Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

25 May 2016 01:12 PM
RE: Prevent Windows 10 upgrade by osborn4 in Windows 10

Actually, your post is what prompted me to post this. Hopefully it will pay off for someone else.

I just ran Never10 on my father in law's laptop last night. At 90, the last thing he needs to do is go through another Windows upgrade.

24 May 2016 12:36 PM
SSP Display setting for Minimize Window have no effect (TS284) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
When setting the Minimize Window option in the display settings, it does not work exactly as expected.

Possible Cause:
This is expected behavior at this time.

When the option "Minimize Window" is selected for the first display, it will make all the displays of SongShow Plus act as one when minimizing. 
The controls imply that this option will be applied individually, allowing some to minimize while others will not.  That is not the current behavior. 

Possible Solution:
At this time there is no work around or correction.  The issue is under investigation.

(TS284)

24 May 2016 11:32 AM
RE: SongShow Plus locks up after using PowerPoint by osborn4 in Windows 10

Too late for Dick, but here is a great piece of freeware called Never10 that will prevent your Windows 7/8.1 machine to Windows 10, until you turn the upgrade back on. 

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

17 May 2016 01:41 PM
RE: Online Planning Center Integration by George in Version 8.2

Raymond - Do you have a current subscription?

PCO is part of the Online Services package and you have to have a current subscription for these to be visible. 

16 May 2016 09:52 AM
RE: Rebuilding Indexes by George in Version 8.2

This can be caused by a few things but the most common is an issue with the song titles.

Go to the Tools > Database Utilities > SongShow Plus > Fix-up Song Titles and run that.

This may fix the issue but if not, contact the support team for further investigation.

09 May 2016 02:33 PM
RE: Windows 10 and songshow by mfalk57 in Version 8.2

I've been running SongShow with Win 10 since Win 10 came out and have not had any troubles whatsoever. I allow automatic updates as well. No issues. None. Time to upgrade!

09 May 2016 01:29 PM
RE: Cant Link SSPLASH with Cust ID by George in The Wave Pool

Great - thanks.  That is what I needed to get you updated.

You should show as current on the forums now.  You should also get an email on the update.

This update should give you access to all the Current Subscriber sections of the forums.

Thanks again.

09 May 2016 01:21 PM
RE: Stage Display output by George in Version 8.2

Yes you can...

Assuming the standard setup, the settings used for Display 2 will be shown on the Stage Display.

Check your Stage Display settings and see what the Target Display is set to.  That is the Slide Properties that you need to adjust.

If you set these properties the same as your Presentation Display you should get the same result.  To your case, set the Song Text Layout > Build Options > Display Lyrics to Page by Page.

06 May 2016 11:03 AM
RE: Making back up copy of service by osborn4 in Version 8.2

I do a package to go to the network share drive and to the google drive. That backs up everything you need for that program.

06 May 2016 10:50 AM
RE: Font for Songs by osborn4 in The Wave Pool

I've got two that I absolutely love. They are bold, crisp, tall and skinny. They are especially good for a 4:3 projector, because you can fit more words on a line and don't have to break up flow of the song as much.

Gnuolane http://www.dafont.com/gnuolane.font

and the slightly more rounded H.H. Samuel http://www.dafont.com/h-h-samuel.font

I think it will be a long time before I use anything other than Gnuolane for lyrics.

06 May 2016 10:32 AM
RE: Vimeo play secrets needed by osborn4 in Version 8.2

Another vote for getting it local. If they have "subscribed" to this server, it may be worth contacting them and seeing if they have a download options.

06 May 2016 10:25 AM
RE: Setting up latop without second monitor by osborn4 in Version 8.1

Make sure you have the projector on and powered up before you start up SSP. that has made all the difference in the times I've been in this situation.

What happens when you hit display and it doesn't show up on the projector? Does it show up in a windows in the SSP control panel?

05 May 2016 09:09 AM
RE: Text not changing in photo slide builder by George in Version 8.2

Gene,
What is the font you are using and where did you get it?

We have seen this with some fonts and there is at least one KB article on this.  If your font has some built in styling such as italic or bold, you can select that style and it may fix the display.  Otherwise if the font was a 3rd party font you downloaded I would try a different source or version of the same font to see if the behavior changes.

