Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Forum Closed
Last Post 07 Jan 2016 11:43 AM by George Taylor. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
Topic is locked
Author Messages
George Taylor
SSP Team
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Jan 2016 11:43 AM  
The purpose of this forum was to discuss issues related to SongShow Plus and compatibility with Windows 8.x.

This process has been completed and therefore this forum has been closed and locked. It will remain visible for reference purposes.

Any future issues related to Windows 8.x compatibility issues will be handled in the appropriate SongShow Plus version forums or by contacting the support team.

Thank You for using SongShow Plus
- GEORGE

Welcome to the SSP Evolution!
Topic is locked

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

16 Jun 2019 10:53 AM
RE: Restore Problem by hi-soft in Version 8.5

Thanks I will.

06 Jun 2019 04:09 PM
Assisting with CCLI Reports by dreece in You Tell Us!

SongShow Plus provides assistance for CCLI reporting. This is done through the Activity Logging feature (Activity > Start Logging CCLI Copy Activity). When turned on, SSP will log when a song is projected for projection and recording use. For those of you that regularly send reports to CCLI, is this feature helpful to you? If not (or even if it is) how can this feature be made more useful to you? Would it help to have this always log projection so that you don't have to remember to turn on the logging mode? Would it help to schedule times for logging to automatically turn on and off? Or would it be more useful to have the feature analyze past programs for the songs included in each one and build a report form that? Any other ideas?

05 Jun 2019 08:10 AM
RE: installed fonts not showing on screen by akins in Version 8.5

I traced back where I saw the statement in question:

SSB
Select a text box
Click Object Tools
Main text
Font Properties
Text Properties
Text
Font
select "use default name" or "use the fonts contained in the text contents"

This probably has nothing to do with the problem, but it caught my eye as I was
trying to figure out what was wrong.

One of the characteristics of SSP is that it is very versatile, but at the expense of
complexity, i.e. many (maybe too many!) ways to set properties.

Thanks for looking into this for me, George.

03 Jun 2019 09:36 AM
RE: Lyrics not visible unless "full screen" margin is selected by George in Version 8.5

Hmm - that does seem odd.  
My recommendation would be to contact the support team and have them take a look.  They can remote with you and see what is going on.  It is possible that this is just a case of overlapping Slide Properties.

21 May 2019 09:53 AM
RE: Themes: rename?? by George in Version 8.5

Dick.

Unfortunately, at this time the answer is no on both counts.

If you are trying to backup/preserve the Blackout content, you can always do a "Save As.." when you edit to save it to a more friendly location.

Or better yet, do a PTG when you edit to capture all the content as well.

15 May 2019 08:53 AM
RE: Medleys by akins in Version 8.4

I have build a few songs using slideshow. It works fine and your can use different
backgrounds with whatever effects you would like. You can play the slideshow
any way you like; e.g., playing a chorus twice, going back to a verse, etc. I use
this for songs (like "How Great Thou Art") that we sing periodically and which have
verses which lend themselves to widely different backgrounds. You could even have
the same verse (named 1a, b, ..) with different backgrounds.

26 Apr 2019 12:14 PM
Multiple Displays and HDMI Switch by mlmurray in The Wave Pool

Hi All!
I need a little help after a much needed upgrade of my projection setup at church.  Previously I had a projector with a long throw lens in the sound booth with some VGA splitters and switches to get signal where I needed it and to control what was being projected, simple as could be.  Now, I've moved to a remote mounted projector and an HDBaseT sender to get my video and all to the projector from the booth, and I've moved over to HDMI in the booth.
My problem is that when switching between which computer is being sent to the HDBaseT sender I am constantly losing and adding monitors to the computers (from the computer's point of view anyway), by that I mean, if my SSP machine has a dedicated primary monitor and my secondary monitor is going to the projector, when I use my HDMI switch to change to send the PowerPoint computer to the projector then my SSP computer thinks I have unplugged it's secondary monitor.  That's not the end of the world to Windows, it will almost always find the monitor again when I switch back and set it all up with the same resolution and position as it was before, however SongShow doesn't handle the transition as smoothly.  When switching the HDMI away from the SSP computer it will collect it's display windows to the one remaining monitor and the only way to get it to pick up the second monitor again when we switch back to it is to close out of SSP and then re-open it and go into the display settings and re-setup the screens.
I thought if I used an HDMI splitter between the computer and the HDMI switch and put a dedicated monitor on one output of the splitter and the switch on the other then that dedicated monitor would hold that second monitor position and prevent it from flickering off and on when I used the switch, but it doesn't.  Windows still thinks, for a split second, that I remove a monitor when I switch away.  It finds the remaining split-off monitor immediately, but not before it flickers and SSP brings all of its screens to the primary monitor.
I didn't have this problem when everything was VGA, I guess there just wasn't the back and forth handshaking constantly going on between the computer and the display.  Has anyone else had to deal with this and come up with any solutions?
Thanks for any input!
Matt

20 Apr 2019 10:09 AM
RE: right-justified italics get cut off by sara-t in Version 8.5

I never knew what those were for. It does work nicely. Thanks!

16 Apr 2019 11:57 AM
RE: make white .png visible in database by sara-t in Version 8.5

Well, it was worth a try. Thanks!

16 Apr 2019 11:43 AM
RE: workstation license by George in Version 8.5

Ben,

Some additional clarification...

You can only get a Workstation license if you are a current SongShow Plus subscriber and already have at least one Projection license.  If you currently have an SSP license then you can compare the available versions at your convenience.

If you are not a current subscriber you can still download the latest version (SSP 8.5) and request an Evaluation license to check it out.  

For your reference - SSP7 is already many years old and replaced by version 8.x - it would be a waste of your time to review it at this point.  You should review 8.5 to make sure it fits your needs.  The sales/support team can answer any questions you have if you contact them directly. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

Minimize

SSP News

12 Feb 2019 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 02/07/2019 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 02/07/2019 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.5 details can be found in the Version 8.5 support forum.

25 Oct 2018 10:50 AM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 10/23/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 10/23/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

18 Oct 2018 12:41 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 10/17/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 10/17/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Note that there will be additional updates for Slide Show Artisan coming soon. Stay tuned!

26 Sep 2018 05:12 PM
Version 8.5 Production Release - 09/26/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 09/26/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Note that there will be additional updates for Slide Show Artisan coming soon. Stay tuned!

10 Sep 2018 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 Production Release - 09/08/2018 by George in Latest News

This initial Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 09/08/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?