Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Friday, November 22, 2019
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

Medleys
Last Post 15 May 2019 08:53 AM by Dick Akins. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Roger Kresge
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Mar 2019 05:03 PM  
This subject came up like 10 years ago under SSP 7. It did not seem to have a satisfactory or simple answer at the time. 

We do fairly frequent medleys. Is there any way to build a medley from the components of individual songs? One reason this challenges me is that we use separate video backgrounds for each song, and I would like to maintain those while building the medleys.

Thanks,

Roger
ChurchMedia.Net Member
Experience
Joel Osborn

--
21 Mar 2019 09:13 PM  
You could assign a background to the songs in the song database under Default slide properties, rather than in the program item..

Then add the songs as needed using verse order on each program item to get the lyrics up.

e.g.
Song 1 (v1, v2, c)
Song 2 (v1, c)
Song 1 (c)
Song 2 (b,c)
Sone 1 (c)
Joel Osborn
Communication Coordinator
The Connecting Church - Milton Seventh Day Baptist
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Roger Kresge
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Mar 2019 07:48 AM  
Thanks for the suggestion, Joel. Not sure it will accomplish what I would like to do.

I left something out. It always frustrates me that I need to start all over again when we do any particular medley. What I would really like, and don't see as a capability, would be to build the sequence of songs and save that sequence as if it were a song.

It can be frustrating, but our worship leader rarely does these medleys the same way with the same verse sequences. If the songs were packaged together, but still as separate items within the package, then I could adjust the verse sequences within each song each time we do it. And the video backgrounds would stay with the songs.

Again, thanks! Still looking for ideas. It also seems odd to me that this has never been seen as a needed feature.

Roger
ChurchMedia.Net Member
Experience
Dick Akins
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Mar 2019 09:13 AM  
Couldn't you just build a special song which is the medley? After all,
the song editor doesn't if you're putting the the lyrics from one or
more songs. As long as all the "parts" are there, you can present them
in any way you want.

Maybe I missed the point!
Dick
College Heights Baptist
Manhattan, KS
Roger Kresge
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Mar 2019 04:48 PM  
Posted By Dick Akins on 23 Mar 2019 09:13 AM
Couldn't you just build a special song which is the medley? After all,
the song editor doesn't if you're putting the the lyrics from one or
more songs. As long as all the "parts" are there, you can present them
in any way you want.

Maybe I missed the point!

I may have to go that route, but each of our songs has its own unique graphical background. I suspect there's no way to maintain that with this method. But it might work until something better comes along.

My preference would be a tool that allows us to take the medley songs as they are now in SSP, and then put them into a single container of some kind. Your method would work as long as I'm ok with having the same background throughout, I think.

Thanks,

Roger
ChurchMedia.Net Member
Experience
George Taylor
SSP Team
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Mar 2019 07:45 AM  
Roger.

Comparing this request to the existing tools in SongShow Plus, it sounds like what you are asking for would be similar to a Song Chain.  This is an interesting idea.

In the meantime, if you are considering constructing a purpose-built object for this medley and want to be able to apply different backgrounds, my suggestion would be to go the slideshow route.
You can currently export any song as a slideshow to get the building blocks you need and then you can combine/include the specific song parts (now slides) as you see fit.  The slideshow construction allows you to set any background you choose to each slide.  I suggest using the slideshow themes to create and apply the desired background to the related song parts.

Another route you could go is to create a program specifically for the medley songs.  This would contain all the songs and backgrounds that you wanted and allow you to set the verse order as needed.  Then you can use the program merge function to blend this with your full program.  Having this as a separate program would allow you to adjust as necessary then re-merge to use again later in a different full program.

If you need more detailed tips on this you can contact the support team for help.
- GEORGE

Welcome to the SSP Evolution!
Joel Osborn

--
26 Mar 2019 08:21 PM  
I was just thinking of the slideshow route. You could create a seperate slide show for each song in the medley, preserving the unique backgrounds, and then create a medly slide show by merging the two and then arraging the slides/verses as needed.
Joel Osborn
Communication Coordinator
The Connecting Church - Milton Seventh Day Baptist
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Roger Kresge
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 May 2019 12:34 PM  
Some interesting ideas here. Sorry to take so long to return to this thread. The slideshow route probably does not provide the flexibility I'm looking for, but George's idea of using the Program Merge function might just do.

Thanks!