02 May 2016 09:58 PM
RE: Package to Go - Please fix this by rkresge in Version 8.2

George,

Thanks for the update. This is a feature that I have used weekly for probably 4 or 5 years in SSP 7. I've found that I get grumpy after every major upgrade to SSP, because things that had worked for years suddenly no longer work. I do see the logic of what you describe; the frustration is that what worked for years suddenly no longer works.

The other 'glitch' was not actually a glitch, and is not worth additional mention. It was just figuring out how another feature works in 8.2, compared with SSP 7.

SSP 8.2 is going to take some adjustment; so far I would say that I'm not enjoying it, although it does work just fine. Ask me again a couple of months from now.

Again, thanks.

Roger

02 May 2016 12:04 PM
RE: Unable to link CCLI Account by George in Version 8.2

Hi Robert - Sorry to hear about your difficulty with SongSelect.

There is a KB article that address this very issue.  This most likely has to do with a system time zone or related setting that is causing an issue connecting to the SongSelect servers.

Please view this KB to resolve your issue.

Regarding the support issue - at some point in the hold time you should be able to leave a message and as a Platinum subscriber you will get priority for callbacks.  I will bubble this up to the support team.

27 Apr 2016 02:19 PM
RE: FEEDBACK NEEDED - Deprecated Legacy Plug-in Use by rkresge in Version 8.2

Still very much using Online Bible - we have purchased 7 or 8 translations, and I'm not in a big hurry to have to buy something new to replace.  Just reinstalled our projection machine from scratch in order to upgrade (finally) from Win XP, so it was finally time to upgrade from SSP 7 to 8.2. Of course had to also install SSP in order to get Online Bible to work. I guess this is a bit of an ugly solution, but I hope you continue at least this much support for Online Bible.

Roger

26 Apr 2016 04:50 PM
Does SongShow Plus work on Windows 10? (FAQ037) by George in SongShow Plus FAQs

The first fully Windows 10 supported version will be SongShow Plus 8.3.  Once version 8.3 is ready for production release it will have been run through a larger, more detailed battery of tests using Windows 10 in its current form.  At that point we will consider version 8.3 ready for Windows 10 use.  While some testing was done with version 8.2, we will not be fully testing previous versions of SongShow Plus with Windows 10 and suggest that these updates (Windows 10 and Version 8.3) occur at the same time.

If you choose to proceed with updating to Windows 10 on your SongShow Plus systems we will still take your feedback (this is always helpful) through the support team and this forum but keep in mind these issues may not be addressed right away.

Tips for Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10
  • If you do an in-place update to Windows 10 from your current operating system we recommend that you deactivate SongShow Plus first, then update the OS, then re-activate SongShow Plus.  This will ensure a smooth transition.

• If you do an update before deactivating and the license becomes invalidated, you can either use the temporary license offered and allow it to resolve itself or contact support before proceeding to allow them to assist you through the process.

• While there are no known issues at this time, we recommend that you do not operate SongShow Plus on a Microsoft Account login.  We recommend using a local system account for using SongShow Plus.
Additional information may be found in the forums or in other KB articles if additional specific information becomes available.

(FAQ037)

26 Apr 2016 09:07 AM
RE: Adding a page break to an imported song by akins in Version 8.2

mfalk57 is correct. Set the global display settings/song layout/show to page-by-page.

23 Apr 2016 09:15 AM
RE: schedule countdown timer by iamgap in Version 7

As Dick said, they have to be clicked, which means someone has to be at the console to launch it. 

If your SSP computer is connected to a network, that also has Wi-Fi, you can run the program from any device that has a web browser, so you don't have to be at the console. You do have to have a SSP version of Oct 2010 or newer. 

http://www.ssplash.com/Support/Know...aspx#17427 

18 Apr 2016 10:19 AM
RE: Multiple accounts by George in Windows 10

sent.  Let me know what works for you...

thanks

Minimize

SSP News

18 Mar 2016 12:20 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 03/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 03/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available (no license necessary during preview) 

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

15 Feb 2016 02:37 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 02/11/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 02/11/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

20 Jan 2016 02:09 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/14/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/14/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

13 Jan 2016 12:01 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 01/04/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 01/04/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

16 Dec 2015 01:10 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 12/11/2015 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 12/11/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Synchronization Service!

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?