18 Apr 2018 12:11 PM
RE: Typing Annimation by iamgap in Tips & Tricks
- Doesn't the SSPSS download when you click on it?
16 Apr 2018 01:48 PM
RE: Color picker not working by osborn4 in Version 8.4
- Well, my screen is not usable at 100%, so I will have to do w/o the color picker for now.
Here's a couple screen shots
04 Apr 2018 10:52 AM
RE: Computer from GoFish Media - looking for insights by Joehewes in Windows 10
- Great, thanks for the info. Ours has shipped.
04 Apr 2018 03:05 AM
RE: The SSPlash Humor Thread by EmmerStone in The Wave Pool
- Why is a math book so sad?
Because it's full of problems.
02 Apr 2018 02:08 PM
Pan/zoom goofiness by akins in Version 8.4
- I may be one of the only people that uses the pan/zoom effect very much,
but I find it useful in many situations. Several versions ago (maybe vs. 7) I complained about
the screwy interface for this effect and the techs set about and changed it so
the effect, its self, is much less useful. When mentioned this, it was admitted
that it needed work, but that they would probably allow the older version of
the effect to be used also. That never happened. The old version had a poor interface,
but was logical and very versatile. The new one has a nice interface, but is illogical
and quite limited in functionality. I've given up on this ever being fixed, so here I
give some hints on its use.
The percent zoom makes no sense whatsoever and must have been programmed
by someone who never used zoom in photography or otherwise. Of course, in
photography 100% zoom (or 1x magnification) means the original size, that is, no
zoom. Rarely people will use it to mean 2x magnification. Here's a table for the SSB
pan/zoom effect (where the first number is SSB % and the second is photographic
% zoom or 100 times the magnification:
10=166; 20=250; 30=330; 50=500; 70=670; 100=1000. So, for example, 100% is
equal to 10x magnification.
If you use this effect, you will probably want to preview often in order to get it correct.
I found that periodically the preview if incorrect. So if it looks strange in the preview,
try it again.
31 Mar 2018 03:29 PM
RE: clear screen still broken by akins in Version 8.4
- Thanks for the response, Gary. I have been wondering if there was anyone
still left (besides Joel ) on these forums. This "bug" is particularly aggravating
in that it once worked perfectly, and then someone broke it. Now no one knows
how (or cares) to fix it. We have another group using our church and they are using
ProPresenter. I probably will get a "taste" of that as they become more active.
31 Mar 2018 02:09 PM
RE: iOS 11 Update by tnanock in Mobile Apps
I totally agree. We can no longer add songs on the fly from the platform which is the main reason we used the app and one of the main reasons I purchased SSP in the first place. Thank goodness I still have an iPad with the older IOS with the original Presenter app.
28 Mar 2018 09:34 AM
Show off your pets, guys! by EmmerStone in The Wave Pool
Hey, fellas! I've created this thread for us to share a few light-hearted conversations about our household pets, something to brighten up the day when the going gets rough or you just needed something to pick you up from a gloomy day. Let me start this up with my pet story. I have a Siamese cat named Felina. When she’s not scratching up the furniture, eating her cat food, letting off on her cat litter box or watching the television with me, she would usually cuddle and snuggle, play with the kids, and follow my wife around the house. Having a pet would help cope with work-related stress. It also helps you lighten up the mood, cheer everyone up at home. How about you guys? Who are your loyal friends (whether four-legged or not)? Feel free to share.
26 Mar 2018 09:02 PM
RE: SSB slide background: searching, searching, searching!!! by akins in Version 8.3
- It's nice someone is taking note of bugs!
26 Mar 2018 09:52 AM
RE: SSP doesn't remember partial-screen view by EmmerStone in Version 8.4
- Thanks for the tip!
21 Mar 2018 05:45 PM
RE: IOS Help by tnanock in Mobile Apps
- Wow. So glad I still have an IPad with the older IOS. Never dreamed an update to the SSP app would lose functionality.
19 Mar 2018 02:26 PM
RE: Where did my "break" go?? by akins in Version 8.4
- Thanks, George. Now my question is, "Why in the world did they remove them?'
They were useful and I'm sure it took more effort to remove them to leave them alone.
19 Mar 2018 01:53 PM
SongShow Plus displays not correct at startup. (TS304) by George in Troubleshooting
When starting SongShow Plus, all displays are not in the same/correct order or are not detected as expected.
Physical display devices may not be turned on when SSP is started or even when the system is started.
Best practice is to always have all target display devices (monitors/panels/projectors/TVs etc) turned on BEFORE starting/booting the SSP projection computer. This will ensure that all resources are available when SSP is started. Use the following guidance when starting the projection system:
- Start with the Projection computer turned off.
- Turn on ALL display devices that will be used with SongShow Plus projection computer. If they are already powered on, ensure they are not in sleep/low power mode.
- Turn on all switch or extender/boost devices for attached devices.
- Start the projection PC and ensure that Windows detects all attached devices for SSP projection.
- R-Click on Windows desktop and select the Windows Display Settings.
- If all your devices do not show up you need to contact your local IT team to ensure devices/Windows is working as expected.
- Launch SongShow Plus.
- Open the SSP Display settings and check/set the device to be used for each SSP Display Window.
- From the main SSP toolbar select Settings > Display...
- For each external device you have connected ensure they are selected/configured properly. If needed, use the Identify Displays toggle to show identifier numbers on each physical display device.
- Once set as desired, Apply and click OK
- Once saved, display a test image from the Media Panel to ensure targets are set correctly.
Once this is setup, as long as things are turned on in the correct order, the display settings should remain consistent.
- If external devices are added/removed it will affect this process. re-run the setup procedure.
- If the Projection PC is left on all the time it should maintain this order, however, if the PC "loses" a device because it or the device enters a sleep/low power mode a re-set may be needed.
- SongShow Plus display settings are static and will not detect changes. SSP only knows what the PC tells it regarding displays at the time of configuration and if this changes after initial setup, a reconfiguration may be needed.
15 Mar 2018 12:48 PM
Lyrics flash before title slide shown on stage display by bladeaudio in Version 8.4
- Just recently started using Stage Display with 8.4. When we transition from one song to another, the first slide is the title slide, but for a brief moment the first slide of lyrics will pop on the screen then disappear as the title is shown. It's only happening on the stage display. Anyone else seeing this?
12 Mar 2018 08:20 AM
RE: Some forums locked? by EmmerStone in The Wave Pool
- Hmm, no wonder..
12 Mar 2018 08:20 AM
RE: Intel in cahoots with AMD Radeon by EmmerStone in The Wave Pool
- Now, that's what I call a rivalry!
12 Mar 2018 08:19 AM
RE: Introduction by EmmerStone in The Wave Pool
- Thank you very much, Gary!
07 Mar 2018 10:22 AM
RE: Hymn Display Properties by jonereb in Version 8.4
- I was able to make this work. Today, I performed a back-up on the main computer and restored on the secondary computer -- and that made everything work.
06 Mar 2018 07:46 PM
RE: Error in android app by osborn4 in Mobile Apps
- Yes! I just updated both and it seems to be working real well.
06 Mar 2018 07:21 PM
RE: Fire OS version? by osborn4 in Mobile Apps
- You have to hack a Kindle Fire to load Android store apps and those are really rough. The Fire is only a 6" screen, which isn't that much bigger than my phone.
The Windows 10 tablet is an Atom processor.