Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Song Select 3.0 Database
Last Post 04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM by Joel Osborn. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joel Osborn

--
06 Sep 2007 08:24 PM  
I keep hearing rumors that the Song Select 3.0 database will no longer be licensed. But I can't get any dialog from our office as to if we've  received any notification to that effect.

Any other Song Select 3.0 database users out there that can shed some light on this? Our license is up the end of this month and we will need to decide what to do.

Thanks.

(Note: This is referring to the Song Select 3.0 database that CCLI used to sell on CD. This is not about the Song Select Online Lyric service.)
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Rick Everingham
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Sep 2007 06:50 AM  
Joel, when we renewed our license last year (Nov 06), we were told that Nov 07 would the last time they would renew it. We have already decided not to renew this time and have been working on our song database accordingly.
Experience the Worship Presentation Evolution
Chad Monteith

--
04 Nov 2007 11:41 AM  
We ran into this and last year converted the songs from SS3 to SSP format.  You can get a printout in SS3 of a list of songs that have been added/edited.  From that list, search for them in SSP and clone the song to the SSP database.  You can do this for any built in SS3 songs you need as well.  Then you can uninstall SS3 and SSP will have all the needed songs.  Its a manual process but it gets the job done (keeping your SS3 songs).
Joel Osborn

--
04 Nov 2007 04:24 PM  
Well, our time has run out.

I'm thinking of changing the date on the computer, to see if SS3 will fire up again and get stuff out that way.
...Joel

Milton Seventh Day Baptist Church
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

28 Jul 2016 06:58 PM
SongShow Plus 8.3, 7/28/2016 Update by dreece in Latest News

An update to version 8.3 has been posted. This update helps to better handle certain machine activation scenarios. If you are upgrading to Windows 10, I recommend that you install this update before (re)activating SongShow Plus.

28 Jul 2016 06:57 AM
JPGs Not Filling Screen by jonereb in Version 8.2

We recently upgraded to 8.2 and my various JPG files don't fill the display screen. I'm not sitting at my projection computer, but is correcting this as simple as setting the global Slide Display to Shrink to Fit and Grow to Fit, but turn off Maintain Consistent Size?

27 Jul 2016 04:57 PM
Version 8.3 and SongShow Sync Production Release! by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.3 is released to production today along with the new SongShow Sync service. See special offers for upgrades and new sync subscriptions.

21 Jul 2016 08:52 AM
RE: Windows 10 and songshow by osborn4 in Version 8.2

I don't have any inside scoop on when 8.3 will be out.

I can tell you that I've been using 8.2 on windows 10 on my personal laptop that I use to create an ssprog every week (which I package and take to church) and I have not experienced any problems. But I've not done any extensive projection sessions with it.

19 Jul 2016 04:49 PM
RE: Deauthorise before Windows 10 upgrade... How? by George in Windows 10

No problem...

Launch SSP > Main Tool bar > Tools > Activation...

Once that opens it will check your system and give you the current info - Click Next.

Select option B - "I want to de-activate...." and click Next.

Follow the rest of the prompts and you are done.

After the OS update just launch SongShow Plus and follow the activation prompts.

18 Jul 2016 09:30 AM
RE: tab bug?? by osborn4 in Version 8.2

I've seen similar problems using bulleted or numbered lists. It looks way off in the edit box, but generally OK on the display window. This is consistent across all fonts that I've tried, but I'm currently using Gnuolane
http://www.dafont.com/gnuolane.font

I also (again, with all fonts) have too much space between "paragraphs" or lines that end in an in the editing window. But it looks fine in the display. Text that flows from line to line appears normal.

Wish you had a way to upload screen shots here, because I'd love to show you.

11 Jul 2016 05:38 PM
RE: Bug? by akins in Version 8.2

Thanks

11 Jul 2016 10:40 AM
RE: permanent comments on songs by George in Version 8.2

There is a specific notes tab in the song file but unfortunately this does not show when the song is in the program.  You could certainly save your notes/instructions in this section and copy them to the comments field when adding to a program.  This would be similar to the song part suggestion made earlier but would avoid being confused with or accidentally included as an actual song part.

10 Jul 2016 07:31 PM
RE: 8.0 and Windows 10 by dlmoon in Version 8.0

We've been running version 8.1 in Windows 10 for months now. Not one problem so far. SSP actually runs better in my opinion. I'm one of those who has to have the latest and great so I upgraded to Win 10 only a few weeks after it became available and glad I did.

08 Jul 2016 02:05 PM
RE: Planning Center Import Issues by George in Version 8.0

I have not tried the app yet so I will take a look at this.

