Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Friday, April 29, 2016
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

29 Apr 2016 12:55 PM
Setting up latop without second monitor by gatewaycrc in Version 8.1

Our second projection license has been moved to a laptop.  This laptop does not have a second monitor hooked up to it and I was planning on using as it is and have it project to one of the screens at the front of church.  There is not enough room to add another monitor and it is going to be used mainly for when videos or slideshows are shown on the main screen and something else on the side screens or if there is a play and the actors need words up on the back tv so only they can see it.

I have set up the laptop so that the monitor recognizes the second display.
I have set up songshow through the display to recognize the second display as the projection screen and when I identify it shows a 1 on laptop and 2 on the screen.

Now how to get the projection screen to show what I want it to show when I hit play for song or slideshow?
I have the hdmi cable plugged into the laptop and have no problem using it to show powerpoint or videos.  My issue is trying to get songshow.  

When I asked years ago the answer I was given which worked was 
"That said, I think the key bit that every one is missing is that when you only have a single monitor the default behavior is to embed the display so you can see it .  This is typically done for workstations.  You have to override this behavior by going into the Display Settings (From the tool bar - Display > Change Settings...) and on the Other tab set the embed option to Never to get what you want to work."

When I look for the change settings I can't seem to find it and instead of spending hours frustrating myself I am going to ask the experts!!

Thanks  and hopefully this all makes sense!!  

27 Apr 2016 02:19 PM
RE: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by rkresge in Version 8.2

Still very much using Online Bible - we have purchased 7 or 8 translations, and I'm not in a big hurry to have to buy something new to replace.  Just reinstalled our projection machine from scratch in order to upgrade (finally) from Win XP, so it was finally time to upgrade from SSP 7 to 8.2. Of course had to also install SSP in order to get Online Bible to work. I guess this is a bit of an ugly solution, but I hope you continue at least this much support for Online Bible.

Roger

26 Apr 2016 04:50 PM
Does SongShow Plus work on Windows 10? (FAQ037) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

The first fully Windows 10 supported version will be SongShow Plus 8.3.  Once version 8.3 is ready for production release it will have been run through a larger, more detailed battery of tests using Windows 10 in its current form.  At that point we will consider version 8.3 ready for Windows 10 use.  While some testing was done with version 8.2, we will not be fully testing previous versions of SongShow Plus with Windows 10 and suggest that these updates (Windows 10 and Version 8.3) occur at the same time.

If you choose to proceed with updating to Windows 10 on your SongShow Plus systems we will still take your feedback (this is always helpful) through the support team and this forum but keep in mind these issues may not be addressed right away.

Tips for Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10
  • If you do an in-place update to Windows 10 from your current operating system we recommend that you deactivate SongShow Plus first, then update the OS, then re-activate SongShow Plus.  This will ensure a smooth transition.

• If you do an update before deactivating and the license becomes invalidated, you can either use the temporary license offered and allow it to resolve itself or contact support before proceeding to allow them to assist you through the process.

• While there are no known issues at this time, we recommend that you do not operate SongShow Plus on a Microsoft Account login.  We recommend using a local system account for using SongShow Plus.
Additional information may be found in the forums or in other KB articles if additional specific information becomes available.

(FAQ037)

26 Apr 2016 11:00 AM
RE: Vimeo play secrets needed by George in Version 8.2

On a related note it can also depend on how the content was published and with what settings.  We have encountered issues with both Vimeo and YouTube where the site prohibits playback of the content through a 3rd party link and requires playback directly on Vimeo/YouTube.  I have seen this both with and without ads running on the video in question.

That said, it normally is pretty explicit giving a message along the lines of "You have to play this on our site" so this may not be your specific issue but may be related.

I would confirm that you can launch the video from an embed link created on the Vimeo site to make sure that works.  If so contact support for further investigation.

Or just go the safe route and get a local copy of the video as suggested...

26 Apr 2016 09:07 AM
RE: Adding a page break to an imported song by akins in Version 8.2

mfalk57 is correct. Set the global display settings/song layout/show to page-by-page.

23 Apr 2016 09:15 AM
RE: schedule countdown timer by iamgap in Version 7

As Dick said, they have to be clicked, which means someone has to be at the console to launch it. 

