Register   |  Login
You are here >   Forums
Friday, May 24, 2019
Minimize

SongShow Plus Community Forums

right-justified italics get cut off
Last Post 20 Apr 2019 10:09 AM by sara-t. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sara-t
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Apr 2019 12:27 PM  
If Ii right-justify italicized text, a bit of the last letter disappears.  adding spaces does not help.  How can i correct this?
Sara Thompson
sara-t
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Apr 2019 12:37 PM  
Ah!  If I uncheck automatic word wrap under slide text layout/spacing, I can then add extra spaces to bring all of the text within the text box.
Not ideal, but it will get me through Sunday.
Sara Thompson
Joel Osborn

--
18 Apr 2019 10:24 PM  
I've noticed the same issue with italicized text, but have never gotten around to call it in.
Joel Osborn
Communication Coordinator
The Connecting Church - Milton Seventh Day Baptist
______
"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
George Taylor
SSP Team
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
19 Apr 2019 11:05 AM  
Hi Guys.

Good news - I have an answer for you...

Assuming you are using Version 8.5, there are some new text tools in the Slide Builder that will be helpful - in your case the Right Indent setting.

In Slide Builder, select the text box and go to the Text Tools tab.  There you will see 4 numeric spinner controls.  If you hover the mouse over them you will see the titles and the 3rd from the left is the one you want - Right Indent. If you give that a single up tick adding a .1 indent from the right that should resolve your clipping problem for most fonts.   Some fonts have a more pronounced slant to the italics setting so additional indentation may be required but hopefully you get the idea.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

- GEORGE

Welcome to the SSP Evolution!
sara-t
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Apr 2019 10:09 AM  
I never knew what those were for. It does work nicely. Thanks!
Sara Thompson
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Minimize

Most Recent Posts

23 May 2019 09:45 AM
RE: installed fonts not showing on screen by George in Version 8.5

Hi Dick. sorry to hear about your font problem.  We do have some KB articles that address this but before I get to that, I am curious about a couple of things...

You said you are having problems after a crash, so are you saying that these fonts worked before the crash?

The fonts you mentioned - what is the source and type?

You stated that GFM took control and did not find a solution - what was done after that?

Regarding the KBs - Please review these two - they should shed some light on the proper next steps.

https://www.songshowplus.com/Article/Read/TS255

https://www.songshowplus.com/Article/Read/TS308

Thanks,
GT

21 May 2019 09:53 AM
RE: Themes: rename?? by George in Version 8.5

Dick.

Unfortunately, at this time the answer is no on both counts.

If you are trying to backup/preserve the Blackout content, you can always do a "Save As.." when you edit to save it to a more friendly location.

Or better yet, do a PTG when you edit to capture all the content as well.

15 May 2019 08:53 AM
RE: Medleys by akins in Version 8.4

I have build a few songs using slideshow. It works fine and your can use different
backgrounds with whatever effects you would like. You can play the slideshow
any way you like; e.g., playing a chorus twice, going back to a verse, etc. I use
this for songs (like "How Great Thou Art") that we sing periodically and which have
verses which lend themselves to widely different backgrounds. You could even have
the same verse (named 1a, b, ..) with different backgrounds.

26 Apr 2019 12:14 PM
Multiple Displays and HDMI Switch by mlmurray in The Wave Pool

Hi All!
I need a little help after a much needed upgrade of my projection setup at church.  Previously I had a projector with a long throw lens in the sound booth with some VGA splitters and switches to get signal where I needed it and to control what was being projected, simple as could be.  Now, I've moved to a remote mounted projector and an HDBaseT sender to get my video and all to the projector from the booth, and I've moved over to HDMI in the booth.
My problem is that when switching between which computer is being sent to the HDBaseT sender I am constantly losing and adding monitors to the computers (from the computer's point of view anyway), by that I mean, if my SSP machine has a dedicated primary monitor and my secondary monitor is going to the projector, when I use my HDMI switch to change to send the PowerPoint computer to the projector then my SSP computer thinks I have unplugged it's secondary monitor.  That's not the end of the world to Windows, it will almost always find the monitor again when I switch back and set it all up with the same resolution and position as it was before, however SongShow doesn't handle the transition as smoothly.  When switching the HDMI away from the SSP computer it will collect it's display windows to the one remaining monitor and the only way to get it to pick up the second monitor again when we switch back to it is to close out of SSP and then re-open it and go into the display settings and re-setup the screens.
I thought if I used an HDMI splitter between the computer and the HDMI switch and put a dedicated monitor on one output of the splitter and the switch on the other then that dedicated monitor would hold that second monitor position and prevent it from flickering off and on when I used the switch, but it doesn't.  Windows still thinks, for a split second, that I remove a monitor when I switch away.  It finds the remaining split-off monitor immediately, but not before it flickers and SSP brings all of its screens to the primary monitor.
I didn't have this problem when everything was VGA, I guess there just wasn't the back and forth handshaking constantly going on between the computer and the display.  Has anyone else had to deal with this and come up with any solutions?
Thanks for any input!
Matt

20 Apr 2019 10:09 AM
RE: right-justified italics get cut off by sara-t in Version 8.5

I never knew what those were for. It does work nicely. Thanks!

16 Apr 2019 11:57 AM
RE: make white .png visible in database by sara-t in Version 8.5

Well, it was worth a try. Thanks!

16 Apr 2019 11:43 AM
RE: workstation license by George in Version 8.5

Ben,

Some additional clarification...

You can only get a Workstation license if you are a current SongShow Plus subscriber and already have at least one Projection license.  If you currently have an SSP license then you can compare the available versions at your convenience.

