default browser, this might cause issues with some functions.

Possible Solution:
Check the Default Browser setting and make sure it is set to Internet Explorer.  If not change it to IE, at least temporarily.

(TS266)

14 Oct 2014 03:27 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/07/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/07/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with incorrect installation date shown for Chromex in the updater.
  • Fixed new problem that locked up the UI when the video playback settings windows was used for a DVD.
  • Fixed installation so that it uses an alternate data path set in 8.0.
  • Fixed problem with activation related to subscription expirations prior to 5/2014.

Additional details may be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

11 Oct 2014 02:09 PM
RE: Song Select Online option is gone by dreece in Version 8.0

The SongSelect import feature for download files should still work in 8.0.

10 Oct 2014 08:38 AM
RE: ESV will only work with SSP 8?? by akins in Version 7

I suggest you install 8.1 and try it out

Will do -- thanks for the help.

Minimize

SSP News

12 Nov 2014 05:33 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 11/11/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 11/11/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Added a process to copy settings from 8.0 the first time version 8.1 is run on a system. (Only compatible settings are preserved, however.)
  • Fixed various problems related to integration with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
  • Fixed problem where certain settings were not correctly recognized by the slide assistants.
  • Added code to help ensure that the main windows for both SongShow Plus and Slide Builder are placed on a visible display even if they were previously on a different display which is no longer visible.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Additional details may be found in the
 Version 8.1 subscriber forum if there was a post on the issue. 

Thank You for using SongShow Plus

22 Oct 2014 01:19 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/21/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/21/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

There was one important correction in this build.

Songshow Plus 8.1 was updated to accommodate breaking changes made by SongSelect and Planning Center Online.
These breaking changes made by these vendors prevented users from authenticating and setting up accounts for use with these online services.

14 Oct 2014 03:27 PM
Version 8.1 Release - 10/07/2014 Build by George in Latest News

A new production release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 10/07/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

• Fixed problem with incorrect installation date shown for Chromex in the updater.
  • Fixed new problem that locked up the UI when the video playback settings windows was used for a DVD.
  • Fixed installation so that it uses an alternate data path set in 8.0.
  • Fixed problem with activation related to subscription expirations prior to 5/2014.

01 Oct 2014 10:47 AM
Version 8.1 Production Release by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.1 is officially available today as a production release. The primary enhancements to 8.1 include:
  • Customizable stage display
  • Mirrored content for videos, PowerPoint, and web pages to the stage display
  • Environmental projection output
  • Display masks
  • Color bars and grids to help with projector alignment and adjustment
  • Quick background adjustment control
  • Auto triple wide option for background content
This upgrade is available to anyone who had a current subscription as of 5/2014.

Download

29 Sep 2014 01:37 PM
Version 8.1 Candidate Release - 09/23/2014 by George in Latest News

The Candidate release of SongShow Plus 8.1 dated 09/23/2014 has been posted and is available for download to users with a current subscription.

As a reminder the new features of Version 8.1 are:
  • Stage Display is now customizable using slide properties.
  • Stage Display will now show video, PowerPoint, and web page media items when presented from the source display.
  • Auto triple-wide mode to image and video backgrounds.
  • Environmental projection support (additional display that uses the background of the source display)
  • Display masks to block out projected content, used primarily for environmental projection.
  • Global background brightness adjustment lets you quickly and easily adjust the brightness of the background to slides quickly where there is insufficient contrast between background and text.
Additional details can be found in the Version 8.1 subscriber forum

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?