If the issue persists or you have new info then let us know.

thanks,

01 Jul 2016 01:58 PM
Version 8.3 Test Release - 06/28/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 06/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Try out the new SongShow Plus 8.3 Features!
  • Synchronization Service
  • Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer
  • Amplified Bible scripture text available for sale

Details can be found in the Version 8.3 subscriber forum.

27 Jun 2016 03:23 PM
Version 8.3 Test Release - 06/24/2016 Update by George in Latest News

The first TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 06/24/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

24 Jun 2016 03:21 PM
RE: copyright & CCLI number separator? by akins in Version 8.2

Right, I found that out. I still have to remove all my separators, but I will do them
as I come to them. The separate line is a nice addition. I hope sometime that
the title and author lines will permit returns to enhance formatting.

24 Jun 2016 12:14 PM
RE: Media Control Panel by gatewaycrc in Version 8.2

Thanks for the reply. I had the same issues as you where it pointed to an nonexistent monitor and showed three monitors when only two were displayed. It is amazing how something as simple as changing a monitor can affect so many things.

I went to setting>display

Presenter window says standard placement and display device is 1
Display window 1 says display device and display device is 2

There is no third monitor

Still not having the media control panel work. I am going to have to make the phone call

I tried removing the monitor but the computer still says there are three monitors. I am so regretting the changing of the monitor.

20 Jun 2016 02:31 PM
RE: Cannot reinstall SSP after uninstall... "unable to copy installation data to local folders" by George in Windows 10

This sounds like a permissions issue.  I assume that the message is coming from SSP and not Windows, correct?

Also keep in mind that 8.2 and 8.3 can be installed at the same time so there is no need to uninstall.  Check the program files folders for permissions.

If this persists you can contact the support team for help.

10 Jun 2016 01:05 PM
RE: Clear Display Hotkey doesn't work on Remote by cegarrett in Tips & Tricks

Found it! Autohotkeys (https://www.autohotkey.com/) to the rescue again.

08 Jun 2016 07:44 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 05/28/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 05/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

08 Jun 2016 02:12 PM
SongShow Plus stopped working when running PPT file (TS285) by George in Troubleshooting

Symptom:
SSP may or may not generate an error message and stop working or crash after presenting (or attempting to present) a PowerPoint slide show.

Possible Cause: 
It is currently unknown what is causing this but it seems to occur with newer version of PPT in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. After some research it appears that this may be caused by a mandatory Windows update when using PPT 2013 and 2016.

Possible Solution: 
It appears that the crash only occurs once per Windows session.  If the user launches SSP, presents a PPT causing the bad behavior this seems to allow the PPT to work after the user re-starts SSP.  This typically does not reoccur until the user restarts Windows.  We are still investigating.

(TS285)

07 Jun 2016 04:55 PM
RE: Online Planning Center Integration by flooder in Version 8.2

Has anyone found a way to have your PCO services show up chronologically when you go to import them? We often have 6-8 months ahead and they show up in a random order.

29 May 2016 10:34 AM
Strange Behavior by Yagabu in Version 8.1

So something strange happened to our V8.1. I did a windows upgrade to Win 10, then rolled it back to Win 7 cause were not quite ready to on our main PC. So what has happened now is that the video's folder is not working correctly. It will only show whats is the main directory for files, it doesn't list any subfolders that we have in the directory. All the other folders like slideshows, audio, ect... show the sub folders properly. The video folder is the only one not working all of a sudden. There has been no changes to the file system or changes to permissions on folders. I just did the win 10 upgrade to lock in the upgrade but then immediately rolled it back to win 7 without any changes to the system.
I will try installing a newer version of SSP to see if that fixes our problem, just found it very strange that this has happened.

Greg

Minimize

SSP News

28 Jul 2016 06:58 PM
SongShow Plus 8.3, 7/28/2016 Update by dreece in Latest News

An update to version 8.3 has been posted. This update helps to better handle certain machine activation scenarios. If you are upgrading to Windows 10, I recommend that you install this update before (re)activating SongShow Plus.

27 Jul 2016 04:57 PM
Version 8.3 and SongShow Sync Production Release! by dreece in Latest News

SongShow Plus 8.3 is released to production today along with the new SongShow Sync service. See special offers for upgrades and new sync subscriptions.

01 Jul 2016 01:58 PM
Version 8.3 Test Release - 06/28/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 06/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

27 Jun 2016 03:23 PM
Version 8.3 Test Release - 06/24/2016 Update by George in Latest News

The first TEST release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 06/24/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

08 Jun 2016 07:44 PM
Version 8.3 Preview Release - 05/28/2016 Update by George in Latest News

An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.3 dated 05/28/2016 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

• Slide Scheduling
  • Song Database Importer

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?