26 Mar 2015 10:05 AM
Pan/zoom -- continued weirdness? by akins in Version 8.1
- This is one of my most-used advanced effects. The implementation has always been strange and that seems to have continued into vs. 8.1. In vs.7, it worked well but the multi-zoom input section was a little hard to get used to and difficult to use since the scroll ribbon moved to the left after the values were entered, thus requiring a good amount of scrolling just to set it up. I think that the changes for vs. 8.1 are even worse! First of all, what is "percent" zoom suppose to mean? For example, is 10% suppose to indicate that the image will be 110% the original size, or 10% (that is reduced to 1/10th the original). If my measurements are correct 10% actually means 200%, that is, doubled in size. I haven't made a measurement for "100% zoom," but it looks like an enormous magnification -- not doubled as one might reasonably expect. Even using "percent" is a poor choice when the "percent of what" isn't provided. The zoom multiplication factor, as in vs. 7, makes more sense and is easier to understand. Since this new "percent" is restricted to 0-100, how does one zoom out?
The other problem with the "new & improved" input procedure is that there can only be 2 intermediate points, whereas vs. 7 allowed more (I never checked the maximum allowed, but I believe I once used 4.)
All in all, it looks like a botched job at improvement. I hope I've missed some key instructions that make this a more reasonable effect.
22 Mar 2015 04:34 PM
RE: Locking Content on Stage Display by kladner in Version 8.1
- If you are only wanting to put a timer up you can use the instant message feature in the improv collection panel. I put a timer on the bottom right of the stage display using this feature every week.
19 Mar 2015 05:21 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 03/18/2015 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 3/18/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.
18 Mar 2015 06:05 PM
RE: Question about audio files by George in Version 7
- William - I did not see your other post - was this in Version 7? I was looking at the setting is Version 8.
That said, there are similar presets in V7 as well. In fact, you can go to Tools > Preferences > Program Panel and change the setting for that feature to No. Look for "Set Background to black..." - it is near the bottom of the first Page.
I have moved this post to Version 7.
18 Mar 2015 05:41 PM
RE: Importing Programs from Planning Center Online by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- Will there be a future upgrade to the import utility to import/download other items such as a PPT?
18 Mar 2015 01:54 PM
RE: PowerPoint 2013 runs maximized in the background when presenting in SongShow Plus by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- I have experienced problems when PP was in presenter view. I always have to make sure it is off before starting SSP.
17 Mar 2015 04:40 PM
RE: Installed 8.1 still showing 8.0 by Mark Smith in Version 8.1
- George, thank you for the information and help. It was exactly as you said.
12 Mar 2015 11:04 AM
RE: Download an older version by George in Windows 8
- I would recommend that you contact an admin at the church or other person that runs the worship that uses SongShow Plus and would be familiar with this.
They will know if they are current or intend to become current and they should also have the information you need. If not, a church contact would need to contact the support team to check up on this.
As previously stated you could use the current version of SSP by downloading from HERE, but if you must get an older version, the only way to get that is to log in with the church credentials and download from the ones that are available to that account.
06 Mar 2015 11:32 AM
RE: Environmental projection effects by dreece in Version 8.1
- At this time, what is sent to the environmental projection output is a mirror of the media item's background. There is no option to modify this in any way. We've considered some options to provide the capabilities you've requested since that would be helpful. In helping us determine please describe in a bit more detail what you would like to do with the environmental projection background. For instance, do you simply want to apply different effects to it or do you want a completely different background altogether. What effects do you want to use and why? Will a single set of independent settings be set on a per media item basis, or be applied to all media items presented?
06 Mar 2015 09:44 AM
RE: PowerPoint 2013 runs maximized in the background when presenting in SongShow Plus (TS231) by George in Troubleshooting
It was found that if users will un-check the "Use Presenter View" check box in the slideshow control tab that should control this behavior.
03 Mar 2015 04:35 PM
Using SongShow Plus on Windows 10 by George in Windows 10
- Microsoft's next iteration of the operating system is Windows 10. Windows 10 is currently available as a technical preview download and is free for anyone to try out. The preview availability is expected to end on April 15th 2015 with Windows 10 release to be later in 2015. While a specific date was not available as of this post, it is speculated to fall between June and August 2015.
Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Win7/8.1 users for the first year. For more information on Windows 10, a quick Google search will get you more than you want to know...
Regarding Windows 10 and SongShow Plus:
We have done some preliminary testing and it seems to be behaving as expected so far but more testing will be going on. If you decide to make the leap to Windows 10, either in the preview period or after its launch, and run into issue that you believe are Windows 10 related please post them here.
Updates will be posted as needed to this forum.
03 Mar 2015 08:07 AM
RE: Windows 10? by George in Windows 10
- There has been some minor testing with Windows 10 and at this point there does not seem to be any difference - It seems to install and function normally.
There will of course be more extensive testing once Windows 10 is released to production.
28 Feb 2015 03:00 PM
RE: Random Transitions?? by akins in Version 7
- OK in vs 7. there is a "random transition" at the top of the list under "no transition." Thanks for the help. Now I see that what I really was
wanting was random entrance/exit animations for several text boxes & images in one slide. Probably no one has thought to do that ;-)
and at the rate the wishes are processed, I won't wait around for it.
27 Feb 2015 01:46 PM
Version 8.2 Preview Release - 02/25/2015 Update by George in Latest News
- An update to the Preview release of SongShow Plus 8.2 dated 2/25/2015 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. Details can be found in the Version 8.2 subscriber forum.
26 Feb 2015 03:57 PM
RE: Strange display of songs by Yagabu in Version 8.1
- That seems to be resolved also, I haven't done much to check on that since the one setting seems to have helped.
24 Feb 2015 10:58 AM
RE: Range check error? by George in Version 8.1
- That is possible...
Please contact the support team to verify and pass on the content. We will need to get a program or two in order to diagnose the issue further.
24 Feb 2015 10:06 AM
RE: Memory Leak by George in Version 8.1
- I would not expect the format to matter but again we are not aware of any significant leak so we will need your content to test this out.
When you contact the support team another useful bit of info will be how long it runs before running out of memory. This is important so that we can make sure it is run long enough in testing.
If you are interested in trying to narrow down the culprit of the memory leak on your own you could do the following:
Determine the time it takes to run out of memory by running the slideshow.
Split your slideshow in half and run each half for that amount of time. If one half fails, split that in half and repeat.
Once you have it narrowed down, (hopefully to a single slide) you can send us that slide or reduced content.
If not just get with the support team to deliver the content you are having trouble with.
23 Feb 2015 09:54 AM
RE: Bible translations by Clennon in Version 8.1
- As a followup question to this for translations available, my church currently uses the Common English Bible very heavily. Is there any chance that could be made available as a digital version? Or possibly an interface with BibleGateway.com?
20 Feb 2015 12:05 PM
Engaged Worship Conference by dreece in In Action
- GoFishMedia will be at the Engaged Worship Conference this weekend. Besides sponsoring the event, a session will also be presented on recording, streaming, and podcasting featuring GFM equipment and software.
On a related note, my wife and I will be giving a session on piano in worship, which is particularly interesting given how little piano is used nowadays.
20 Feb 2015 09:35 AM
RE: Next Step to an Output?? by akins in Version 8.1
- Is there actually a "next" slide/step like there was once upon a time?