Roger
ChurchMedia.Net Member
Experience
Dick Akins
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 May 2019 08:53 AM  
I have build a few songs using slideshow. It works fine and your can use different
backgrounds with whatever effects you would like. You can play the slideshow
any way you like; e.g., playing a chorus twice, going back to a verse, etc. I use
this for songs (like "How Great Thou Art") that we sing periodically and which have
verses which lend themselves to widely different backgrounds. You could even have
the same verse (named 1a, b, ..) with different backgrounds.
Dick
College Heights Baptist
Manhattan, KS
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

17 Nov 2019 05:39 AM
RE: Countdown Timer in Slide Show Question by iamgap in Version 8.5

Yes, you can still create a timer in 8.5.
Go to the Video tab under Media Files
Click the Create or Acquire From... icon
Select Timer Creator near the bottom of the list.

You can then add that timer as a video in your slide show.

13 Nov 2019 02:05 PM
RE: video embeded in slide show by osborn4 in Version 8.5

Guess I have some video editing to do.

12 Nov 2019 06:35 PM
RE: Eliminating stock hymns by osborn4 in Version 8.5

There we go. That's what I needed.

24 Oct 2019 05:02 PM
RE: Preview display by akins in Version 8.5

I haven't noticed any problem in showing any song or blank slide on the stage monitor segmented 2/3 and 1/3. Blanks show blank in both
and song text or titles will show in both and they are correct as to projected or previewed. All my songs begin with a blank followed by
a title slide and all songs end with a blank. I'm using 8.5.

27 Sep 2019 11:43 AM
Version 9.0 Preview Release - 9/25/2019 Update by George in Latest News

The Preview release of SongShow Plus 9.0 dated 09/25/2019 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Regular Activation is now available. License issue corrected in this build.

Try out the new Features and Themes!

Details can be found in the Version 9.0 subscriber forum.

20 Sep 2019 01:12 PM
Version 9.0 Preview Release - 9/19/2019 Update by George in Latest News

The Preview release of SongShow Plus 9.0 dated 09/19/2019 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Regular Activation is now available.

19 Aug 2019 05:46 PM
RE: Can't get new fonts to work in SSP by sara-t in Version 8.5

Thanks, Dick! I did read your thread and tried your fixes, but with no luck. I do appreciate the help, though.

19 Aug 2019 07:58 AM
RE: Importing PPT in slide show by George in Version 8.5

Hi Kim.

This is not an issue that we are familiar with but you can try the Preview build of 9 to see if that resolves the issues.  If not,  please contact support to report the detailed behavior in 8.5.

Thanks

05 Aug 2019 12:30 PM
RE: Shadow Disappears by gwhaverdink in Version 8.5

We have had this happen periodically on different computers.
I have found that switching to a different SSP Program and back again will cause the shadows to return.
Closing and re-opening SSP also works - but takes longer

23 Jul 2019 06:14 AM
RE: Buggy on a new speedy system by goodonline in Version 8.5

I spoke with Support at SongShow Plus. The issues I am having are known issues and they are working on them.
It sounds like they are putting more effort into getting version 9 out than fixing the issues with v 8.5 and windows 10. The support tech said that all of these issues have been fixed in v9

I have a new system coming in this next week with Windows 10 that will be the main media system for the church.
Any suggestions on how to work this out? For the near term I am thinking of loading windows 7 so SSP 8.5 will function properly. I drag my feet in doing this because of one software program that is not being actively updated.
I may need to look into other software.....
Any advice out there?

Minimize

SSP News

27 Sep 2019 11:43 AM
Version 9.0 Preview Release - 9/25/2019 Update by George in Latest News

The Preview release of SongShow Plus 9.0 dated 09/25/2019 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Regular Activation is now available. License issue corrected in this build.

20 Sep 2019 01:12 PM
Version 9.0 Preview Release - 9/19/2019 Update by George in Latest News

The Preview release of SongShow Plus 9.0 dated 09/19/2019 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

Regular Activation is now available.

24 Jun 2019 11:15 AM
Version 9.0 Preview Release by George in Latest News

The first Preview release of SongShow Plus 9.0 dated 06/21/2019 has been posted and is available to users with a current subscription. 

12 Feb 2019 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 02/07/2019 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 02/07/2019 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.5 details can be found in the Version 8.5 support forum.

25 Oct 2018 10:50 AM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 10/23/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 10/23/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.5 details can be found in the Version 8.5 support forum.

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?