If you are not a current subscriber you can still download the latest version (SSP 8.5) and request an Evaluation license to check it out.  

For your reference - SSP7 is already many years old and replaced by version 8.x - it would be a waste of your time to review it at this point.  You should review 8.5 to make sure it fits your needs.  The sales/support team can answer any questions you have if you contact them directly. 

Thanks for your interest in SongShow Plus

11 Mar 2019 11:36 AM
RE: can import new song by George in Version 8.5

I think you might be referring to the "SongSelect" website option.

This is part of the Online Services and requires that your SongShow Plus subscription is current.

You can check this in the About section or contact the support team for additional guidance.

12 Feb 2019 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 02/07/2019 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 02/07/2019 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

The list of new features is available at https://www.songshowplus.com/WhatsNew.

Other 8.5 details can be found in the Version 8.5 support forum.

12 Feb 2019 01:56 PM
SongShow Plus 8.5 - Production Release 02/07/2019 by George in Version 8.5

The latest PRODUCTION release of SongShow Plus version 8.5 dated 02/07/2019 is now available from the Downloads page on the SongShow Plus site.  You must have a current subscription and be logged in to the SongShow Plus site to get this download. 

If you have any issues with this production release, please contact the support team for assistance.  You can also discuss issues in this forum but this may delay assistance.

Included in this release: 

SongShow Plus
  • Updates to SongShow Plus to support changes in Artisan.
  • Disabled OneDrive support due to changes by Microsoft.
Slide Show Artisan
  • Store Support
  • Notifications Area
  • Rename/Delete for slideshows in SongShow Drive
  • Several bug fixes
Included in the previous releases: 

Slide Show Artisan
  • Slide Show Artisan slide show builder.
    • Artisan is a more flexible way to create and manage slide shows.
    • Stand-alone versions available - no SSP install required.
    • More details on this will be shared via the BLOG postings - stay tuned.
  • Implemented Auto-Pan/Zoom (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added 2nd caption option for photo slides (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added option to make an image file also act as an enlarged/blurred backdrop (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added settings option for fonts: Windows & Mac, Default Windows 10, or all installed (Windows) (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added text slide builder (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added title slide builder (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added quotation slide builder (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Added custom theme options for all slide types (Slide Show Artisan).
  • Implemented background image support.
  • Added layout preset selection to Slide Show Artisan.
  • New tool in Artisan to create scripture slides from licensed bibles.
  • New video slide builder in Artisan to create video slides.
  • Other general improvements and bug fixes to Slide Show Artisan.

New Image Rotation
  • Image rotation support at the image-load level of slide rendering.
  • New process improves render results when rotating.
  • More details on this will be shared via the BLOG postings - stay tuned.
SongShow Plus
  • Fixed recent problem that prevented some text from getting displayed properly when set to auto-enlarge.
  • *NEW* PowerPoint Tools
    • PowerPoint Step By Step Import
      • Added capability to specify one image per step.  This gives the user additional control over the slide show after conversion to SSB.
      • Selected transitions are applied per slide.  The steps are a fade transition.
    • PowerPoint Video Import
      • This completely new tool allows the user to import a PowerPoint slide show as a WMV video.
      • Simplify playback of auto-run PowerPoint files (announcements/countdowns) by converting them to video.
      • Additional setting to allow for conversion of manually advanced slide shows as well.
  • *NEW* Preview Display
    • Added capability to specify a Preview Display output that can be sent to a separate monitor, partial monitor, or embedded in the Presenter Window.
    • This is an exciting and flexible new display implementation and is configured similar to the Stage display (Source/Target).
    • This can be simply embedded so just the operator can see what is next or as a separate display.
    • Creative use of the display settings can make this a "lower third" preview on the Stage Display.
  • The Stage Display now uses the blank slide properties assigned to it when a blank slide is presented. This is also true for the new Preview Display.
  • Added capability to specify the file naming templates for new programs, slide shows, and imported media.
    • This includes both custom text as well as selectable time/date stamp configurations.
    • Imported media naming only applies to new content.
  • Text underline has been improved so that the line is now thicker.
  • Updated SSL support to Fix broken access to Online Services such as SongSelect, ShiftWorship, and Google Drive.
  • Added subthemes in Slide Builder for slide shows.
  • Fixed SongShow Mobile Control detection
  • Added Indent controls in Slide Builder for text objects
  • Updated user guide.
  • Fixed problem with playing Vimeo videos.
  • Fixes problem accessing Google Drive.
  • Fixed a bug related to the new preview window.
  • Accommodated upcoming change to the SongSelect online system.
  • Fixed problem that could cause SSP to crash when selecting a PowerPoint file.
  • Updated the SongSelect document importer to accommodate new format of SongSelect download documents.
  • Other Bug Fixes

Thank You for your interest in SongShow Plus

Minimize

SSP News

12 Feb 2019 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 02/07/2019 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 02/07/2019 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

25 Oct 2018 10:50 AM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 10/23/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 10/23/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

18 Oct 2018 12:41 PM
Version 8.5 - Production Release 10/17/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 10/17/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Note that there will be additional updates for Slide Show Artisan coming soon. Stay tuned!

26 Sep 2018 05:12 PM
Version 8.5 Production Release - 09/26/2018 by George in Latest News

An updated Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 09/26/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Note that there will be additional updates for Slide Show Artisan coming soon. Stay tuned!

10 Sep 2018 01:59 PM
Version 8.5 Production Release - 09/08/2018 by George in Latest News

This initial Production release of SongShow Plus 8.5 dated 09/08/2018 has been posted and is available to users with an 8.5 license. 

Minimize

Account Login

Register
Forgot Password ?