If your SSP computer is connected to a network, that also has Wi-Fi, you can run the program from any device that has a web browser, so you don't have to be at the console. You do have to have a SSP version of Oct 2010 or newer. 

http://www.ssplash.com/Support/Know...aspx#17427 

18 Apr 2016 10:19 AM
RE: Multiple accounts by George in Windows 10

sent.  Let me know what works for you...

thanks

17 Apr 2016 08:00 AM
RE: Font for Songs by iamgap in The Wave Pool

I guess we're boring too, as we also have Verdana. I find it is the easiest to read, and when people are reading and singing at the same time, you want it to be as easy as possible.

gap

14 Apr 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Making back up copy of service by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

thanks! Will be trying it out this week

03 Apr 2016 05:47 PM
RE: Powerpoint on Stage monitor by chrismaca in Version 8.1

Hi George,

Is there any update on this? I sent a support request a few months ago, no reply so far.

thanks,

Chris

31 Mar 2016 07:14 AM
RE: V8 doesnt work with Cyrillic and Windows 10 by akins in Version 8.2

Do you think ill get same results?

Don't know, but it's an easy try and will give you another data point in any event.

28 Mar 2016 11:37 AM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool

Thanks Josh - sorry for the delay....

Also thanks for the clarification on the ID - I thought that looked "odd"

I dug into this a little and did confirm the issue with the input field.

Are you just trying to update so that you showing current on the ssplash forums for full access?
I can manually update this for you with an additional bit of info - what is the prefix (text before the @) for your email address?

Thanks,

18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview) 

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

09 Mar 2016 08:32 AM
RE: Online Bible Windows 10 by George in Version 8.2

The Online Bible support is deprecated and requires SongShow Plus version 7 (latest build) to be installed to get the plugin to work.

SongShow Plus 8 UPDATE: To use any of these Bible plug-ins with SongShow Plus Version 8.x and newer, you must have SongShow Plus 7 installed on the same system.  Licencing is not required but the components used are in the SSP 7 Installation.   Since these are legacy deprecated programs the components are not included in newer versions of SongShow Plus.

What translations are you using?  Please let us know if it is not offered through our store.

If you need more assistance with the Online Bible plug-in you can contact the support team.

02 Mar 2016 11:03 AM
Windows 10 and songshow by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

Has anyone updated to windows 10 and had no issues with songshow?

With the computer virus wiping everything out I am in the process of rebuilding and windows just tried to do an automatic update to windows 10 because I hadn't turned that off yet.  I stopped it but I wondered if it was something I could just update now instead of waiting for the next version of songshow since all the other computers at church are already on Windows 10

02 Mar 2016 11:00 AM
RE: List of machines and projection licenses by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

Thanks. I am still waiting for them to deactivate this machine so I can reinstall it as a projection machine. I may have to try calling again because time is of great importance when a Sunday service is coming up.

01 Mar 2016 10:16 AM
RE: Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1

OOPS ... sorry about the extra D in your name " src="http://www.ssplash.com/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/rtechnics_grey/emoticons/shocked.gif" />

23 Feb 2016 07:42 AM
RE: The evolution of this site! by akins in The Wave Pool

Right. Maybe step back from ideal and be satisfied with practical. ;-)

17 Feb 2016 03:24 PM
SSP.exe Stopped Working error (TS283) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
SSP generates error message that states "Ssp.exe has stopped working" after a successful initial startup.  This may occur within several seconds after startup or after changing media panels.

Possible Cause: 
If there are unsupported media files located in the selected folder and thumbnails are selected this could cause SSP to crash.  In most cases this condition will only cause an alert notice but in some situations it can crash SSP.

Possible Solution: 
Enter the SSP configuration panel and select the Audio/Video file settings and select option B.  This may allow the launch of SSP.  If it does turn off thumbnails and re-start.  The user may have to manually sort the media files to determine which file(s) is/are the problem.

(TS283)

15 Feb 2016 02:37 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 02/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 02/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

Minimize

SSP News

18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview) 

15 Feb 2016 02:37 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 02/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 02/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

20 Jan 2016 02:09 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

13 Jan 2016 12:01 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/04/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/04/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

16 Dec 2015 01:10 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 12/11/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 12/11/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?